Discussion Invasion Mir2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
I did go online, he teleported me about the maps, showing different mining maps, mostly full of people mining, at the time there was even pvp in town with 6-8 people odd fighting, already been discussed via in staff section tbh. if its fake the only thing it'll do is hurt it more, as people will go on expecting a busy server, town pvp, boss fights etc and not get anything, where as there are some people out there who just go on smaller(ish) UC servers to play and chill ( myself inc)
Again Martyn, as an administrator you should take personal investigations into full effect, and not what the Owner's want you to see.
For the rest I cannot comment on as what you saw as it's what he wanted you to see there.
Also their is only 1 mining map, and 1 pvp map, and 1 levelling area is the entire bichon zone, and bosses are done by routine via a few people in the top guild.

At the end of the day LOMCN is a Mir advertising website, and the server Owner's are the ones getting payed, they know what their doing.

And that's understandable.

Last edited:

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
there's like 6 or 7, its done by instantces.
I already tested this in the video by teleporting in and out, and I saw no other instance, in-fact it simply teleports you around the mining map so I'm not sure how he's programmed it do that per instance, so I'm not sure if you were looking at other maps which were not in use.
But I do see a correlation of him being defended since he's donated recently, so I cba for this.

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
But I do see a correlation of him being defended since he's donated recently, so I cba for this.
whats he donated for? I receive zero from lomcn, so I have no motive to "defend" just stating what I saw, you stated one map there's clearly more, just making sure you have the correct information. the fact remails that he hasn't edited anything server side to dodge the numbers, he may have 100 clients logged in to boost it, but that seems like a huge waste of resources imo.
1691599197146.png
go ingame jump into a cave and type @map its done by instances (i believe) so it'll only allow a set amount of people on that map at a time, i assume 1-3 is at max capacity.

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
whats he donated for? I receive zero from lomcn, so I have no motive to "defend" just stating what I saw, you stated one map there's clearly more, just making sure you have the correct information. the fact remails that he hasn't edited anything server side to dodge the numbers, he may have 100 clients logged in to boost it, but that seems like a huge waste of resources imo.
View attachment 32352
So be it but I don't believe the player count, and after countless amounts of evidence I don't believe mining is what causes the 160+ jumps, or anywhere near what the actual player count shows.
I'm not replying to any of this anymore I honestly cba for it.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 32352
go ingame jump into a cave and type @map its done by instances (i believe) so it'll only allow a set amount of people on that map at a time, i assume 1-3 is at max capacity.

Attachments

• 1691635473350.png
    1691635473350.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
So be it but I don't believe the player count, and after countless amounts of evidence I don't believe mining is what causes the 160+ jumps, or anywhere near what the actual player count shows.
That usercount image :kekw:

• Haha
Reactions: Symtax and Pusha

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
whats this meant to show?

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Just log in, it shows user count, now compare to LOMCN, its inflated.. well he may have fixed this by now, but the user count is complete faked.. has been for months LOMCN should really just step in and place a ? on it or it will stay the all time highest user server

Reactions: Symtax

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Just log in, it shows user count, now compare to LOMCN, its inflated.. well he may have fixed this by now, but the user count is complete faked.. has been for months LOMCN should really just step in and place a ? on it or it will stay the all time highest user server
What can we do? Same community that voted for LOMCN to not moderate servers are the same community that expect LOMCN to act.

Reactions: TheTempest

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
wheres it show the usercount?

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
It was on a line message, think it's hourly. This was 2 months ago.

💯 can't really have it both ways. Shame such a useful feature has become so commonly abused.

Last edited:
Reactions: Symtax

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
I know and it's more annoying when admins decide to defend this behaviour ^^.
But hey at least I done my bit by exposing it so others don't feel as fcked over as I was in the end!!!!!!
Nearly donated too, **** that.

Last edited:

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
whats this meant to show?
It's hilarious how when Carnage goes down the player count is completely removed off of the site as the data connection hasn't been edited, just remove Invasion off of LOMCN. Clearly whenever that server has gone down it's always showing 30+ players in the tracker.
Because the data file had been edited e.g to always show a continuous amount of players.
Honestly boring.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
It's hilarious how when Carnage goes down the player count is completely removed off of the site as the data connection hasn't been edited, just remove Invasion off of LOMCN. Clearly whenever that server has gone down it's always showing 30+ players in the tracker.
Because the data file had been edited e.g to always show a continuous amount of players.
Honestly boring.
So this is what you've been on about for all this time? you can't solely rely on the mirtracks graphs, it's designed to show an average, there is raw data, so unless the downtime was longer than a few UC catchments, it won't display, Carnage went down twice yesterday I think due to a crash, and it shows that it never happened?

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
So this is what you've been on about for all this time? you can't solely rely on the mirtracks graphs, it's designed to show an average, there is raw data, so unless the downtime was longer than a few UC catchments, it won't display, Carnage went down twice yesterday I think due to a crash, and it shows that it never happened?
It did go down and after a few minutes it updated with the MirTracks here not displaying the server at all, can't believe you're still defending this server, it's whatever mate lol

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
It did go down and after a few minutes it updated with the MirTracks here not displaying the server at all, can't believe you're still defending this server, it's whatever mate lol
not defending anything, you clearly dislike the guy for some reason, but we aren't here to take sides, mirtracks it designed to show the average users, and pointing it out shows nothing? I went on and there were people all over, not going to wait an hour to see the live user count, feel free too, then cmd the user count to see if it matches.. until something solid comes up we can't do anything can we.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
Honestly boring.
you realise the way mirtracks gets it's usercount number = connect to the server on port 3000 (default anyway) and read the usercount reported by the server exe.
the moment a server goes down (exe is turned off) > mirtracks would have no way of getting the potentially faked usercount since there's no program left running to send this data.
ofcourse it's possible to put server in maintenance mode so it's running but unavailable to public (big difference between server actually 'going down')

Symtax

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
Worthing, West Sussex
you realise the way mirtracks gets it's usercount number = connect to the server on port 3000 (default anyway) and read the usercount reported by the server exe.
the moment a server goes down (exe is turned off) > mirtracks would have no way of getting the potentially faked usercount since there's no program left running to send this data.
ofcourse it's possible to put server in maintenance mode so it's running but unavailable to public (big difference between server actually 'going down')
Theirs a 100 different ways in-order to mess around with the file internally or externally, lets not be silly.
Anyways I do not care about this no more, it's been defended enough by people who had the evidence and power to stop this.