Im Back, and in need of assistance

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Hey peeps,
Right first things first, ive been away from the LoM and lomcn scene for about a year + now, and ive gradually been making my return. Befor i left i was just getting into making my own server (just for experimenting for offline use). During that i came up with some ideas that would of made a top server, but ofcourse i didnt have the time or the skills to do so, so i abandoned it and mir all together. Now im back, and i want another bash at making this server, but i havent got a clue where to start. Ive seen things about DM2 clients? and other stuff like that, but im not sure what im supposed to be using or where it is. So if anyone could point me in the right direction please, id be so greatful.

Secondly, if i managed to come up with the basic server and the right idea's to get people intrested, is it still possible to find people on here who are skilled at the right areas of it to help?

Thanks
Westy

littletommy

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 10, 2006
well tbh im ok iv built a 1.4 from scratch new maps quests npc's items mobs drop files gm coulers of there writing and stuff and did manage to put all the stuff into a 1.9 yes i had to edit lots of things to the npc's etc but its not that hard

Upvote 0

GhettoFx

Runescape HD
Golden Oldie
May 17, 2005
I say create 1.4 SERVER first because thats the best place to start and after u cracked that move up2 1.9 then onto DM2 there are many topics on lomcn just use the search button

Upvote 0

1westy1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
I have made 1.9 servers befor, but i want to get onto this 2.3 DM2 Stuff or whatever it is. But there is loads of guides, but none linking them together.
Ive read things about MySQL and 2.3 Clients and files, but what do i need to make a 2.3 server, if you can list roughly what is needed im sure i can find guides for them. Thanks

Upvote 0