Status
Not open for further replies.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I can't believe we managed to push away one of the most active coders we had in this community in the last years.

This is beyond me.

What a shame.

We've not pushed anybody away.. Jamie is to be quite frank being a little bitch. He has made a mountain of money from his servers, enough to fund his lifestyle which has allowed him to travel abroad. One rather bad trade and he's up in arms that LOMCN isn't banning him? End of day would you just up and quit as a business owner if one client refused to pay? No you go court and settle it (PayPal in this instance), carry on and ignore them. You don't then go to the community watch group and get a petitioned to get him removed from the neighbourhood!

Admins stopped their involvement, its his personal grievance with Hells that has caused this not LOMCN's.

XloverBoy7X

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Dundee
There are only two rules of life.

1. You can not trust anybody, not even own family.
  2. Everybody will disappoint you in the end.
Once you accept this nothing can hurt you.

This forum is an open community, you can not just ban everybody,
even many deserve it so bad. Never treat people words serious,
most is just jealous mofos trying to hurt people for their own life failures.
Many try to discredit others as they are very bad GMs snd afraid of competition.

Jamie focus on positive factors:
1. You have the best reach to players here,
this forum brought you most users after all and £££.
  1. You have many supporters here.
  2. Hells paid you enough enjoy it.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
All throw shits about money.
Do you guys know how its to create files?

• How many nights spent by coding and not sleeping do you guys spent on a project such as a mir server?
  • How many things you missed in your life because you had a dream by making a server?
  • Think about how hard its to fix a ******* bug that may crash your client every 30 minutes

After all those shitty situations a coder is being up to.. you guys say "hAhA bUt YoU MaKe MoNeY"

No **** Sherlock, but you been there when the coder spent his time doing this so you can come and throw ****?

This doesn't apply only to Jamie, even me and my team sacrificed hours on old ZenX engine to make that thing atleast working.

Yes Jamie is angry because Hells is using his files, all you guys would be probably angry to see your "pride and joy" being used or stained by some strange guy who tried to scam you in the past.

We all have feelings, even Jamie has feelings (even if he was sucking at being rational with players problems).

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Just give Hells the "untrusted member" rank, it might not be what everyone wants or accepts, but the Admins can't get involved.
Keep the 'rules' in line as people who have done a lot less got this title, at least then people who don't know about this drama but see Hells post/server, know to be skeptical/cautious about him, over the good 'uns'

EDIT:
Also Thank you Jamie for all your contributions to this community.

Reactions: zedina

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
We've not pushed anybody away.. Jamie is to be quite frank being a little bitch. He has made a mountain of money from his servers, enough to fund his lifestyle which has allowed him to travel abroad. One rather bad trade and he's up in arms that LOMCN isn't banning him? End of day would you just up and quit as a business owner if one client refused to pay? No you go court and settle it (PayPal in this instance), carry on and ignore them. You don't then go to the community watch group and get a petitioned to get him removed from the neighbourhood!

Admins stopped their involvement, its his personal grievance with Hells that has caused this not LOMCN's.

It seems all the topic has really nothing to do with money at all. Jamie is quitting because the community cannot understand where the boundary between right/wrong is anymore. It is more a matter of principles than other things to me.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
It seems all the topic has really nothing to do with money at all. Jamie is quitting because the community cannot understand where the boundary between right/wrong is anymore. It is more a matter of principles than other things to me.
The community don't know the boundaries because we are already a small fractured community. The dilema is that if you ban one set of people then you lose half of the community. The Valk situation has proven that recently.
Ironically this situation will fracture the community even more as Jamie has a reputation that people respect.

It is a very tricky scenario. Whichever action the LOMCN staff take they will always lose.

Reactions: Xythas and Tai

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

Pipe down and get out of jamies crack, now that hes released zircon files you love him. Only a few months ago you would be cheering 😂 I don't think anybody is disputing the time effort dedicated to these sources, and the community... but being part of his Community Jamie should know Admins don't get involved in these issues, and im sure I've seen you accuse him of having admins in his pocket.. banning hells would just of fueled these rumours.

Does it though? If The money wasn't involved Jamie wouldn't be feeling the way he does?? Lets take step back.. Read Jamie's post its pretty clear, he has left because Hells has come back and LOMCN didn't ban him. The reason he's upset with Hells is because of the money and stress that it caused.

Money. Money. Money.

Reactions: Skibadee

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Pipe down and get out of jamies crack, now that hes released zircon files you love him. Only a few months ago you would be cheering 😂 I don't think anybody is disputing the time effort dedicated to these sources, and the community... but being part of his Community Jamie should know Admins don't get involved in these issues, and im sure I've seen you accuse him of having admins in his pocket.. banning hells would just of fueled these rumours.

Does it though? If The money wasn't involved Jamie wouldn't be feeling the way he does?? Lets take step back.. Read Jamie's post its pretty clear, he has left because Hells has come back and LOMCN didn't ban him. The reason he's upset with Hells is because of the money and stress that it caused.

Money. Money. Money.

Ive seen you cheering him long time ago, what happen ?

I dislike/d him by the manner of managing servers, but as a coder i admited he is good.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda

• How many nights spent by coding and not sleeping do you guys spent on a project such as a mir server?
  • How many things you missed in your life because you had a dream by making a server?
  • Think about how hard its to fix a ******* bug that may crash your client every 30 minutes
After all those shitty situations a coder is being up to.. you guys say "hAhA bUt YoU MaKe MoNeY"

No ** Sherlock, but you been there when the coder spent his time doing this so you can come and throw **?

This doesn't apply only to Jamie, even me and my team sacrificed hours on old ZenX engine to make that thing atleast working.

Yes Jamie is angry because Hells is using his files, all you guys would be probably angry to see your "pride and joy" being used or stained by some strange guy who tried to scam you in the past.

We all have feelings, even Jamie has feelings (even if he was sucking at being rational with players problems).

Makes me laugh also when ppl say “yeah but they creamed like 100k off that server” like you say the amount of hours and work that goes into it.

The up at all stupid hours to sort stuff. (I wouldn’t get up at 3am to the cries of my customers in my line of work for any mount of money)

When I go home after my days work it’s family time not work time, I bet GMs feel like slaves sometimes.

I know a lot of ppl work a lot for 75k p/y and we are not well off at all it all goes on bills and upkeep so 100k “creamed” ain’t as much as it sounds when split also. Especially for the 24/7 job being a GM is.

Hats off to GMs to what they do imo and the hours they heel to our needs lol.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
I normally try to avoid LOMCN drama, but feel I should say something as Jamie is a friend, and I see my name keep popping up. Going to give opinions from both sides none of which are meant as attacks so please don't take offence.

What Hells did was a dick move, Jamie knows that, we know that, even Hells knows that. But as others have pointed out it was a Zircon dispute, one that should have been kept between him and Jamie, I think it was unfair to put Tai in the position where any decision he made was going to split the community in 2, even if Jamie didnt intend to do it directly, and much respect to Tai for sticking to his guns and keeping the neutral position.

On the other side, Jamies contributions to this community far outweight anybody elses, he is without doubt a much more valuable member of the community and if I was in his shoes I would also never forgive Hells for what he did.

I also believe no person here can lay claim to a difference between right and wrong, remember Jamie has before now openly admitted to developing and using Bots and/or cheats for popular servers, even some of LOMCNs current most active and (popular?) names have tried to pull the PayPal stunt on Chronicles. Whatever the difference in scale, there is no perfect member of the community.

@Jamie I hope you can get past this and decide to come back, there is alot more I could add to this but having spoken to you privately I hope you know how I feel about everything.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Hells is the type of guy that'd take a bite out your sandwhich and says "Oh sorry, if you don't want me to eat your sandwhich then just say and i'll stop" ,then ...when you say "stop" , he goes and ****s your donuts.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Hells is the type of guy that'd take a bite out your sandwhich and says "Oh sorry, if you don't want me to eat your sandwhich then just say and i'll stop" ,then ...when you say "stop" , he goes and ****s your donuts.

Ham or chicken breast?

Onion too?

• Dislike
Reactions: Breezer

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Tbf… who wouldn't try steal a donut :p

lol, good point.

Regardless, Hells gave his word and said he would respect Jamies decision, which he obviously wasn't going to stick to....Proof that he is willing to say anything to anyone just to please them (which is what he is doing currently, acting all innocent).

Ham or chicken breast?

Onion too?

******* onion? time to put you back in your cage.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
lol, good point.

1 . Regardless, Hells gave his word and said he would respect Jamies decision, which he obviously wasn't going to stick to....Proof that he is willing to say anything to anyone just to please them (which is what he is doing currently, acting all innocent).

2. ******* onion? time to put you back in your cage.

1. He said that to throw shade to jamie and for players to think that jamie is the evil one.
  2. I do like spicy food.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Personally you should not spite others and your self over something that was done between you and hells. its childish am sorry it is. there has been numerous of times Ben or other server's had charge backs why isit up to others to deal with what you profited off.
Im sorry this attitude about leaving cause one player out of 500+ community is dam right childish nothing more. i think you need to reflect on your own actions at times as your not the best at exactly talking or dealing with people are you?
all thats been said hells is in the wrong granted but what do you want from the guy? He doesn't owe you anything nobody is saying what he done is fine. your just throwing your dummy out because you want to see him punished further. all part of the process being a adult. you made money the paypal was sorted. what else do you want him publicly hanged? shamed?
i dont get it. you dont have to speak or deal with him. think you need to clear your head and actually think about why others should deal with something between 2 people who both contribute. regardless in what way.
making a community even smaller and smaller due to your own thought process of not getting on with some one over the internet is mind blowing. thats my 2p . will b a great loss to see you go as your a good coder but this isnt the right way to deal with it. on that note ive donated on your server and would not ever try to charge back nor on any other servers but thats just me. well unless went off within a week and shutdown.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Exsodius

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
Goodbye and good luck Jamie, don't really know you/never played your servers but obviously a very big part of keeping this old game we love going, in some form or another so thank you for that.

Irrespective of right or wrong on Hells part, releasing the server files publicly was your choice, you can't then dictate who uses or doesn't, or expect people to abide by your wishes. You should've kept them private, release to who you want, the mir community can develop their own should they really want to.

Completely understand you feeling wronged by Hells, rightly so but you don't help yourself with some of your posts I've seen, coming across abit of a melt, seeking attention, just say g'bye you need a break. Nothing LOMCN can really do bar not allow hells to advertise on here but as mentioned before, they dont get involved in payment issues - however I think for the good of the community they ought to do a poll of the people (brexit style) to remove him and his server advertising. (Im all for 2nd chances and stuff but personally, reading his replies on this and your zircon file release posts, between the lines he shows no more remorse than shamima begum fgs, and that sort of poison should be kept away from the community).

People need to remember, the mir community is a dark, twisted place with lots of different people mostly good but alot of bad eggs sadly but that comes with the internet and it's keyboard warriors etc etc...

How anyone can support Hells' server, knowing who/what he has attempted is beyond me, but each to their own, i mean it looks crap and a quick cash grab in my opinion but i hate cheap looking HR's anyway.

Do love reading a good mir drama though, gives me a chuckle seeing just how heavily invested players get still. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.