IP Settings for Live and for me to play on LAN.

Join Discord

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Ok, just basically checking what the IP settings should be for people to play with the live ip and for me to get ingame on LAN.

Atm I've got all ip's set for live IP where needed and 127.0.0.1 everywhere else. Can't get ingame on lan atm due to my current router not supporting loopback, and hoping my new router will sort that. But basically checking I don't need to change IP Setup once I get the new router lol

mapadale

Ok, just basically checking what the IP settings should be for people to play with the live ip and for me to get ingame on LAN.

Atm I've got all ip's set for live IP where needed and 127.0.0.1 everywhere else. Can't get ingame on lan atm due to my current router not supporting loopback, and hoping my new router will sort that. But basically checking I don't need to change IP Setup once I get the new router lol
Change the 127.0.0.1 IP address to your lan IP address of the machine and it will work. The 127.0.0.1 is the internal loopback and unless you have the connection file pointing to your server from another machine it won't work using external or loop IP, this has nothing to do with the NAT loopback on your router.

Try either changing the IP's from 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.xxx.xxx (or what ever your lan IP is) or your connection from your lan to server, just change the IP to the lan and this should work!

Upvote 0