kingsoft1.1.exe a virus

smoochy boys on tour

Nightwolf

Developer
VIP
Jul 16, 2003
Manchester, UK
Xander said:
mine did the same i had AVG 7 Free Edition and i thought it was a good anti virus program but half the time there was no virus's it was just apps trying to access things so i un installed AVG re started comp and ran kingsoft and worked fine ill upload my kingsoft for u when im at home see if it makes any diff i use 1.1c
you take a long time to get home o.O

Upvote 0

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
sorry night i went out last night got in pretty late had some problems at home i hope i can get off early tonight i should say i will be in latest 5:30 check here for a link

Upvote 0

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
hmm firewall? or virus software disabled?
what firewall if u using one do u use?
try different DLL?
try different KingFor.exe?

Upvote 0

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
hhmmm once i get home again i will upload me DLL's for the server might help might not im doing everything i can think of will get it sorted and i want to put this in "Errors You May Occur" guide im doing so it has to be fixed.

once again can i get the OS your running and any service packs?
i use XP Pro SP 2
cant be specs as you have run servers before

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
As something to play with I grabbed a fresh machine - This had Windows XP SP2 On, Trust AntiVirus with machine fully updated. In copied across the King Server 1.1 10 user limit - thats the one on My link...

I went through and Set up the server as you would, such as ODBC, !Setup.txt and so forth. I never installed SQL Server, I re-used my exsiting SQL Server on another machine. The Server as per plan started up fine. As I mentioned if you shove on the 70 Player Fix (as they called it) the Server wont start up at all. I then Shoved across the Unlimited Hack as posted by NMA - again the server booted up etc.. Lastly I tried the Cruel Dragon thing and this also booted...

My Only advice I can give to you is you MUST have the wrong set of files there, one wrong DLL or not set up right and the server wont run at all - this was proven by the 70 player fix (first one I posted) where it just flashed up and went away..Best Idea - start again from scratch...

Upvote 0