if you are making a server check this thread.

Join Discord

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
hello everyone
i was about to make a new server using crystal files, but thought of checking lomcn members
if anyone has any interest's on adding a member to their server staff, i will be a volunteer.
am not asking for anything in return i just wanna be a part of a server team
i've got some server experience, i can script and got a few coding experience ( not an expert on it tho ).

servers i made n put online :

Devolution Mir - Heroes Files

Rise Of Devolution - Crystal Files

if anyone is interested please pm me
much thanks.

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Hopefully more people will take the same course, instead of having so many servers we need to work together towards one great one.

Finding team members is difficult typically because of everyones distinct views on what a server should be like.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
still looking for a team
ive got plenty of free time these days
looking for a team thats willing to participate and join me on making a server.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Free time as in not having daily job? Then you could be on call for rebooting the server as needed, nothing more annoying and amateurish than hearing 'I was at work'...

Not sure why server owners can't monitor and reboot their server from mobile phone, shouldn't be so difficult nowadays.

Also each server should have somebody from the server 'staff' playing the server to get first hand feel of the various balance issues.

I have been trying out various servers, mostly crystal files based, and can't settle on any. I have a problem with server when you are left to go through first 40 levels on basic crystal files with only exp and drop files changed over plain crystal files server download, including its database (I guess Daneo's?). Typically very little attention is paid to classic mir maps, I suppose because its boring to those who run the server... but then, why rub players noses in it, making them spend several evenings plodding to 40? Not even sprinkling into the drop files their own renamed items with customized stats, like at least some servers have it? On one server I was in Mongchon town where all is exactly like on default files, no improved teleporting between town location (over the basic buletin board script that teles you to shops), no nothing. Basic files have tiger for sale in bichon npc for 150k (equipable at lev22) and so it is like that on 'custom' crystal servers... Given the low user count, you might as well play by yourself on the files.

Last edited:

hershire

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Its eady to rdp to a server, if its a dedi owned by a 3rd party and the unit crashes that can take some time upwards of 3-4 hours but other than that a server should never be down longer than 6 hours if managed properly aside from scheduled maintenance.

mir2x

Banned
Banned
Feb 24, 2014
Ok:disturbed::indecisiveness::k:suspicion::wink-new::concern::apple::apple:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Its eady to rdp to a server, if its a dedi owned by a 3rd party and the unit crashes that can take some time upwards of 3-4 hours but other than that a server should never be down longer than 6 hours if managed properly aside from scheduled maintenance.

Just work in IT and host the server yourself, zero downtime :encouragement: