Legend of Mir 2 - Valkyrie

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
The stupidest mistake everyone makes is not testing, you'd think people would have learnt by now. Alpha & Beta are common practice for a very good reason.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The stupidest mistake everyone makes is not testing, you'd think people would have learnt by now. Alpha & Beta are common practice for a very good reason.

especially with how much has changed on his server.
It's not just about game breaking bugs, its about balance and such.

I personally plan to; irrelevant of what it spoils, as unless your server is front loaded with content, its not ALL going to be reached in the beta

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Re: [Custom C# Files] Legend of Mir 2 - Valkyrie

Orange Poison(Burning) - Deals damage over time ignoring AC,MAC.

Shocked - This is a new mechanic/poison which will be applied when undead monsters are hit with Thunderstorm, Thunderbolt, Lightning. The monster will be paralysed for a very short time, the reason behind this is to bring back the group thunderstorming that was so popular and since made redundant in the C files. I hope to see groups of wizards mass thunderstorming like the goold ol' days!

that burning and shocked sounds familiar :P

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi -

looking like open beta is what people want, so i will do an open beta with increased EXP rate and give GG reward codes for those who report bugs to be claimed when live.
[MENTION=17635]Sanjian[/MENTION] - the burned and shocked poisons i added into my source around 2 years ago hope you are not implying i am stealing:witless:

Regards
Valkyrie

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Hi -

looking like open beta is what people want, so i will do an open beta with increased EXP rate and give GG reward codes for those who report bugs to be claimed when live.
@Sanjian - the burned and shocked poisons i added into my source around 2 years ago hope you are not implying i am stealing:witless:

Regards
Valkyrie

every single server owner is culpable of stealing

tbh if a person makes a feature on a server and another server owner uses it then i would see that as a compliment

i like your potion images, i use them on my server aswell :)

the idea of rewarding beta players for actively finding bugs is a great idea :)

Hastlroy is one of the best beta players ive seen on a server tbh, and weve had our differences but his attention to bug finding is second to none

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
that burning and shocked sounds familiar :P

tbh if a person makes a feature on a server and another server owner uses it then i would see that as a compliment

Sigh.. I hear he's also using fishing rods #JustSaying

Loving music, especially fairytail, feel like I'm on a quest to get me some zodiac keys!

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
The rougue V war fights look intense. I’d say looking at it rogue looks harder to time/master the skills whereas war looks very beefy. But this probably levels out as rogues gonna be sick PVE with that skill. Hard to choose tbh.

Reminds me of my favourite character on league of legends ... tryndamere. The spin not being overly powerful but good enough to spam little bits of HP, an annoyance kind of spell to even use when walking away to deter a chaser....if they still chase and become damaged u could even spin back round and smash.

Last edited:

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hi All -

i have updated the main thread with some more info regarding gold, resources and crafting. Also about Guilds.

No live date as yet, currently putting in a lot of work but don't want to risk giving a date and not achieving.
@Robert - why change the name?! i take it you watch sword art online too? ha ha

sneak peak of rogue combo for you then

[video=vimeo;300994041]https://vimeo.com/300994041[/video]

https://vimeo.com/300994041

Regards
Valkyrie

I love anime but have to admit sword art online really started to grind on me. Everyone shouting 'GAIII' 50 times and episode was so dull, saying that I plodded on and watched the second season xD I found the first was better than the second season though tbh.

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
I finished castlevania the other day, again a bit disappointed in the amount of action, anime just feels full of filler at the moment. I watched bleach earlier this year and had to google the filler episdodes, I finally thought I got to the big battle with Aizen then boom next 39 episodes were about something completely different was driving me mad xD

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK

the idea of rewarding beta players for actively finding bugs is a great idea :)

Hastelloy is one of the best beta players ive seen on a server tbh, and weve had our differences but his attention to bug finding is second to none
Careful! If i end up releasing my own server in future years the expectancy level is going to be through the roof! Nah am joking, nice to know it was all appreciated even if, as you said, we had our differences on one or two things!

Always happy to help anyone test stuff!

edit* no idea why this half of the message didnt post but i agree with Chalace. Any server which doesn't set aside time for beta (and even alpha in some cases) is setting themselves up for either failure or potentially a hell of a lot of work in the first month and this is the most important live period where players need stability in a server not knee jerk changes and last minute fixes. You must bare in mind however that not all players will actually report findings during in beta and some less scrupulous characters may save certain exploits for themselves to abuse later on with their mates but then claim ignorance. All needs to be taken into consideration but i would seriously think twice before launching without at least a week of beta.

Last edited:

Malski

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 10, 2014
Definitely ,definitely interested in this one.
Keeping my eyes peeled for updates :D

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi All -

just to let you know i am still working hard on this.

I will be updating the main post with more information soon and also an open BETA date for all those who are interested in testing.

If anyone has any questions regarding the server i would be happy to answer.

Regards
Valkyrie

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
Hi Havok -

I have been doing some closed testing and mainly been fixing little bugs to minimize a big wave of reports from open beta.

Also i have been working on a custom UI for the auto patcher and setting up things like a VPS to host my patcher from while doing a website at the same time.

Open beta date looking at around 29th December - 6th Jan but this isn't set in stone, i am off work for two weeks and it would give me a full week of monitoring and resolving everything that crops up during testing phase.

I still have more information to put on the main post regarding

Class specific craft-able items which equip in new item slot.
Boss AI's
Map movement
Custom new mounts
Custom converted weapons, some from Mir3 (like the mir3 mace) some from WoooL(The slayer type weapon in the mass drop picture) plus more
Dynamic mob and boss spawning
Capture towns for small buffs
A full main story quest line
Side quest lines
Cave Challenge system
Refining and Awakening for Weapons
Mentor/Lover System
Hidden caves through holes (Like ghoul cave) aimed for solo players.
Guild Alliance system with Alliance chat

There is more but these are a few i could quickly think of.

Regards
Valkyrie

---------- Post Merged on 09-12-2018 at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 07-12-2018 at 10:32 AM ----------

Updated main post with information about book crafting and class item crafting.
Also showing the custom autopatcher i have made for Valkyrie.

Regards
Valkyrie