Legacy Server 1.9

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
:agree: Legacy Server 1.9 :agree:

This server has been created a while ago (maybe 2.5 years it started) by me and a few mates and has been played over a university's network for about a year now (where I study computer programming). Anyhow we can't be bothered with it any more as I am now off the network and onto the full internet.

This means I will be doing one of 3 things with these files:
1) If I find time I will be hosting 24/7 on 8mb line
2) I will give the server files to somebody to take over
3) I will completely release files so that servers have a much better starting point than the crap thats produced today.

I would quite like your comments on what you think is the best option, and whether I should release files or not.
Anyhow, this is what the server contains:

Levels 1 - 150 (0-100 not too hard, 100+ gets tricky :) )
Rebirth at level 150 and allows players to hunt 5 new areas
Money is easy to find but hard to save, all teleports cost money
Main items sets every 15 levels (items come at different levels e.g ring = lvl 33, brace = lvl 35, neck = lvl 37
Stats are medium - high (to give idea lvl 150's DC = 80 - 140)

Basics = This server will have everything basic every other one has and importantly it is fully working with NPC's being tidy and all images being correct (as every server should be).

Provinces = All the usual + new province found under Border Vill called Desert Wall. (Area around it is a desert maze (every map looks same) and can be very hard to navigate).

Areas = Oma Cave, Insect Cave, Mines, Old Mines, Wooma Temple, Zuma Temple, Red Valley, Boar Temple, Bug Cave, Scorpion Cave, Snake Cave, Treepath, Devils Dungeon, Past Woomyon, Prajna Temple, Skull Cave, Stone Quarry, Spirit Tomb, Low/Mid Area, Slave Cave, Mystery Cave, Great Deserts, Haunted Ship, Great Legacy's Pyramid and The Final Throne.

Safe Houses = No more safety zones in town. Now every province has a safehouse (mud wall has nowhere safe), each house has the same set of NPC's for use and allows teleports to different caves. Taotown is now taoists only and provides extra NPC's for tao's.

Quests = There are about 12 quests at the moment (red moon quest size) all which give unique rewards (often a choice of 1 out of 5 rewards which can only be done once ! ). There is also a huge level 100 quest which takes players on a large story and will take a long time to complete (Finishing it provides players with the level 100 club pass and they can enter the club). As well as these quests is the Hunters Guild. Here you can get jobs hunting down specific monsters and quests available change hourly (these quests are where craftstones are found).

Guild System = No more wooma horns or zuma relics. In this server every boss drops a related item when it is killed. In order to make a guild 5 selected bosses must be proven to have been killed. Once the guild is up these items can be traded into the Guild NPC for guildpoints. Guildpoints allow sabuk wall attacks, items (recall especially) and unique guild hunts to be set up.

Crafting System = Items are now crafted to increase stats using craftstones and ores. Crafters have 2 skills (Forging and enchanting) which increase as they attempt crafts. Being a higher level in either will increase your chance of refining and also allow much better refines (players start only being able to add acc to weapons :) ).

Rare Items = As well as the main item sets are the mob item sets (woomarings etc). These are made using boss items and crafting them at the blacksmith using relevent recipes. This is also how the rarest items (para ring etc) are made but obviously they have hard to discover recipes :) )

Orbs = Orbs can be added to almost any item and add varying stats. For instance adding a fire orb to a knightbrace gives = FireKnightBrace.

Alchemy = This is a huge addition and allows players to creat special potions for themselves ! (especially tao's). Items are retrieved from the mobs in the breeding pits and then recipes can be made to construct a number of potions. Some examples : Potion of invulnerability, potion of sex change, potion of flight, potion of stat change. As well as these potions there are cursed ones (not identified until used) which will hinder people.

Special Items = A number of special items have been includes using Qmanage. These include experience chests, helper spawns (including slaves), and the new genies lamp which summons a genie to grant 1 wish).

Horses = Horses are now more personified as they will be named, rested and fed. Feeding horses greens will raise horses Hp and Stats.

As well as all these there are much more things and I am still adding. I estimate that I will completely stop working on the files in about a month which is when I shall decide what to do with them.

I've made the server so that people can take many routes through it, and the huge number of item crafts add lots of customability (this doesnt meen AC 0-10, AMC 0-10, DC 0-10 items will exist).

If any1 has any ideas or questions, (is there anything thats needs to be added ?) or would be interested in maybe running this server for me then leave a reply. I will try my hardest to be able to host and run, however I do not want to if it will be substandard hosting/running. Also I may be looking for gm's soon depending on how things go.

Edit = Also I forgot to say that the stats of all mobs have been reworked and adjusted to be just right. There won't be many level 20 people soloing level 30 bosses. Also boss fights are now epic ! (in testing the final boss took 10+ minutes of fighting for 8 people).

Last edited:

Shado

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 1, 2004
The orbs thing, it makes fireknightbrac
whats that do though ?

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Different orbs do different things on different stuff lol.

If I can remember a FireKnightBrace gets + 2DC

Also only 1 orb can be used on an item and must be done before the item is crafted by other means.

lanky1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 19, 2003
U.K
option 3 sounds cool release em to ev 1 so they got a better startin ground but its up 2 u

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
I can't handle much more msn, too many ppl added.
I'll still add you but only chat if you have something good to say :)

I'll answer any questions here.

craigy05

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2005
Essex
yo mate u said u will give server to some1 to take over so can i have it?

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
craigy05 said:
yo mate u said u will give server to some1 to take over so can i have it?
I said might....

However i'll note your name.

I don't want every1 getting over excited, as I've said in my post i won't be doing anything with the files for at least a fortnight, maybe a month. There will be some big servers out by then....

I've posted this so I can get feedback at the moment.
I got one question : At the moment pkers are only allowed in MW. From here they can still teleport etc but everything costs double. Should I change this or is it fair? (We never pked on server so it's not tested)

*Angel*

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2004
boro/redcar
m8 keep the server n try and host it this is your work(and ya m8s prob) u should get the credit for it not some noob who will just mess it all up server sounds cool its will b a waste of like 2.5 years or wat ever if u cant host at min just keep it for a few months untill ya can.

Muffin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 14, 2005
United Kingdom
*angel* said:
m8 keep the server n try and host it this is your work(and ya m8s prob) u should get the credit for it not some noob who will just mess it all up server sounds cool its will b a waste of like 2.5 years or wat ever if u cant host at min just keep it for a few months untill ya can.
i agree with angel m8

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
yep try host, if not then maybe give files to someone else to carry the server on. But DONT release the files into public :)

JadeFox

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 27, 2005
Many peopl have released there files and guess what people just host it how it is so you get 2-3 people hosting the same server its not worth it just find a host.
/JadeFox

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Wow, this a bit old. Not sure I even have files intact anymore. They might be on a cd i'll look for them later.

Got carried away with server to be honest. Started writing 200 quests and making it so there were 12 classes lol. Should of known I wouldn't finish that.

Doubt server will ever appear anywhere. I'd totally forgot about it.