Idea : Hgh Exp?

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Tbh i have no idea why there has never been any server with high exp on EI o.O.

Surely people who have never played ei would want to try out the new features from mir etc just like everyone wanted to try D Slayers etc when mir 2 files first came out.

Why hasn't anyone ever made an ei server with high exp (more than 10 x -_-) and i high start level, it will proberly bring you more people from mir 2 etc.

As far as i can see there are at least as many people who play mir 2 and like high exp servers as there are low exp ones.

So atm ei is only getting around about about half the people that would play it.

Why doesn't someone try something a bit different for one and make a high start high exp server? Maby with a few added items etc but basically just the same as normal EI with high exp.

Atm in mir2 all the servers with high exp have 60-90 people on at peak times and all the low exp servers have about 1-15 or so.

Its just an idea but i think that its pointless playing a game that we have the server files for at low start level and low exp when most people have never tried it as they dont even like low exp servers etc and they want to explore.

TBH atm whenever i look at the growing list of mir 3 servers i can litterally guess the exp, so i try and guess how low and its usually about level 1 start and 3x exp which to me is low and it would take about a month to get to level 30.

I haven't played EI alot really just on the odd server or 2 and on my own server but i think that EI really needs something to get its already growing "population" up to as much as it can get.

So why doesn't someone make a server like this which is a bit different but should make a difference in the numbers of new EI players.

Thank You
/Miles

Miranda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 14, 2003
well wots the point in having high exp ?? should they have higher level for the items and all mobs harder?? if yes then wots the point ? -dss lvl 50 ?

if no ppl will get bored when there aint any more items 2 obtain.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Hmm lets see. Some people dont like high exp servers etc but at least 50% of people do thats why all of the servers with 70-90 people online (weown, p69 etc) are so popular and WhIpLaSh had about 50 users on usually and that had v high exp and items and was very popular.

I didnt say to have higher stats although its an idea i just think people want to know how good ei is to they know what to work for etc, and so that they can learn how to play easier.

And yeh if the server has high exp there should be some high level items to work for and some high level caves or something with harder mobs etc, and as i said the point is to motivate people to level up so the get items just like on mir2

I know that most people that play ei / run servers will think im a crazy man but if someone just try's my idea i'm sure you will be pleasntly surprised with the results.

/Miles

SnIcKeRZ

Miranda said:
well wots the point in having high exp ?? should they have higher level for the items and all mobs harder?? if yes then wots the point ? -dss lvl 50 ?

if no ppl will get bored when there aint any more items 2 obtain.

i can c both pionts of veiw...and im with miles on this 1, all u have to do is looks at the facts high exp server bring in most player LOCMS = like 2 people online and thats the host(its like 2 times exp) WeOwn = 40-90 true it can get boring but thats wht updates r 4....u dont make d slayer lvl 50 to use...u make a new weapon thats lvl 50 to use and u make another caves that has harder mobs in them dont make old 1s hard, do u people have to be singly minded u scared to try somthing different? *** nos y no1s done it yet...if i cud host servers i wud do 1 but ive had enof of trying to host on a lan

kerano1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2003
Because you don't want to rush through EI and miss everything out cause you havent seen it before..

SnIcKeRZ

kerano1 said:
Because you don't want to rush through EI and miss everything out cause you havent seen it before..

no are u lot fukin blind? look at the fact u fukin prick

djsammy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2003
10x is far to much for a server(my opinion)them kind of 'high level' servers are for the lazy people of mir who cant be arsed to go hunt for what they get and expect stuff handed to them on a plate. i c no reason why u have to start the name calling 'sigh'

some peeps prefer 10x servers and some like to work hard for what they get(ie 2x,3x exp)

thats up to them members to choose

i prefer to play a server with basic exp not 10x exp and get bored after 2 weeks of playing it!

our server Empire is 3x exp,at that exp you can still make lvl 22 in a week easy

allow peeps there opinions,do not call and **** them of for doing this :chat:

Last edited:

Justme

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2003
i did a poll on my server ,about having a WeOwn EI-server ,but no1 wants to play there .i have the server files ,i have the connection ,but wot use is it ,if no1 is gonna play on it :mad:

LyricalG

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 30, 2003
Ireland
nice idea miles heres how u wanna do it

make exp good, start lvl 0 when u start @ lvl 33 and so on its kinda cack and u also want to make items rare so even if u are lvl 50 u still wanna play to get top-shuttas kit

Cartman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
Not Were I Wanna B :(
LyricalG said:
nice idea miles heres how u wanna do it

make exp good, start lvl 0 when u start @ lvl 33 and so on its kinda cack and u also want to make items rare so even if u are lvl 50 u still wanna play to get top-shuttas kit

Heres a good 1:
High EXP , But Rares r Rare...... still gives u somethin 2 work for.

Peace
~E Z~
/Cartman

Goof , Just Put It Up , For a Test See How Many Come on :)

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Yup, its a good idea to make rares rare etc at least at the start but you can make them less rare etc. Also i think its better to start at a higher level for this because the whole idea is to allow people to explore mir3 easier before they want to play servers with less exp.

/Miles

BaByDraGon_Ngo

I remember in 2002 wen most servers where level 40 all items given servers :D

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Setting 10x Experience is fine as long as the kit you create is not following in the line because at the end of the day a level give you what? a Number, More MP and HP. If you wore a DSS at level 50 - does that make you superman? Nope...

The servers I have played on that have 10x also manage to create Uber Stat kit, then you will have no problem killing any mob in the game and nothing to look forward to. This means More work for the Server guy adding new places to go, more mobs and so forth.

I think we need to seperate the line between Experience and Kit - cos its two different things.,

working

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
i bin playin ei since korean beta, and i gota say i wud luv a server with high stats/high level start etc 2 come along, if i cud get a host i'd b willing to make it on my own

i wana play an ei server thts wot Devil server mir2 was

mauldor

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2003
Well I will say this - Anybody running a Server with a Start level of lets say 33 (as a Example) and 10x + experience and Uber kit will have a lot of Late Nights ahead of them - you will get asked ALL the time to make better items, better mobs, more places and you can only redo the maps so many times surley.

If I was totaly New to Mir (either 2 or 3) then 1x is fine becuase i would need to learn as i went along - if you have been playing Mir for a long time then the noob level are just annoying to be honest becuase on EI your going to fight the same mobs as MIR2 (Oma Caves and the like) and apart from the Gxf been higher (800x600) and the looks of the game in general (horses, helmets etc) then it aint much different.

Everybody has a differerent view and this is why there is various server out there, each one having the type of people that wants that type of thing.

So if you want a slow crawl but steady rise and a challenge - then you pick a server that has 1x - 5x experience. If you dont like PK'ing or been PK'd then there is servers that allow no pking at all (they ban you i think if you do).

There is at least 2 i know of that have 10x exp - one has Uber Kit one has a steady Increase in stats Kit. The 10x on the first one (with Uber kit) has not got like 300 people playing it as you would suggest they would - a lot left once they got to level 46 as they got bored as there was nothing else to do.

DeathShadow

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 24, 2003
South Wales
I'm getting broadband soon and when I get it I'm going to d/l EI.
I would like to see a high exp server out there because I enjoy that sort of server. I admit it, I'm lazy and I also get quite alot of school work so I can't spend my whole evening every day/night leveling to say lvl 22. I don't see the point in such slow exp to be honest.
I think that when there is a high exp server more people will atleast try EI and may like it more and I think the high exp server would have a fair amount of players because as it was mentioned, alot of people like high exp servers.