I'm ancient.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Ive got astigmatism. Reading on black causes imprinting on my vision. I can only read off light themes.
I feel you brother, also have astigmatism. I mean, my eyes are pretty ****ed at the ripe age of 32 anyway. I've also got a condition in my eyes called pigment dispersion disorder which has lead to early onset glaucoma in my right eye. Legit had no idea I had them, and the only symptom I had that led to finding out was headaches.

Anyway, my eyes are pretty sensitive to light so almost every website, browser, PC theme, phone theme etc is dark mode (if it has it)

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I feel you brother, also have astigmatism. I mean, my eyes are pretty ****ed at the ripe age of 32 anyway. I've also got a condition in my eyes called pigment dispersion disorder which has lead to early onset glaucoma in my right eye. Legit had no idea I had them, and the only symptom I had that led to finding out was headaches.

Anyway, my eyes are pretty sensitive to light so almost every website, browser, PC theme, phone theme etc is dark mode (if it has it)
Same here minus the Glaucoma. My great grandmother had it though. Headaches used to ruin me but one thing that did help by chance was a bluelight filter in the evening. Generally, wherever I am I need to either close the curtains or have suitable light to see. Lights are bright and intense for me. Likely the same for you.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Same here minus the Glaucoma. My great grandmother had it though. Headaches used to ruin me but one thing that did help by chance was a bluelight filter in the evening. Generally, wherever I am I need to either close the curtains or have suitable light to see. Lights are bright and intense for me. Likely the same for you.
It's crazy when you find that your habit's are actually not as insane as they sound. I too use a bluelight filter after 7pm on my phone, and often on the PC too. My misses thinks I was born in the dark because I sit in the evening/night with no lights on, generally won't turn lights on unless its a low brightness light, I really can't stand it.

I'm sure its the same for you, but I also have issues driving at night due to it. I find that the astigmatism causes car headlights to stretch to a point it obscures my vision slightly. It doesn't help that today's car's have super bright LED's anyway, but **** me I get blinded so easy.

Reactions: MentaL

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
First you **** @Jev's paypal now you're disgracing this place using the light theme...

@Martyn you know what to do..
No Way Smh GIF

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
You just made me realize that I was 12 when I signed up to this ******* forum. Jesus Christ.