Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
What car would you go and buy?

Real life links to sales welcome ;)

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
Depends on what it's like where you live, personally I won't have a use for a car (that validates paying for it, keeping it taxed/insured etc) for some time, as any where I work is either in walking/cycling distance (I'm not a tree hugger, but I prefer staying in shape to turning in to a sack of lard :p) or works out much cheaper by bus, though that's due to parking costing something silly like £9 for a full shift in the centre of town, as it's rather damn busy/big.

If you live/work in a similar situation, get a bike (can pick a nice [motor] bike up for £3k odd brand new, decent bicycle [that sounds so retarded] for £500 or so) and blow the rest on booze and a holiday. ^^

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
He asked if you had to spend 6k on a car. You dont have to drive it. Just buy one.

Stick to the question.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
My motorbikes blown up today (I mean properly blown up) and I need to sort something out this weekend ready for next week.

It's about time I got a car anyway, the motorbike was fun but sometimes you just want to sit inside a nice warm car on your way to work. Besides I can't drive them responsibly enough and will only have another accident soon.

I've been looking around at cars today but I just can't make my mind up :(, I just know I'll end up buying something I hate.

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
He asked if you had to spend 6k on a car. You dont have to drive it. Just buy one.

Stick to the question.

As someone that isn't good with spending money, I'm not surprised you didn't answer the question, lol.

Sorry to go a bit off-topic here Liandrin, but what bike did you have? Personally I find bikes a lot of fun, but like you, in the future I'll be looking at a car, it all depends on what you'll use it for though - If you just want a bike that isn't going to get totalled and is going to keep you warm in winter, go with something cheap and fuel efficient, when I finally pull my finger out and get a car I'll be doing the same. But for the love of everything on two wheels, don't even consider a SmartCar or anything similar, though they fit the criteria of small and cheap, just no. :(

My knowledge of cars is horribly limited and I wouldn't buy anything before getting advice from someone who knows their ****, but at a quick browse on google, this caught my eye; Cheap, relatively fuel-efficient, all the basic bits and bobs you'd need, doesn't look like a 5 year old designed it and it's small without being tiny.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Nissan Skyline R34 - £6,995

2 Doors, Semi-Automatic, Coupe, Petrol, 82,000 miles, Silver. Air conditioning, Body kit, Alloy wheels. Great price range R34 GTT with stunning looks and a few choice upgrades! Torque GT consistently import the best sport cars from Japan. P/x welcome. All cards accepted. Finance and extended warranties available. Viewings by apppointment, £6,995

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ceasc&anchor=advert200931338812900&logcode=p#

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
As someone that isn't good with spending money, I'm not surprised you didn't answer the question, lol.

Sorry to go a bit off-topic here Liandrin, but what bike did you have? Personally I find bikes a lot of fun, but like you, in the future I'll be looking at a car, it all depends on what you'll use it for though - If you just want a bike that isn't going to get totalled and is going to keep you warm in winter, go with something cheap and fuel efficient, when I finally pull my finger out and get a car I'll be doing the same. But for the love of everything on two wheels, don't even consider a SmartCar or anything similar, though they fit the criteria of small and cheap, just no. :(

My knowledge of cars is horribly limited and I wouldn't buy anything before getting advice from someone who knows their ****, but at a quick browse on google, this caught my eye; Cheap, relatively fuel-efficient, all the basic bits and bobs you'd need, doesn't look like a 5 year old designed it and it's small without being tiny.

Im brilliant at spending money, Its me through and through.

But 6k? Id buy this...

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=04

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
That car choice really doesn't surprise me, nor does the colour actually.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
My bikes a 250 Suzuki RGVR, I'll get it repaired at some point because it's beyond fun to drive.

I'm going to take a look through all these links when I get home, my filter at work blocks pretty much anything with cars on it sadly.

I'm pretty tempted to take a bit of finance out and get something like Hazuki suggested, might be more than I can handle though.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
My bikes a 250 Suzuki RGVR, I'll get it repaired at some point because it's beyond fun to drive.

I'm going to take a look through all these links when I get home, my filter at work blocks pretty much anything with cars on it sadly.

I'm pretty tempted to take a bit of finance out and get something like Hazuki suggested, might be more than I can handle though.
Lol how old are you?

Is you are under 25 and dont have many NCB, I wouldnt even bother getting an insurance quote.

Get something nice and reliable, like a golf :D

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
24 and a 6 year NCB so not too bad but your probably right, I'm not going to be spending money for the sake of it.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Something like this...
VW Camper
Obviously give it some work and buy a board or two with the 1k you have left, tax exempt too! A few more grand and you can get some nicer ones....

Also if it's going to be a mini Prai its got to be a proper 80's Austin. Or at least an early 90's cooper.

/Gand

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Ive always wanted a convertible Mini... Like a dream.