YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
Whos there?

Delivery for...

Delivery for who?

If you had let me finish i would of told you its a delivery for you, i have come to deliever your PSP

Ahh cheers buddy.

B0002S9JAM.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Just a note If you want to be able to play downloadable games and emulators dont update the firmware..

And i wouldnt call it a one month fad Opeth There are some really good games for it and quite a few more coming + All the snes gbc megadrive games I could ever want

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
just got mine, just posted on the other computer games section using it ^_____^
updated the firmware to, 2.00 but me o well, im still v. impressed

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
its juist that there are hundreds of better games for PC and other consoles, i dont see the appeal of using a hand held while theres a PC within arms reach. And i cant imagine taking the psp outside because its just not really practical, apart from VERY long journeys i dont see how it could possibly be useful, it would just get stolen if you were on the street with it..

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Opeth said:
its juist that there are hundreds of better games for PC and other consoles, i dont see the appeal of using a hand held while theres a PC within arms reach. And i cant imagine taking the psp outside because its just not really practical, apart from VERY long journeys i dont see how it could possibly be useful, it would just get stolen if you were on the street with it..

... lol thats a bit silly dont you think? You cant carry a PC around with you You cant play a PC wherever you want

I take it your not a handheld fan.. In which case your not gonna be swayed
But for the record most psp games will never be on the PC or indeed other consoles so...

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
MiloFoxburr said:
... lol thats a bit silly dont you think? You cant carry a PC around with you You cant play a PC wherever you want

I take it your not a handheld fan.. In which case your not gonna be swayed
But for the record most psp games will never be on the PC or indeed other consoles so...

but i mean unless youre doing a very long journey on your own i dont see the appeal of wanting to play games anywhere you please

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Opeth said:
but i mean unless youre doing a very long journey on your own i dont see the appeal of wanting to play games anywhere you please

lol Theres a hell of alot of people who will disagree with you Considering the GBA sold what over 80 million systems

And for the record I play the psp at home mostly and havnt touched my consoles in about 6 months or played a non-online on my pc since around then as well

Opeth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
UK
I havnt played games at all really for the past year, it just gets a bit fanatical when people buy handhelds for the soul purpose of playing at the local park or something

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Opeth said:
I havnt played games at all really for the past year, it just gets a bit fanatical when people buy handhelds for the soul purpose of playing at the local park or something

lol People buy handhelds to play games It just has the added benefit of being able to play em anywhere

MegaSticks

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2005
I aggree with Opeth, they are really only beneficial for long journeys, otherwise pointless. I woudnt go out buying one for certain reasons:

1) Cost
2) Got Pc
3) Ps2

If i wanted to play a game i'd use these... pay £40 max for a decent game.

Gameboys/PsP's are poo, they hurt your neck bad style if spend too long, same with game boy. These are reasons why i cba getting um anymore.
Also i find its great for kiddies, but for adults, rediculous i mean i couldnt imagine a 25+ year old playing them, otherwise there sad. Pc's/Ps2 i can due to them being a fun thing for when mates come around or downloading music or whatever.....
But PsP imo are pointless and crap, nevermind if there graphics are good because i'd still use pc/ps2.
Also people work which is also pointless to use, i mean your not going take it work and play on it....

my imo anyways, only good reason is for along journey but id rarther keep money than use it on a pointless item which is a months time max just be thrown away...

YoYoYo

Milo's Sex Slave
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
My house
@Milo: Is downloadable games the only thing which you loose if you update to Firmware 2.0?

@Person above me: Lol, i would love to see you on the train or bus with your PS2 with a protable screen. Even if you have a slimline PS2 you cant carrying it around like a PSP.

£180. Thats cheap compared to what your getting.

I think you have missed the point of PSP,
PlayStation PORTABLE.

I dont think i would pick my PC up everyday and take it on the bus on my way to college, firstly theres the weight, then you got the slight problem of where do you plug the power cable?

Months fad? PSP is larger than DS is capability, for starters is had built in MP4 player (get DVD converter and you can watch whatever DVD you want). Rent or Buy UMD movies (big selection already), play great games from launch day (wipeout, ridge racer, GTA, Colin McRae, and much more...). You have a music play Built In. A webbroswer. As milo mentioned, ability to use emulators if you dont upgrade firmware.

There is so much to it for a portable.

My DVD has finished converting so going to go sit outside to watch it on lovely summers day when you have to sit inside without your "1 months fad" psp. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
I'll probably end up getting the PSP eventually but only because I'm a gamer and that's what I do... play games. I don't see the point in getting one so that I can "play games anywhere!". If I'm anywhere but home I'm there because I want to do something else other than play games.

Personally I find handhelds to be rather antisocial.

Grim

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2004
That's the spirit :thumbup:

Atom: PM sent

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
YoYoYo said:
@Milo: Is downloadable games the only thing which you loose if you update to Firmware 2.0?

Nope you lose the ability to emulate other systems Downloadable applications that people have made (pspupdates.com have aload for examples) And the future ability to have divx and xvid and other such codecs work right off on the psp Without the need for conversion