[CD3.55] I really dont know what im doing wrong..

smoochy boys on tour

Dexterity.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2012
right i have included a screenshot of pretty much all the gates and wserver files+ the holley mir3 client

i cant get past the last stage
im running it inside a local network so i shouldnt neeed to portforward?

http://gyazo.com/1b329b712937eddf798e4df873059298

That is everything i could fit on the printscreen:)

any help or further knowledge would be appreciated :)

thanks again

Dexterity.

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
There is an IP miss config somewhere and it's just a case of finding it, might want to try using the Mirlogin while testing it locally.

Upvote 0

Phantom

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Feb 4, 2012
Go through every file, including database and set your ips to 127.0.0.1. You will also need to change the HL_Mir3 ip to 127.0.0.1(the files inside the clien folder), this will then allow you to log onto the server on the same machine as you have been doing when testing this. This should then confirm that everything is working on the loop ip and that it's not an issue with the files.

Once that's done and it is working on 127.0.0.1 then follow - IP Setup for Live Server - Mir 3.55

Now depending on the make and model of router, will determine if you need to setup port forwarding for it to work on a local network. IE: Sitecom routers have to have virtual server enabled, to route the IP address to the correct ports on an internal network and the same with Netgear DG834GT, though they don't call it a virtual server. Also if you are like me (though it appears not all IT Engineers are geeks) and have an actual server that does your DHCP, you will need to setup the DHCP routing table for your Mir server.

Also I do apologies about not being able to jump on this one for you today, if it's still not resolved by the time I finish work later this evening and your available I'll have a look further at it for you.

/Phantom

Upvote 0

Dexterity.

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2012
i changed every IP to local.. still no further progress.. so very confused
thanks again mate
Dexterity.

Upvote 0