Idea for a lowrate server, high rate exp.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
easier to own n be the best on a lr than it is a hr

I think the exact opposite...

for example if you get luck 9 before ne1 else on a highrate your dominating, wereas lowrates luck 9 isnt normally possible...

Stat ranges are often bigger on highrates.

Levelling is easier, so you could be 30 levels ahead rather than 1 or 2 on a lowrate.

only reason i can think of you saying that is a normally lower usercount.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I like stat ranges.Dont get why some1 that is lvling and bossing 5x more than some1 else should only deal like 10% more dmg...

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
I like stat ranges.Dont get why some1 that is lvling and bossing 5x more than some1 else should only deal like 10% more dmg...

well if u got 1000 dc, u need 100 dc to do 10% more.

if u got 100 u only need 10dc.

so thts why lowrates and highrates are irrelevant in terms of doing damage to each other, its just spells work alot better.

But you dont seem to understand that.

10% more dmg is alot on a low or high rate, especially as u normally gain defense too.

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
No1 says u have to have pro rings in high rates.
Low rate u will eventually get about 70 mc where FW lasts over a minute, so u can spam FW FF and met.
no1 says u have to make slow/PA high in high rates either, just ppl do.

Your not really talkin about low and high rate, but just the way a server is created

Also i very rarely died on euro, that was low rate.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
No1 says u have to have pro rings in high rates.
Low rate u will eventually get about 70 mc where FW lasts over a minute, so u can spam FW FF and met.
no1 says u have to make slow/PA high in high rates either, just ppl do.

Your not really talkin about low and high rate, but just the way a server is created

Also i very rarely died on euro, that was low rate.

firewall with 70 mc lasts over a minute?

so wtf does firewall with 1000 mc last? this is my point.

high rates normally need pro rings to be balanced or warriors have a **** load of hp, wizz can still die pretty easily. Yeah it doesnt HAVe to be the case.. but usually is.

/gw

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
my point is just that tho, all these things your saying..... its down to the server creater.

u DONT have to have pros ingame, you could easily make wizs dmg very high, but hp very low, or do wotever u want.
u DONT have to use 2.3 files where FW psn etc lasts ages - Fourheros has FW/psn etc caped at 60secs.

I feel this discusion has ran its course now.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
my point is just that tho, all these things your saying..... its down to the server creater.

u DONT have to have pros ingame, you could easily make wizs dmg very high, but hp very low, or do wotever u want.
u DONT have to use 2.3 files where FW psn etc lasts ages - Fourheros has FW/psn etc caped at 60secs.

I feel this discusion has ran its course now.

Ive even said its main benefit wouldbe with2.3 files.

Yep i agree, just an idea im not gunna do it got better things to do.

/gw

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
What are you on about? why is it easier to make boss's killable in groups on a low rate than high rate?

4heros has made boss's that take like grps of 6+ to kill, evilmir/spiderlord u had to take a fair few ppl 2 kill... courage boss's is the same now, cause of fights aswell as the boss.

its just stats, u can make any boss grpable .. low or high rate

also u will eventually get FF and met on a low rate, so dunno why ur mentioning that

GW is right on my server u cudnt make a boss NOT soloable

as we only have 65k Hp to play with, wen ppl have 500-700 dc/sc/mc. On fh courage bosses have liek 800k HP.... hence makeing them alot harder because u have to take damage for a longer period of time, + on td's ac/amc is **** as tdb ect cuts straight through it, so theres no way of makin a boss un-soloable by a warrior on a high rate, unless u make it dc 1k and stupidly fast, then even 30+ ppl cant kill it, as its 2hits them all.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006

as we only have 65k Hp to play with, wen ppl have 500-700 dc/sc/mc. On fh courage bosses have liek 800k HP.... hence makeing them alot harder because u have to take damage for a longer period of time, + on td's ac/amc is **** as tdb ect cuts straight through it, so theres no way of makin a boss un-soloable by a warrior on a high rate, unless u make it dc 1k and stupidly fast, then even 30+ ppl cant kill it, as its 2hits them all.

were you the dude that did andril?

If you were bring it back lowrate lol.

and plan drops and add caves. the idea was original and fun.

/gw

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Which would make custom coded servers the better choice, no?

It's all relevant to the server creator as Ben said. If you have the resources and time, you can easily create a balanced server. However, If you do this with TD's files you WILL run into problems. It's a fact. This is why programmers and coders are born, to produce ways to get around said situations.

It's not whether it's HR or LR, or Med Rate, just you yourself, and a decent set of files to go about. Whilst PVP IS fun on 2.3's, unless it's a complete carbon copy of Euro (boring) then it just gets silly with people being one hit, or the opposite, people never dieing, and boss's getting solo'd every time.

One way you could make a boss non-soloable, is to shove say FoxBoss into the tiniest room ever, you tele in, and have to wack it to death before it kills you. But then it could be impossible depending on it's strength. blablabla, you get the picture.