Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
Recently bought a Sony vaio Model FW378DH

running on a vista home premium

got dedicated 3650 ati video card
4gb ram
250 hd
around 2.5 dual cpu

when i play mir , its slow.... any suggestion??

i tried using the search didnt find any useful info.

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
get a crapper lap top lol mir dont like duo cores and some off the new gfx cards i get same problem with my 9800 gt bfg thats been OC

but runs fine on my old gfx card 6500 gt lol

Upvote 0

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
..... so theres absolutely no way to fix the problem beside using a crapper laptop...? i also have a toshiba r500 ... not so good on that too...

Upvote 0

ZoniStrife

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 30, 2009
nopes seems the new gfx cards and duo core's dont like mir very much :(

u could try install older drivers for thr gfx card tho thats helped a little bit with me

Upvote 0

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
try turning UAC off, i was told this can help on Vista with gaming.

click start type in msconfig, click the tab next to startup on the right of it, then look for "turn off UAC" do that restart and try again.

i play mir 3 fine on my laptop dual core (not a brill graphics card tho) but im also running XP not vista.

Upvote 0

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
ye turning uac off help a lil i also turned off things like bright shadow an stuff on mir runs a lil better..

Upvote 0

xcoolaidx

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2009
azura was kind enough to help me with this problem last week, it was alot better after he did, he turned down settings on my laptop to windows 7 basic, then updated my video card, after that it seemed to be alot better

Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Custom build you a Laptop or Desktop. Most of the system's built today do not like mir at all. Plus the Manufacturer cuts back in some way. Get a SingleCoreProcessor and Run o/s XP is my advice. Or you can look at Newegg.com or Ebay.com and pick up some great parts from newegg. Overstock.com has rebuilt systems with single processors that are pretty cheap.

Upvote 0

zales

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 25, 2010
log in to mir then tab out. go to task manager find mir exe right click it then to set affinity set to 1 processors. might help deffo upgrade graphic driver to latest ati. if all 3 of your puters lag might need router reset perhaps or you got crappy internet. hard to tell tbh. ive got a newish graphic card ati im getting 40-70fps similar specs.

Upvote 0

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
i set it to one cpu but still the same .. and ican tell its not internet ... my net is fast. im still gettin the same fps.. is any any lower driver for 3650?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
5.55 mbps .. n plus im not using my home connection... whrn i use my home connection.. my desktop seems ok getting 30 and up fps.. but with laptop.... it jsust slow for some reason.

Upvote 0

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
My laptop is fairly good. Runs mir fine. :)

Don't know your problem... I play with firewall etc off to stop my .exe being deleted.. dunno if that changes anything.

Upvote 0