is any one intersted in a north american server?

smoochy boys on tour

vegeta59

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 15, 2005
because there were no north american servers i decided to make my own.. ( huge thanks to {shadows} sweet guide :)... anyways i made my first server, still in its early stages , trying to add new mobs etc... anyways are any North americans intrested? :)

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Me and my brother (Urbanfox) are the only people on this forum that are from the United States. It's not like it really makes a big diffrence anyways, I hardly lag on Euro hosted servers, most of them are hosted on solid connections anyways. And if I do lag, it's mostly server side.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Well its not where the server is located its how good the server is :) better the server more the people will enjoy and play. make it a good server, ill play

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
BioHazard you should look into things first. I'm from newyork and i'm sure theres lots of other americans here.

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
my server is in canada.. and I can tell you now... few things you will notice...

it's probably about 70-150ms ping from europe. instead of 5-20ms
your computer clock should use GMT instead of EDT or whatever you are on. or else sabuk war will be late
in a few more months during hosting... you will end up waking up earlier than usual :P

AngelOfDeath

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
In Hell
i am from america, i can play servers in europe just fine, and i know of one server that is hosted in usa....

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
NickAKAVexus said:
BioHazard you should look into things first. I'm from newyork and i'm sure theres lots of other americans here.

1) You should look into spelling people's names right.
2) It doesn't matter where the hell the server is, as long as people like it and it does not lag. Other then that, who gives a ***....
3) I am assured that 80% of this forum is from the United Kingdom. 15% from other countries, and less then 5%, if that, from the United States, let alone North America.

Kaori said:
my server is in canada.. and I can tell you now... few things you will notice...

it's probably about 70-150ms ping from europe. instead of 5-20ms
your computer clock should use GMT instead of EDT or whatever you are on. or else sabuk war will be late
in a few more months during hosting... you will end up waking up earlier than usual :P

1) 99% of when I lag on private servers it is server side. So if you lag, that is your problem.

2) The time change is probably the most obvious diffrence, I hate SW wars that are 8 PM to UK users, and 12 PM to me. It really sucks.

Last edited:

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
Biohazard said:
1) You should look into spelling people's names right.

he spelt you name BioHazard, still correct, a capitial isnt Spelling it wrong

Biohazard said:
2) It doesn't matter where the hell the server is, as long as people like it and it does not lag. Other then that, who gives a ***....

He was just stating that you and urban arent the only people from the states, alot more people are,

Biohazard said:
3) I am assured that 80% of this forum is from the United Kingdom. 15% from other countries, and less then 5%, if that, from the United States, let alone North America.

yet again, there is alot of people from diffrent countires, that ghost the forums, and dont even log in, even with mir3 in the states getting a bit popular, people from there are finding lomcn. so shush,

Biohazard said:
1) 99% of when I lag on private servers it is server side. So if you lag, that is your problem.

she is stating the pings as it is true, as the time for the ping from canada to europe it will be a extra 70-150ms

Biohazard said:
2) The time change is probably the most obvious diffrence, I hate SW wars that are 8 PM to UK users, and 12 PM to me. It really sucks.

and didnt he say that he would make a server in the north america, i would presume then he would use its time zone, hence sabuk walls are on for you at 8, and on in europe between 3-5

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Toxick said:
he spelt you name BioHazard, still correct, a capitial isnt Spelling it wrong

Yes, well I count it as a spelling error because I am not "BioHazard", I'm Biohazard. The "h" doesn't deserve to be capitilized like the "B".

Toxick said:
He was just stating that you and urban arent the only people from the states, alot more people are,

I'm sure there is. Please give me a list of active users list.

Toxick said:
yet again, there is alot of people from diffrent countires, that ghost the forums, and dont even log in, even with mir3 in the states getting a bit popular, people from there are finding lomcn. so shush,

Considering you have to log-in to even see the forums......yeah.....

Toxick said:
she is stating the pings as it is true, as the time for the ping from canada to europe it will be a extra 70-150ms

Yeah, it would. It would also depend on your internet connection. I live in California which is 6,000 miles from London, England. And I get a 7-11 hop depending on peek hours.

Toxick said:
and didnt he say that he would make a server in the north america, i would presume then he would use its time zone, hence sabuk walls are on for you at 8, and on in europe between 3-5

You do know there are diffrent time zones in the USA right? Even if it was hosted in my timezone, the war would start at 8:00 PM for me, and it would start at 4:00 AM for the users in the United Kingdom. I don't know where the hell you got 3-5 unless you ment AM. Which I doubt you did.

Propaganda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 29, 2004
Hey hey now kids don't start fussing over miniscule little things like that. As for US users, well I count as half and half since I used to live in the uk (and was while I was playing Mir2) but really I don't count because I haven't played a mir server in so long I can't remember.

But aside from the point we are all users on this forum and it really doesn't matter where your from we all share the same interest.

Peace
PapaRoach

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Propaganda said:
Hey hey now kids don't start fussing over miniscule little things like that. As for US users, well I count as half and half since I used to live in the uk (and was while I was playing Mir2) but really I don't count because I haven't played a mir server in so long I can't remember.

But aside from the point we are all users on this forum and it really doesn't matter where your from we all share the same interest.

Peace
PapaRoach
Hi PapaRoach, haven't seen you in a while :eek:

Nice post, but it's been said time and time again :agree: