Kaori Autopatcher

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
I know that the "Kaori Autopatcher" is working on Camalot server, does anyone know if he has released the programe and details please ?

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
She has not - Camelot was a special case and if you read there forums you would see all thanks was given to Kaori for re-doing her work for Camelot. No Source code was passed across at any point and the patcher will only work on the site given in the code, though problem been the host is Crap and has a 2 gig day allownce which means it runs out pretty fast.

What is needed then - is somebody writing a program in VB that uses ZIP, RAR or GZ as a compression (as Kaori program uses a special format which is no use without the AutoPatrcher) which goes to a web site, a few even that grab the files. FTP is no use as most people dont have a online FTP Server to allow the standard inbuilt one to work but its failry easy to buy loads of space and Bandwidth per month for cheap prices.

If the program used a Ini File for the web sites, then it would be easy to allow as many web sites as required to look for updates so that even if one host runs out of Bandwidth, then it can jump to the next one --or-- alternate on a few to spread out the bandwidth so to speak....

ANy Programmers out there??

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
pm me your msn if you really need one... I'll work from there...

It really depends what your implementations... I can make it connect a few mirror sites etc... to split your bw usage. anyway pm me if you want one.

Upvote 0

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Kaori said:
pm me your msn if you really need one... I'll work from there...

It really depends what your implementations... I can make it connect a few mirror sites etc... to split your bw usage. anyway pm me if you want one.

I have pm`ed you my MSN.

I hope to use the patcher with EI
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Mick

Last edited:
Upvote 0