Laptop broke

smoochy boys on tour

kirsty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
In your dreams :P
Right here goes,

Basically i went to turn my laptop on one night and it said NTLDR is missing press ATL+CTRL+DEL to reboot. It wont go past that screen. It is Windows 7.

A friend of mind told me to put my windows disk in and press repair, now me being blonde i ended up formatting it :#

Now when windows tries to install, it just errors saying can't find file. I tried my old windows xp disk and that wont install, says errors can't find files mid install.

A friend lent me his windows 7 disk and it wont install either, just says can't find files mid install.

Can anyone help? :#

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
Right here goes,

Basically i went to turn my laptop on one night and it said NTLDR is missing press ATL+CTRL+DEL to reboot. It wont go past that screen. It is Windows 7.

A friend of mind told me to put my windows disk in and press repair, now me being blonde i ended up formatting it :#

Now when windows tries to install, it just errors saying can't find file. I tried my old windows xp disk and that wont install, says errors can't find files mid install.

A friend lent me his windows 7 disk and it wont install either, just says can't find files mid install.

Can anyone help? :#

Im sure it does have usb boot, so dl any original iso from Micro$oft (they're available, you need to search them)
make your pendrive with atleast 4gb bootable and mount iso with Rufus in the usbstick, change in bios priority to boot from usb and let it install :) hope that works for u! gL

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Sounds like the HDD may be corrupted in all honesty. If you've tried two installs both fail with cannot find file halfway though its likely those files are being copied to your hard drive and then are being corrupted due to a faulty drive.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Another reason to hate laptops!

You can pick up an external DVD drive for £20 or so if the USB doesn't work.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Where do you get the error, is it during expanding files?

Do you have more than one memory stick? I had to remove 1 to install windows 7 during the beta.

It's a pretty horrible thing to try solve, sometimes just trying over and over can work.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Is there a primary partition with windows installed ?
Many laptops nowadays have the OS set in a separate partition.

If its less than 2 years old it could still be under warranty so you could call the manufacturers and they might talk you through what to do or eve have it returned.

kirsty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Its a good few years old, its an Acer aspire 5100. Don't know anything about portions :(
The errors come when its expanding files, says cant find x or y. On the windows xp disk it installed then rebooted then on the second install phase where you set date and time it kept saying file not found for everything.

kirsty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Trying now :)

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:19 AM ----------

YAY!!!

Worked :)

Fankoooo so much all xxxx