Help Importing white background PNGs, deleting shadows

Join Discord

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Evening all,

I have been recently attempting to convert PNGs to BMPs while keeping the shadows. However, whatever i try, i fail!

I manage to convert to BMP with true color values, however this creates a white background which is obviously a big no no. I manage to convert to BMP with a black background (lovely!) but the shadows disappear. As soon as i import as PNG the same problem occurs.

Mobs without Shadows just look so displaced on the map (same with armours/npcs etc).

Does anyone know a work around for this?

I am currently using Totalimage converter, which is great and i have tried various different converters with the same outcome.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Solution
As suspected the shadow is pure black just with the alpha turned down. There's also some spots all over the mob which would be transparent in game too as you can see from this image, so you will need to replace the pure black (#000000) with like #010101 so the client doesn't turn it transparent

1619106847101.png

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Still using 2015 too. There much worth upgrading for? Only thing I've heard abt recently was the 4x ai enlargement but that's no use to me

Nothing notable lol, apart from a massive performance hit ...oob its slow, had to alter a lot to speed it up!

Batching on older versions was fairly quick with simple actions, but newer versions took longer without tweaking the settings / prefs.

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I got a pricking in my thumbs it is that photoshop I sent you some couple yrs or so back

you couldn't even download it from that uploading site, had to send it to you direct if memory serves me

maybe that's why u sit on my neck, pple always hate most the helping hand
No. The link you sent me never worked, it was one of those click accept 6 times, wait 30 secs, watch adverts, answer a survey and sign up to 200 mailing lists jobs. I dont download stuff from sites like that

Upvote 0