if any 1 wants my near enuf translated files..

smoochy boys on tour

suysurikeru

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2005
just post... n ill upload... it will be like 26 mb or so but its everything u need all lay'd out in the correct order

they will come with near enuff every npc translated, can translate all books (in game}, all spells working (ill give u excel sheets aswell) cos i cba workin on it no more lol

i know npcs have been posted in the translation thread.. but i reworded them to make it funny to read when in game lol :middle:

edit: its king files btw lol just thought i'd mention

GreatFlame

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 14, 2004
I'd be most abliged to have those files mate, tis very kind of you...

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Would be nice if you could because i know people are working on translating these files and any work that already has been done, will cut the time it takes to get a fully working/translated set :).

Quad4U

First of all - I commend you on at least sharing but before people grab the files in a hope that its a Near completed / Transalted set of files so they can run a server, I thought I better point a few things out...

I looked through the market_Def/Quest Dairy folder and almost 100% is still Chinese, in fact yes - its all chinese.
The Market_Def again is only have done - this means a lot of the npcs will still speak Ascii or chinese depending on what Lang Pack you got on.

Now I understand you got bored of doing the files and thought fek it but your title is very misleading indeed - people will be on this thread like hot cakes hoping to have a fully translated server and then realise its not quite what they wanted...(as in a fully 100% done set of files - Leechers they are).

So my very brief look at what u have done to save other raping your bandwith..

You have translated the Database for StdItems, Magic, Monsters (Im guessing here btw).
You have done Some of the merchants - this been only the main speech part, Buy.Sell etc
No Quests have been done at all

Not a flame but just pointing out your very misleading title...

XeroX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2005
Quad4U said:
First of all - I commend you on at least sharing but before people grab the files in a hope that its a Near completed / Transalted set of files so they can run a server, I thought I better point a few things out...

I looked through the market_Def/Quest Dairy folder and almost 100% is still Chinese, in fact yes - its all chinese.
The Market_Def again is only have done - this means a lot of the npcs will still speak Ascii or chinese depending on what Lang Pack you got on.

Now I understand you got bored of doing the files and thought fek it but your title is very misleading indeed - people will be on this thread like hot cakes hoping to have a fully translated server and then realise its not quite what they wanted...(as in a fully 100% done set of files - Leechers they are).

So my very brief look at what u have done to save other raping your bandwith..

You have translated the Database for StdItems, Magic, Monsters (Im guessing here btw).
You have done Some of the merchants - this been only the main speech part, Buy.Sell etc
No Quests have been done at all

Not a flame but just pointing out your very misleading title...

i've taken into account what u sed m8, but have still decided i will try these out. Also thanx for realese suysurikeru

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Why is it me with all the problems?? lol.

I seem to be unable to import a translated Magic.DB without crueldragon3g.exe giving me a starttimer exception error. I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

Talim

Edit: Now fixed, there was an entire column from the Excel file that had filled itself with <NULL> when i imported to SQL. I just put a space in each cell in the excel file and reimported and it seems ok now...

Last edited:

XeroX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2005
Somebody Else said:

I seem to be unable to import a translated Magic.DB without crueldragon3g.exe giving me a starttimer exception error. I can't figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

Talim

im at college atm m8 when i get home ill have a look an let ya no if i can get them up an runnin. check back here on thursday an i should have posted m8.

Quad4U

Somebody Else said:

Talim

When i *tried* ages ago to use other people databases - both King and CruelDragon gave me errors, at the end of the day there was only one course of action - Dump everything ever that is shared on here and start from scratch - and you know what?? It worked 100% - No errors reading the Database, No problems with any of my NPCS and so forth.

Picking bits from LOMCN will def 100% lead to problems - Oh and I cannot beleive you already posted a "comming soon" thread with loads of "what will be added" when you have no idea what the hell you are doing - do you know there is a good handfull of NPCS that need a total re-write for them to work?? What will happen (as it happens to most) is you will get bored doing the files when you realize there is 4500+ files to translate and a lot of them are bloddy long.... But gives you something to do eh !!

SomeLad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 21, 2004
Quad4U said:
When i *tried* ages ago to use other people databases - both King and CruelDragon gave me errors, at the end of the day there was only one course of action - Dump everything ever that is shared on here and start from scratch - and you know what?? It worked 100% - No errors reading the Database, No problems with any of my NPCS and so forth.

Picking bits from LOMCN will def 100% lead to problems - Oh and I cannot beleive you already posted a "comming soon" thread with loads of "what will be added" when you have no idea what the hell you are doing - do you know there is a good handfull of NPCS that need a total re-write for them to work?? What will happen (as it happens to most) is you will get bored doing the files when you realize there is 4500+ files to translate and a lot of them are bloddy long.... But gives you something to do eh !!

lolz dats wot i did wiv mir2 servers both 1.4 & 1.9 plus i liked mir3 better anyway :)

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Well i definitely have plenty of time on my hands :bounce: And i definitely dont know everything yet, but everyone has to start somewhere. I will find out. And about using other peoples databases... I also tried to use my own, but that didnt work either, even though it was a direct export -> rename -> import, until i found out about the error with the <NULL> column.

Got it working now anyway. NPC translation, all the way up to, but unfortunately not including, learning the skills. They don't do anything when you click them. Argh lol.

And besides, its not a "coming soon" thread, its a "up and coming" thread, nowhere there does it say "soon".

Talim

PS there can't be 4500+files, my /mud3 dir only contains 2800 files total :P

Last edited:

Quad4U

Not 4500 Files ??? I must have a Bigger version then, there you go then - Only half the amount to translate :)

suysurikeru

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2005
yea i should of thought how i put the topic, but the files i gave are good enough for a starting point.. cos once whoever gets it working and ingame they can see english npcs (well most lol) n they all have items in the shops n other bits in pieces

Quad4U

suysurikeru said:
yea i should of thought how i put the topic, but the files i gave are good enough for a starting point.. cos once whoever gets it working and ingame they can see english npcs (well most lol) n they all have items in the shops n other bits in pieces

Can I ask why you gave up?? Did you get bored stupid translating all the files, bored of Mir3? I know doing chinese --> English is def not listed at a top ten thing to do on a sunny day but if you chip away so much at a time it all gets done in the end...

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
may I ask... are these files fresh translate? or they are bits and pieces from tasha/others...

translation takes a lot of time... I can read chinese very well but still I HATE translating... but as suggested by demonic, if you do few files a day, it's not that bad.

but yeah... this release is not that useful. I would still use a fully translated version and make those work on king/cd.

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Yup. :) Got spells working now, just seeing if I can get rid of the bug that only lets you use one spell before logging. Anyone know anything about this??

Yay smaller version!! lol

@Undrin: Wtf?? lol

Talim

Last edited:

suysurikeru

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 24, 2005
Quad4U said:
Can I ask why you gave up?? Did you get bored stupid translating all the files, bored of Mir3? I know doing chinese --> English is def not listed at a top ten thing to do on a sunny day but if you chip away so much at a time it all gets done in the end...

can say i quit mir 3 altogether, a great game but nonealess its repetative n can get quite boring like most games

Kaori said:
may I ask... are these files fresh translate? or they are bits and pieces from tasha/others...

translation takes a lot of time... I can read chinese very well but still I HATE translating... but as suggested by demonic, if you do few files a day, it's not that bad. workin on the server files was fun for a while.. but it just got boring

but yeah... this release is not that useful. I would still use a fully translated version and make those work on king/cd.

a little from column a n a little from column b

i used translations from the translation thread to get the layout of how n npc works n went on from there