If you could add anything.

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
If you could add anything to Mir, what would you add. Dont post anything stupid i'm just interested in what you think would make mir better (Eg a proper house System)

/Miles

zion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
A proper attributes system, by where training yourself i.e. Doing something gives you Strength Point +1. And you do it all at a training centre or something like that.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
lets see what would i add? (so hard to make just 1 selection so i'll write multiple ideas)
- a proper crafting system instead of the currently stupid not so random refine
in this system you'd have to combine items to make others (like a wooden stick + some bronze ore for a dagger or something) then you'd have to lvl your crafting skill by starting at low lvl items and working your way upto higher lvl, the more you craft the more lucky you get with higher wpn attempts (the top wpns would need ingredients from boss drops like wt horn for mace or something and the items would still fail 1/20 or something so they dont ruin the game)

- a system where you get global quests that the entire server can help in
stuff like:
* have a bridge that mobs try to destroy, once in a while the mobs succeed in destroying it, this bridge leads to a 'special' area (like a bridge connecting bw town to bichon province), if mobs destroy it then nobody would be able to leave town (use invisible guards to block the paths or something), nobody would get in either then you'd have to gather wood to rebuilt it (huge amounts of wood like 100k wood or something so you cant do it on your own you need the rest of the server to help you since they all stuck)
* could do the same with the boat between prajna and mainland, ofcourse teleport npcs would need to be updated to handle this thing aswell

- having a server where quests are more important then looks
* having to do a 'hard' quest for each spell(like original ei)
* having to do quests to enter certain dungeons/krs
* having a sort of spell tree where for example you would have to chose between spells (like you'd have to chose to either have soulshield or blessedshield but you'd be unable to get both, or chose between fire or ice spells or something like that to make chars more unique)

Ali3n

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 27, 2004
Leicestershire
thedeath said:
lets see what would i add? (so hard to make just 1 selection so i'll write multiple ideas)
- a proper crafting system instead of the currently stupid not so random refine
in this system you'd have to combine items to make others (like a wooden stick + some bronze ore for a dagger or something) then you'd have to lvl your crafting skill by starting at low lvl items and working your way upto higher lvl, the more you craft the more lucky you get with higher wpn attempts (the top wpns would need ingredients from boss drops like wt horn for mace or something and the items would still fail 1/20 or something so they dont ruin the game)

- a system where you get global quests that the entire server can help in
stuff like:
* have a bridge that mobs try to destroy, once in a while the mobs succeed in destroying it, this bridge leads to a 'special' area (like a bridge connecting bw town to bichon province), if mobs destroy it then nobody would be able to leave town (use invisible guards to block the paths or something), nobody would get in either then you'd have to gather wood to rebuilt it (huge amounts of wood like 100k wood or something so you cant do it on your own you need the rest of the server to help you since they all stuck)
* could do the same with the boat between prajna and mainland, ofcourse teleport npcs would need to be updated to handle this thing aswell

- having a server where quests are more important then looks
* having to do a 'hard' quest for each spell(like original ei)
* having to do quests to enter certain dungeons/krs
* having a sort of spell tree where for example you would have to chose between spells (like you'd have to chose to either have soulshield or blessedshield but you'd be unable to get both, or chose between fire or ice spells or something like that to make chars more unique)

Parts of that sounded so much like a game i used to play *searchs for the link*

zion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
A good system would be a basic skills system like on a MMORPG that i've played called fairyland, where you learn skills like hunting, fishing, swordmaking, etc and as you level up those skills you can get better things from them, but you need something like wood cutting and metal working to make swords and both skills need to be of a certain level to learn swordmaking, and you can make better items than you can get from drops etc, or something like that.

What would also be good is something like you can only learn swordmaking if you're a warrior, potionmaking if you're a taoist and something for wizzies. And you have multiple skills, like Armour making as well.

You could also have it so that you can learn as many base skills as you like (e.g. Fishing, Farming, Wood Cutting, etc) and then you could learn 6 Apprentice skills (the skills like MetalWorking. These are the skills that you need for your Master Skills. you need 2 for each 1 master skill) and the you have Master Skills which you can only learn 3 of.

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
lol u should make your own thread on it konni Thats if u want tho

That way u could get peoples ideas and opinions Since U aint strictly sticking to standard korean ei

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
lol Konni hmm put it in Mir3 Chat since theres no development section

Maybe you could let people know what you have currently done

lol Do it when/if u get time theres no rush for it