LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
Eskimo said:
Japan then.
spacer.gif

Actually according to the UN its Finland.

"The study measures technological development by means of the Technology Achievement Index (TAI). It depicts the ability of countries to create and use technologies in the network economy as well as know-how. In addition to Finland, the most technologically advanced countries were the U.S., Sweden, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, the U.K., Canada, Australia and Singapore. A total of 72 countries were included in the study. The report also listed 46 globally significant technology clusters, of which 13 were located in the U.S.. Finland's regional technology clusters are the Helsinki region and Oulu, in the province of East Bothnia. "

/Leo

MegaSticks

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2005
Well in five years is it? or twenty years, China will take over U.S with being the next 'super power' so i'd say they'll be as much feared as the U.S.
I mean they have the biggest population in the world, one of the biggest countries, it is communist, all share equally. So imo China will cause war with Japan, due to them not being PEACE related, same goes with Northern/South Korea.
I think China will get Japan back by attacking them, due to japan slautering many chinese over the past many years (100's of thousands) then japan will strike back, ending up in a massive nuclear chaotic scene. With allies then topping it with attacking the countries also... quarter o planet blown up....
I'm just worried say Iran/Aftgan got one, coz they'd use it and woudnt care.

They take life on purpose, that gay ALLAH god or something then blow people up. Imagine if they sent a nuke on a country? they'd become a f;in GOD themselves to the people. :fthrower:

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
In terms of technology, America still holds sway.

Take a look at the DARPA website, and you'll realise just how superior they are. Those lasers are now beyond proof-of-concept, and are actively being fitted to fighter jets. (F-15s, for those that way inclined.)

Hell, their next-generation soldier equipment is the pinnacle of their research. A digital soldier, fed up-to-the-second battle information through a heads up display, and smart armour that hardens where a bullet is going to hit.

China's economy might get to rival the US, but in terms of military experience and military technology, they'd still be heavily outclassed.

--

As for the picture, those ballons show the EFFECTIVE RANGE of the defense systems.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
MegaSticks said:
Well in five years is it? or twenty years, China will take over U.S with being the next 'super power' so i'd say they'll be as much feared as the U.S.
I mean they have the biggest population in the world, one of the biggest countries, it is communist, all share equally. So imo China will cause war with Japan, due to them not being PEACE related, same goes with Northern/South Korea.
I think China will get Japan back by attacking them, due to japan slautering many chinese over the past many years (100's of thousands) then japan will strike back, ending up in a massive nuclear chaotic scene. With allies then topping it with attacking the countries also... quarter o planet blown up....
I'm just worried say Iran/Aftgan got one, coz they'd use it and woudnt care.

They take life on purpose, that gay ALLAH god or something then blow people up. Imagine if they sent a nuke on a country? they'd become a f;in GOD themselves to the people. :fthrower:

There's no way China would attack the USA lol, 2 major problems for them, not in any order.

1) Economy. How do you think they are getting so big so fast? The US is a HUGE importer of their stuff. You don't kill the cashcow.

2) Military. Oh noes they stole my megahurts and overclocked our html! But really now, what the hell are they going to do? Absolutely nothing. Yes, they have a ****load more troops then we do, but that would work against them. Why? The US is kickass in modern nation warfare.

Two questions to ask.

1)how the hell would they get all those troops to the US mainland logistically with even a handicap: WITHOUT resistance
2)How would they survive the trip over here? We got enough subs, aircraft and ships to make it look like the hand of God jsut splashed the entire pacific ocean.

As is stands now if we went to war with China we would smash them, primarily because their military sucks. Their airforce is a joke.

http://www.rand.org/publications/RB/RB32.html

The bulk of China's air force fleet is obsolete. All but a handful of its 4,000 fighters, 400 ground-attack aircraft, and 120 bombers are based on 1950s and 1960s technology. The vast majority of these aircraft are well over a decade old, and many will reach the end of their service lives during the next 10 years and are slated to be retired with only limited numbers of replacement aircraft likely to enter the air force inventory.

