Importing into Hum.wil

smoochy boys on tour

SoundWave

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 2, 2003
hey ppl iv searched lomcn bt got no luck

iv searched lomcn bt iv got no luck with what im after im wanting 2 import an armour into my Hum.wil i kno i need my hum.wil open that i want 2 import into iv kind ov figured out how 2 add the images etc bt its sayin i need 2 import them 1 by 1 im just woundering if its possible 2 just import the lot in 1 go?

Last edited:

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
Re: hey ppl iv searched lomcn bt got no luck

Am sure it can be done with HH8, however afaik the hum.wil can only read a certain number of images anything after that wont show (think it reads just 1 image no matter what number you put in the shape). However what I would try to do in order to import all images at once is simply make a folder use hh8 to export all the images you want into that folder then open up the hum.wil you want to import them to then select all the images (ctrl & A) on either "import" or "add" that should add them all.

Hope this helps, and forgive me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0

PackardBell

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 7, 2009

to import i think u need to have 'Placements' folder with picture names but .txt and with offsets inside then u should be able to import

00000.bmp
Placements\00000.txt

Upvote 0

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005

why not just add the individual armour wil set to the graphics/human folder

Upvote 0

akacary2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hartlepool

why not just add the individual armour wil set to the graphics/human folder

I have seen this done before (saved as 51.wil, 52.wil, 53.wil etc) but how does this affect the database?

E.g Base Dress is FLD_SHAPE 1, Heavy Armour = 3 but they are all in same hum.wil so how does the 'individual armour' .wil affect these numbers please as its in a diff folder
:dunce:
Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0

akacary2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hartlepool

I have seen this done before (saved as 51.wil, 52.wil, 53.wil etc) but how does this affect the database?

E.g Base Dress is FLD_SHAPE 1, Heavy Armour = 3 but they are all in same hum.wil so how does the 'individual armour' .wil affect these numbers please as its in a diff folder
:dunce:
Thanks in advance :)

I've actually sorted this 1 out now :agree: u just put the shape the same as the .wil file... so 57.wil = FLD_SHAPE 57, lol im thick >.<

What numbers do the .wils go up 2 in the graphics folder?

Upvote 0

Orionstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 9, 2007

ive got a question tht applies to this thread.(yes ive searched but didnt find nething)
wot is the relation between graphic folder and hum,wil

when i add an armor into my db, it picks the 1 from hum.wil

id like to know how i use the graphic folder instead, tht wud make my life a lot easier

Upvote 0

akacary2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hartlepool

The hum.wil only holds so many images, after that they are blank, therefore you cant add new armours.
The graphics/human folder allows you to add more armours but only 1 armour per .wil file.
E.g. you want 2 add a new armour (Sapphire Armour) but no space in hum.wil so you create 51.wil and put it in graphics/human folder and in this 51.wil is only the Sapphire Armour images.
You can do this for each new armour... 52.wil, 53.wil etc

Upvote 0

Orionstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 9, 2007

can u just do this, cos atm i got no grphic folder in my client, or is it something tht u have to code in?

Upvote 0

PackardBell

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 7, 2009

u have to create a folder 'Graphics' same place where ur Data, Map, Wav folders are, then go inside Graphics folder u created and create there folders:

Human
Monster
Weapon
NPC

u will have to add ur armours to Mir2Client\Graphics\Human

Upvote 0

ρяєα¢нєя

Unstookie Titled
VIP
Aug 19, 2008
Title changed. Please try and use thread titles that describe your problem to make it easier for people who have a similar issue in the future and want to find this thread. :)

p

Upvote 0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2004
Aint very hard to import into Hum.wil

Find the armour you want, find the last image number extract them images to a folder.. Then find where the last Armour finishes in ur hum.wil and add the new armour at the start of the next line. Should work fine.

Upvote 0