Join Discord

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Iphone Application Question

Yo guys an gals, just a quick question for any boffins,

iv found an application that i want to download off itunes store but i have an unlocked iphone

i cant find the application on installous so im thinking that i will have to buy it and put it on itunes,

my question is, if i do this an then sync my iphone to itunes, will it knock off my unlocks/mess my phone up so il have to unlock it again or will it be alrite?

this is the app -->

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mw2-guide-call-duty-modern/id347841696

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Re: Iphone Application Question

Turn off syncing with iTunes tbh...

Just use it for music, not apps - App Store / Installous is all you need.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK

Turn off syncing with iTunes tbh...

Just use it for music, not apps - App Store / Installous is all you need.

didnt really help with my question tho did it lol..

*edit* doesnt matter anymore il jus use the slightly older version

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
why get a iphone with jailbreak on it? pointless tbh you wont beable toget updates.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
why get a iphone with jailbreak on it? pointless tbh you wont beable toget updates.

i didnt, by chance i happened to be in New York the week that iPhones came out so i thought id get 1 cos im a gadget noob but because of where its from it wouldnt read my sim so to use it i had to jailbreak it

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England

didnt really help with my question tho did it lol..

*edit* doesnt matter anymore il jus use the slightly older version

How didn't it?

Nothing will happen, but there's no point syncing with iTunes anyway, your apps that is.

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Does that app store software sync with mass storage devices?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

You can sync cracked applications with iTunes easily. I used to do it all the time (On a non jailbroken 3GS atm). Just install AppSync from Cydia.

And you should stay synced with iTunes. The backups have saved me so many times.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Oh yeah, I suppose backups if you're stupid enough to need them.

Then yeah sync away, iTunes is my nemisis and I avoid using it at all costs so...

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh yeah, I suppose backups if you're stupid enough to need them.

Then yeah sync away, iTunes is my nemisis and I avoid using it at all costs so...

Yeah it's stupid to need a backup when an iPhone breaks (Touchscreen failed) and stupid when upgrading to a new iPhone :P. Also stupid when jailbreaks fail and you are forced to restore. I've gone through a few iPhones :/

iTunes is fine when used purely for iPhone related things.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK

How didn't it?

Nothing will happen, but there's no point syncing with iTunes anyway, your apps that is.

because i was asking if it would knock off my unlocks/mess my phone up so il have to unlock it again or if my phone would be alrite, your reply was just, turn off syncing and only use itunes for music so it wasnt really a definitive answer to my question lol

anyways like i said i sorted it now, only thing i cant work out is after i download and install apps my batterylife seems to half
was lasting a couple of days about a week ago, now it lasts about half a day if im using something like ebuddy or any of the other apps or maybe its just me being stupid,..... probably the case :lol1:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Yeah it's stupid to need a backup when an iPhone breaks (Touchscreen failed) and stupid when upgrading to a new iPhone :P. Also stupid when jailbreaks fail and you are forced to restore. I've gone through a few iPhones :/

iTunes is fine when used purely for iPhone related things.

I've never used it, nearly had my iPhone jailbroken for a year now. (11 months)

But 'kay, i'm just going off personal experience, if you need it then yeah use iFail to sync.

I'm getting sick of Apple now anyway, if I can afford it i'm going to get a W7 Mobile phone, as they will own. iPad is fail, and no doubt the OS 4 will as well.