The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) professes no coherent strategic doctrine, lacks funds for a comprehensive modernization program, flies outmoded equipment, has ill-trained pilots and ground personnel, possesses no midair refueling capabilities, and cannot rely on domestic Chinese manufacturers to develop and produce advanced airpower weapon systems, the study argues.

Air power is a must in a modern war, and their advanced jets are few in numbers.

When it comes down to it, China doesn't have anything even remotely close to huge amount of hardware they would need, not to mention even personel training performance.

They would get the **** beat out them.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
dont you just love all these LOMCn arguments about whos country has the biggest ****?
i mean whos army is bestest and biggest :P

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
urbanfox said:
There's no way China would attack the USA lol, 2 major problems for them, not in any order.

1) Economy. How do you think they are getting so big so fast? The US is a HUGE importer of their stuff. You don't kill the cashcow.

2) Military. Oh noes they stole my megahurts and overclocked our html! But really now, what the hell are they going to do? Absolutely nothing. Yes, they have a ****load more troops then we do, but that would work against them. Why? The US is kickass in modern nation warfare.

Two questions to ask.

1)how the hell would they get all those troops to the US mainland logistically with even a handicap: WITHOUT resistance
2)How would they survive the trip over here? We got enough subs, aircraft and ships to make it look like the hand of God jsut splashed the entire pacific ocean.

As is stands now if we went to war with China we would smash them, primarily because their military sucks. Their airforce is a joke.

http://www.rand.org/publications/RB/RB32.html

Air power is a must in a modern war, and their advanced jets are few in numbers.

When it comes down to it, China doesn't have anything even remotely close to huge amount of hardware they would need, not to mention even personel training performance.

They would get the **** beat out them.

i see the power in Irak and i saw it in Vietnam !!!

Mar 23, 2003
Ripman said:

Yep, within around 30 days the nation of Iraq had been defeated by a power located SEVERAL THOUSAND MILES AWAY.

That's testament to a nation's power if ever i saw it.

Edit: And if you want an example of a China vs USA situation, take a look at Russia vs Germany in World War 1. China, a nation with huge military potential, but not enough guns, and no tactics, versus America, a nation with a more limited military potential, but with developed tactics and sufficient weapons.

pompeii

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2004
Blaminator said:
the chinese jets in battlefield 2 own though
They do on most games. On CnC Generals all you need is 5 MiG's and the Black Napalm and your set.

p.s: Somebody buy me Battlefield 2 :(

MegaSticks

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2005
Perhaps Urban but if you thnk about it, when China does become loaded with cash, they'll most likely upgrade all there warfare etc....then it will be a decider :P

I know USA will always be the further advance, but if both nations went war, both could possibly get wiped out. Or cause maximum damage which would make katrinas hurricane look pittyful...

Mar 23, 2003
MegaSticks said:
Perhaps Urban but if you thnk about it, when China does become loaded with cash, they'll most likely upgrade all there warfare etc....then it will be a decider :P

I know USA will always be the further advance, but if both nations went war, both could possibly get wiped out. Or cause maximum damage which would make katrinas hurricane look pittyful...

While over the course of a decade china could upgrade their military technology, they would still be limited by what's internationally available. The USA is only limited by researchers who don't want their latest & greatest mass produced yet.

Also: Money doesn't buy tacticians. Tactics aren't money-orientated, they're experience based. And incase no one had noticed, the USA, as a nation, has COSIDERABLE war experience.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Ripman said:

Like Auron said Iraq has already been taken long ago and what you see today is an rebel insurgency, not an army. The difference between Iraq/Vietnam and China is that I/V fought with guerilla warfare. If they got an organized fighting unit together and claimed some area as their home they would be decimated within days. The enemy the coalition forces are fighting are not a visible fighting regiment.

Even if china WANTED to fight like that, they couldn't and would actually be considerably worse off.