Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Introducing the next step towards adding a little bit of difficuly and exploration and item finding....

The Cartographers Guild:

When you start the game you will NOT have access to any minimaps or big maps, you will need to find/craft/unlock and buy you way to unlocking maps.

Throught the server you will find NPC's that belong to the Cartographers Guild, here you can buy/craft Maps.

Dungeon map parts will drop from mobs, complete a maps collection and you can craft the map to unlock the minimap/bigmap including monsterinfo (thedots).

a small video of it in action below :)

HxH

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 17, 2017
having no minimaps/maps is one of reason i stopped playing chronicle after couple hours, and yes im a noob casual player XD....

Reactions: ventus

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
its why im going to put them in the tokenshop aswell, so players can if they want too, just buy them
Post automatically merged:

Would be interesting to have a hardcore mode in Mir! haha

Only thing is it would have to exclude PvP deaths
perma death mode... now that does sound interesting.....

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
its why im going to put them in the tokenshop aswell, so players can if they want too, just buy them

perma death mode... now that does sound interesting.....
Mir doesn't have that kind of following, everyone expects nearly to whole game given to them on a easy platter

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Could have it as an 'option' get more buffs etc, but if you die, your char diiiiiies.

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
The option to unlock it is nice. Could add a reward that allows for cave entrance teleports if you have unlocked the town map to make it worth while

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Nice idea but unless they're all new maps, most people know the maps and have the maps anyway. If it means access to the actual maps and not just mini/big map views, that would get the usual set of players bleating !

CountedZero

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 4, 2019
"Screeeeeam ! Where the heck am I ? "
Yes new cave maps would slow the fast levelers and give interest to the grinders.
Is it a vast undertaking to create new maps for the same dungeons?
Never thought of it before but
There are parts of Mir that you don't go to because ' it's not on the way ' .
It's like we're on rails !

Reactions: Sanjian

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Nice idea but unless they're all new maps, most people know the maps and have the maps anyway. If it means access to the actual maps and not just mini/big map views, that would get the usual set of players bleating !
like ANY map that has a mini map you could just access it via the clients data folder anyway, but most people know the usual map, but not having the map unlocked actually blocks the minimap dots

and on my server subs/bosses have a special dot you can see, so not having access to a minimap, IMO causes alot of problems and will be something any player will want to fix, even if they know the way

im sorry but if you in WT and you RT you cant tell me you know exactly where you are every time without a minimap or coord locations :P

plus is handled serverside aswell

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
like ANY map that has a mini map you could just access it via the clients data folder anyway, but most people know the usual map, but not having the map unlocked actually blocks the minimap dots

and on my server subs/bosses have a special dot you can see, so not having access to a minimap, IMO causes alot of problems and will be something any player will want to fix, even if they know the way

im sorry but if you in WT and you RT you cant tell me you know exactly where you are every time without a minimap or coord locations :p

plus is handled serverside aswell
Also remember that mob sounds play when the mob is in range of the minimap. Not sure how the range works with enlarged screen sizes though.
If the sound call is tied in with the visibility setting then it should work fine.
That said, if the sound plays but you have no idea where from, it would make things more interesting.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
ability to unlock special buffs? 1in10 chance of getting 1% drop rate or something on the map? then u may have the edge on that map on other players. Makes them worth hunting?

• Love

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Also remember that mob sounds play when the mob is in range of the minimap. Not sure how the range works with enlarged screen sizes though.
If the sound call is tied in with the visibility setting then it should work fine.
That said, if the sound plays but you have no idea where from, it would make things more interesting.
sound still plays regardless of minimap dots and i wont link them tbh, i remember many moons ago running through BC listening for ET.. then you get a group of 5+tongs and they sound like an ET and you get excited....

also i know alot of players have said they dont play with sound anyway >.<

the idea behind it just simply another challenge and something else to collect... hopefully ^^

ability to unlock special buffs? 1in10 chance of getting 1% drop rate or something on the map? then u may have the edge on that map on other players. Makes them worth hunting?
because its handled server side this is actually a really interesting concept that i could include definatly!

i mean you could possibly trick the client into showing the minimap once you know the servers indexing of maps, but the buff would be dealt with server side so cant be abused, i like it :) nice thanks :)

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
sound still plays regardless of minimap dots and i wont link them tbh, i remember many moons ago running through BC listening for ET.. then you get a group of 5+tongs and they sound like an ET and you get excited....

also i know alot of players have said they dont play with sound anyway >.<

the idea behind it just simply another challenge and something else to collect... hopefully ^^

because its handled server side this is actually a really interesting concept that i could include definatly!

i mean you could possibly trick the client into showing the minimap once you know the servers indexing of maps, but the buff would be dealt with server side so cant be abused, i like it :) nice thanks :)
You are welcome :) i think it would make a good approach and perhaps endgame ability to disgard your mini maps in the lottery of getting a better buff as u re learn. Will encourage certain maps to be hunted which are not as popular.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Just to top it off Add an extra stat to your stats such as

HUNTERS Ability % stacked and u can add these to your items via glyphs and it helps you in your quest for finding this maps and the higher the % the better the buff reward. Creates a huge gold sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.