Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/modder_tom/astrareflect.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/modder_tom/astrasde.jpg
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w132/modder_tom/astrasde2.jpg

Alloys have recently undertook a refirb.

Buying an astra sri-t on a 53 plate one of the very last ones to be made, they are limited to 500 in the world.

off topic, lloyds bank messed up one of my direct debit payments so i went in and complained, week later they sent me a box of thorntons chocolates well if i mess up a payment screw the £50 charge im gonna take in a mars bar. idiots
:<

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
lol @ box of thorntons :D nice car u sold tho :p

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
i would have payed that if i knew been looking for a good astra.
got offered a 1.8 ls completly new engine thou body kits the lot for 1,900 insurence woulda been high for me

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Just put 6months tax, should of seen the engine bay it was immaculate. Shame, but the guy who bought it was an enthusiast he'd been looking for an astra for the past 6months, now im glad someone bought it who will treat all my hard work with some respect :)

mapadale

It looks really nice, shame you got rid as the SRI is a nice model.

I currently have the 1.7Dti which is currently in the garage having pistons replaced and having full remap done.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Yeh... i do regret it, big time. But i need something quicker it was to slow for me was sick of chavvs over taking me in their saxo vts's lol, got an sri-t lined up so hopefully they will read the turbo badge on the back and not bother. Got quite a few stone chips on the side of my car from people over taking :S

mapadale

Yeh... i do regret it, big time. But i need something quicker it was to slow for me was sick of chavvs over taking me in their saxo vts's lol, got an sri-t lined up so hopefully they will read the turbo badge on the back and not bother. Got quite a few stone chips on the side of my car from people over taking :S

How can you be out run by a Saxo VTS, when it's only 120bhp. Were as the SRI is 135bhp and has a higher torque than the Saxo VTS and so should shift power a lot faster.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
How can you be out run by a Saxo VTS, when it's only 120bhp. Were as the SRI is 135bhp and has a higher torque than the Saxo VTS and so should shift power a lot faster.

I'll explain this just for you, the saxo is 120bhp but the sri is infact 127bhp. Astra weights more than the vts and theres about 5 of them in my area, all modded to the extreme pushing 150bhp on average, with one equipped with a turbo. The astra had no engine modifications, only thing performance wise was a powerflow exhaust system which restricted air flow and made the car slightly slower than an average 1.8sri. But it sounded awesome! I dont drive fast.

mapadale

I'll explain this just for you, the saxo is 120bhp but the sri is infact 127bhp. Astra weights more than the vts and theres about 5 of them in my area, all modded to the extreme pushing 150bhp on average, with one equipped with a turbo. The astra had no engine modifications, only thing performance wise was a powerflow exhaust system which restricted air flow and made the car slightly slower than an average 1.8sri. But it sounded awesome! I dont drive fast.

Actually we are both wrong, the Astra on SRi is 123bhp as standard and has a top speed of 127mph, though the Saxo VTS is 120bhp and has a top speed of 127mph. The weight difference between them both isn't much, about 100 kilo. But the SRi still has a higher end torque over the Saxo.

I love how the Saxo is Group 27 and yet the SRi is only Group 19 on insurance, go to love the boy racers who hike up their insurance group.

I wouldn't got for the SRI-T though, I would go for the GSI-T as it has a higher BHP than the SRI-T. Though no difference on the Torque so both are evenly matched when it comes to power/weight ratio.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Sri-T is limited edition, with being 10bhp difference between the sri-t and the gsi. I'll let you into a little secret, im getting an my sri-t 59k miles, full history, lots of recepts, £2,650.

Has the following mods:
New cars specs:
vxr turbo done by turbo technics - uprated seals and bearings
vxr injectors
vxr airflow meter
regal inlet cam
regal phase 3.5 remap giving approx 300bhp
miltek cat back exhaust
precat replacement pipe
pace intercooler
helix autosport uprated clutch
fidenzia lightened flywheel
coilovers -adjustable
blitz turbo timer
clifford concept 650 with proximity sensor and total closure
63mm pipe work and throttle inlet.
18in irmscher signa alloys
red/white lexmaul replica lights
upgraded brakes all round
left hand drive angel eyes
right hand drive standard lights with HID's (in the UK)
Collins Dump valve (not to loud)
Standard 16in Coupe Alloys will be with the car as well.
Lots of paper work and recipts

59000 miles.

ALWAYS warmed up and cooled down with the turbo timer.

It;s running at just under 300bhp.

mapadale

Damn that is some sexy specs on the SRi-T.

On the DTi which I have, it's standard 73bhp. We've currently got this at 110bhp and at the moment it's having the piston ports polished and expanded by 10mil, also new pistons are going in. Turbo is being replaced, which we are looking at a bhp of around 135bhp once it's done, it's costing a fortune to be done, but it's what I want from it.

We eventually want to hit 150bhp once we are done with the mods, but not looking at the rest until summer.

Group 27 for a Saxo vts? Wow.

I was shocked when I read it, though the SRi-T is Group 31

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
Prefer the one you just sold mate. The red and black mixed very well. Didn't know there was people who modded their cars on here.

Am gunna be selling my 56 plate fiesta soon. Need something more my age. Finance + ins at age 18 is a killer.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
tommy: Yeah i prefer the look of my old astra too, all my mates said im stupid for getting rid of it. But like i said i want some power lol.

map: ill have a spare turbo on the weekend i think its a vxr turbo but it will need a recon if your intrested. also got a few astra g parts lying round the garage ill have to dig them out and see what i got. edit: If its not a vxr turbo it will be from a z20let engine.

Also just got my traders insurance going halves with a friend so im currently paying 400pound a year.almost jizzed.

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
You work with cars kadama?

At end of day anyone can get a fast car, it's call about how you race your car. I've ****ted a few vtr's couldnt do a vts at the moment. Power aint everything, it is something but it's the driver mainly.

My fiesta is only a 1.25 remember.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Fessies can look nice when modded and lowered. Have a look into it rather than a new car on finance.