[Holley] Item drops ??

future123

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2012
Hi, Is it possible to make a certain item not drop from a players bag? Cant seem to suss it out ..

Thanks in advance ..

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
You would need to create a global script, that would stop the item from dropping but it would effect all players.

Have a look at the Item protection script ;-)

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
What you think the Item Protection script is, this stops you from dropping of body when PK'd.

You can either create a script, that sets certain items in bag from dropping. But this would have to be done as a global script, I can't remember the variables for it as it's been a very long time since I scripted properly. The other way around is from an NPC, where the player can choose what Item doesn't drop.

Upvote 0

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
It's all to do with SQL scripting, when an item is placed in the bag it has a number that is referenced in SQL. The same number that is used to remember a players items when they log, the bag also in each slot is referenced in the same way the Item protection script references to the slot the item is in. But it doesn't just stop with SQL scripting, as your also going to need to use Variable scripting as well as standard scripting. As you will need the server to check the item is in the bag and so not dropping it.

I did work on a script a long time ago, that worked in principle of not dropping integral from the bag when PK'd or dying. But it was a long way off from working, as only got the PK'ing bit working. But if I find it, I will release it.

Upvote 0