Laptop brands

smoochy boys on tour

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
well its come down to a gateway and a asus laptop that i have seen but i would like to know what u guys would say is the best brand of the 2 and what u what u would class as a good brand to buy thanks ^_^

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
::1
I don't know why anyone would buy a laptop based soley on brand. If that were the case, everyone would be walking around with iBook/Powerbooks.

Buy your laptop based on what you need.
/Leo

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
I don't know why anyone would buy a laptop based soley on brand. If that were the case, everyone would be walking around with iBook/Powerbooks.

Buy your laptop based on what you need.
/Leo

Perfect responce thankyou, this was just trying show some one that the brand has no affect because i bought a dual core p m core for cheaper than his "celeron M" and mine has a 17" HD screen. he tryed to say that his was still worth it becaue its asus

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Perfect responce thankyou, this was just trying show some one that the brand has no affect because i bought a dual core p m core for cheaper than his "celeron M" and mine has a 17" HD screen. he tryed to say that his was still worth it becaue its asus
Brand does make a difference...

Fujitsu siemens series vs IBM anyone?

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
...but IBM don't make laptops :P

----

Brands really don't matter unless it comes to price. Reputation matters, and this is sometimes associated with a brand. More often than not however, a 'brand' is just a leverage factor when it comes to price setting.

You could argue that X brand is 'better' because it cost more. Although that wouldn't mean the laptops spec was any better ;).

/Leo

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
The reputation is always binded to the brand - hence why i said brand does matter.

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Ragnar was pummelled by a Leofact. Meoar!

:P You deserved it for arguing with me.
/Leo

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
My statement was actually correct if you want to start picking on details!

Fujitsu siemens can still be compared with IBM because even if the laptops NOW come under the Lenovo brand there are still IBM laptops around :).

LeoCrasher

Former Administrator
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
If your statement is to be viewed as time specific, then it has no relevance to what I said ;). I never qualified MY statement as in the past, but rather, presently.

/Leo

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
If your statement is to be viewed as time specific, then it has no relevance to what I said ;). I never qualified MY statement as in the past, but rather, presently.

/Leo
In that case, your post didn't have any relevance to mine in the first place :D.

Actually, nevermind. I've confused myself now.

Damn English for mother toungue people!

Last edited: