Legend of Mir: Affinity

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005

This is only a brief Advert to give notice of the Legend of Mir Affinity Server.

We will be using the Latest Legend of Mir Crystal files.

Leveling Speeds:
The Server will be based around Euro style with similar levelling speeds, 1-40 have been custom tweaked on the EXP Tables to allow progression to be faster.

Player Bonuses:
When you get to a certain level, You want to be rewarded for your hard work, so we offer you different prizes as you achieve different levels through Legend of Mir Affinity. These prizes can range from a helpful pet, to a random gift box!

New Questlines:
I have set out a few new quest lines, Including Search for the Lost Crown, Ring of the Mad God. These are just a few of the new quests available in Legend of Mir Affinity, These will be similar quests to the Fatesword and Redmoon sword you all remember, but with brilliant twists (They are not the same quest as the RMS Quest will still be available).

Crafting:
Craft Unique or Rare items for your benefit! They have increased stats and have a brilliant new look! This means you can show off your "Rare" or "Unique" Items, Refine, Craft & Upgrade your items!

Magical Essences:
Magical Essences are a core feature to Legend of Mir Affinity. They help players to unlock new abilities, Craft Items, and complete some quests. They are extremely useful, and a Missionary will appear once a day to send you to the Magical Cavern (1-33 & 33+ Level Zones)

2zgs21h.jpg

Exploration:
There are plenty of places for you to Explore in Legend of Mir Affinity, but I don't feel it should be as easy as "Teleport here and there". You must first find the location on foot, and approach the Beacon in order to Unlock each area, once Each area is unlocked, you will gain access to that areas Teleport Menu. You will also get a Prize for unlocking all of the Zones.

Common, Rare, Legendary, Mythic Items:
I have specifically picked out which Items are in each category, meaning that they are scaled on level of rareness.

Fishing:
Fishing has been incorporated into Legend of Mir: Affinity, You are able to fish for, bonus credits, Fish that you can sell for Credits or gold, Quests on the Fishing Island. (You must purchase a Fishing license, Time restrictions on Each type of ticket.)

2mezhci.jpg

Mining:
Mining is also a big part of the game, I have added new ores and items to the typical mines that your used to, also including new mining zones. In the mining zones, you will be able to harvest new types of metal, these will be used for crafting new weapons and upgrading weapons. Some rare pieces are heard to awaken Ancient Items.

Large Map Help:
I have chosen to spend time on creating new Mini-maps that give directions to players for what level the next zone is, so that they can get an idea of what places they should be going to.

a08278.jpg

Custom Commands:
@Alchemy - This is a Menu where you can craft potions and upgrade your skill level, you can do this on the move!
@cook - Requires Campfire - You can cook raw fish so that they are edible and can increase stats.
@help - Displays detailed information on all aspects of gameplay.
@Home - Teleports you to Bichon (Level 7 Required)
@Store - Teleports you to Bichon Storage (Level 7 Required)

21a9ydl.png

Pet Keeper:
You are able to hire pets at a cost to your gold budget, these are powerful pets that can assist with levelling.

25tajqh.png

Pet Well:
You are able to donate money into the Ancient Pet well, to gain a Companion which can help you pick up items and some may create a BlackStone, this will give a random Item.

2w4blsm.png

We have Chosen to work solely with 3 Classes only.

Warrior
The warrior is a Strong Tanking hero, Aimed to be the Shell of the group taking the most damage and shielding the others from hard hitting foes.
We have taken time to balance the stats of the Warrior so that they can be used for this purpose, they will still be playable as you all know, but they will work well in a group aspect.

New Skills

ThunderClap : * Level 42 Required *
Slams the Ground dealing damage to enemies with a chance to stun Enemies
(Dealing 25% More damage when stunned)

Wizard
The Wizard is very weak when it comes to Melee attacks, but from ranged it can be devastating to large amounts of enemies, dealing large damage to groups of foes at once.

New Skills

Portal: * Level 40 Required *
Allow you and your friends to jump through a Magical portal to teleport to separate destinations on the same map.
Summon Undead Dogs: * Level 48 Required *
The Wizard has learnt the powers from an Necromancer to summon undead beings, these are two heavy units that can help distract foes.

Taoist
The most well-rounded class of all, they have the power to summon powerful pets and help to shield their allies. They use the power of Holy to bless and heal their friends.

New Skills

Viral Storm: * Level 42 Required *
Poison and deal damage to foes nearby you, emitting a toxic storm around you dealing periodic damage to enemies.

Group Leveling Logic:
I have chosen to make it so that when levelling in a group, you will not lose any EXP what so ever, so you don't have that nasty penalty when levelling with friends!
Also if you have one of each Class in your group (1 Warrior,Taoist,Wizard) Then your group gets a 5% EXP & Drop bonus!
We are hoping to promote group play so that players enjoy playing together to form alliances.

Challenges and more!!

There will be plenty of Challenges (Including Monster Evolution, Boss Battle, Invasions, Seize the Cargo, Capture the Thief, The Great Orc Heist, Blood Temple Challenge)

These are just some of the Challenges that you can do in Legend of Mir Affinity.

New Temples & Caves:
In Affinity, I'm looking to have a whole range of new caves and temples, with different Traps and challenges throughout to make the experience a bit harder than the "Run to the boss temple finished" Idea.

Outlaw Temple:

eree88.png

I am not yet near finished with the project, but I will soon be looking for Beta Testers. The Beta testers will have 1 week to Exclusively test the server before the Open Testing of which all players will be able to openly test the server before it goes to a Live stage. This is to make sure any final bugs have been fully nailed out, even though I have been thoroughly testing everything myself I do hope that there will be no bugs to find. We can all dream haha!

Thankyou.

Please feel free to use this as your signature.
w720q9.jpg

Last edited:

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
this server sounds decent to play , a few questions in mind tho :

1. which files you using please?
2. do you accept donations?
3. of 100% percentage of completing your server , much would you give?

wish you the best with the server
am sure gonna try it when its up.

cheers.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
this server sounds decent to play , a few questions in mind tho :

1. which files you using please?

cheers.

This is only a brief Advert to give notice of the Legend of Mir Affinity Server.

We will be using the Latest Legend of Mir Crystal files.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
As always look's good azzi you always put a lot of work into your servers i may just be tempted to give this a crack

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Thankyou Everyone who has given feedback on the Advertisement.

The server itself is progressing well, I think we are at about 60% of the way through.

This would mean

Items: 80%
Quests: 55%
Challenges: 50%
Monsters: 80%
Leveling speeds and back end code: 95%
Crafting 85%
Mining 75%
Fishing 80%
New Skills 70%

All in all we're looking at maybe a month until I even look at having beta, I just wanted to raise notice for the server :)

Also there will be donations, but this will link inline very closely with the credit system, e.g. if players put the work in (E.g. fishing) They will be able to achieve credits and gain the same items as donations, donations are literally for helping to upkeep the server nothing more.
The Gameshop can also be used with gold, so not everything is credit orientated. The Items available will be
Small EXP Scrolls (25% EXP increase)
Buff Potions (Stat boosters for certain times)
Random Mining Pack (Contains 3 random Ores or Ingots)
Random Fishing Pack (Contains different baits and other fishing Items)
Mount Items (For Mount races & Fights)
Crafting Materials.

These are just a small amount of items that will be in the gameshop, But we will not sell anything like books, items, levels, characters or anything that would be a remote touch on breaking the game. I give you my word on that.

Today I have finished doing the Exploration part of the game, meaning that all locations are fully explorable & able to be turned in to the final questmaster for a prize.

Thank you everyone.

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Look forward to the server.

Ring of the Mad God - Sounds very similar to the online RPG, "Realm of the Mad God" :)

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Todays update:-

Fishing:-

Fully finished, 23 Different kinds of fish to find, Quests alongside with Credit rewards so you can buy items from the GameShop.

Mining:-

Finished with 4 Brand new ores that you can mine, these ores will be worth a lot as will be rare & used for Crafting & Upgrading.

MonsterArena:-

Almost complete so far has 40 Rounds to compete against, giving lots of gameplay in this Mini Arcade Game.

You will be able to Pay to Save your Progress, e.g. if you get to Round 10 , you can pay either Credits or Gold to save your progress through the dungeon to come back to that round at a later stage.

You will also be asked every 5 rounds, whether you want to Get the Prize of that set of rounds, or whether you want to gamble your prize and try the next 5 rounds.

Outlaw Temple:-
3 Floors
2 Sub-bosses
5 Different Unit type mobs
1 Boss Mob.
Traps around each floor can deal damage, random teleport, or even freeze your character.
Level Range 42+

---------- Post Merged on 25-10-2015 at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was on 23-10-2015 at 07:38 PM ----------

Update 25/10/2015

- Updated Monster Arena to now feature 60 Rounds.
- Updated low level monster drops.
- Set all skills to require no levelling - Easy access to level 3.
- Set a list of triggers to display directions to each Beacon when you get to X Level.
- Class Master Quests for level 45, Warrior can do a quest to receive Fury Warrior Spell, Taoist can do their class quest for PetEnhancer, and Wizards can do their quest for Blink.
- Added Hell Transporter for access across Hell's Bridge
- Added several new Helmets for each class

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Updated some Screenshots to the Main post.

---------- Post Merged on 26-10-2015 at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous Post was on 25-10-2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Todays Updates 26/10/2015

Updated the Crafting System

- Added Gem Crafting
- Added Weapon Crafting
- Added Item Refining
- Added Upgrade System
- Added Helmet & Boot/Belt Crafting

Finished Ring of the Mad God QuestLine:-

- Finished all item drops
- Added NPCs
- Added Triggers
- Added Rewards
- Added "Bound Quest Ring"

New Dungeons:-

- Added outline to 4 new caves.
- Working on Group instance caves, plus rewards.

New Items:-
I have added extra sets for level 40+

- New Sets
-GrandMagicianSet
-CobraSet
-PaladinsSet
-Hell Set
-Heaven Set

Also a few more screenshots have updated the Main Thread

YellaDigga

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 12, 2015
ill give this a blast for sure, played your other servers and enjoyed them.

good luck

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Thankyou again to everyone who has commented feedback.

We are slowly reaching the Closed Beta Status, which in theory should be within a week or two, that will last for 1 week. (I will invite people to join the Beta Test. And will also make a applicants post when I choose to open up for closed Beta.)

After that we are looking to go onto closed Beta which will also last for one week, this will be when all players will get a chance to have a first look and see if theres any last bugs. If I am happy with it once we have gone through both phases.

Then I will announce the Live date and we will proceed to Starting fresh from then.

Thankyou

littletao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
hmmm

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:08 PM ----------

lol

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Todays Update 27/10/2015:-

The Old War Story & Game fully added:-

Go back and learn about the Old War and how the Sabuk defenders, lived past the battle with the Rebels.
Live the adventure yourself, Collect Rebel Souls in return for Credits!!
Fight the Boss General Tzu and obtain wondrous items!

More to come today, working on

The Sunken Island
Turtle Beach
and a few others!

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I'm a fan of you and your servers as you know (sorry we never got around to me helping out btw, my life just took over).

Take this at face value, no ill will or unfair criticism here. You work very hard to fix these quickly, so you should be credited. That said, I still wanna ask (on behalf of others too)

The server(s) you have run have had very rocky starts, with issue such as broken tele npcs and items being very borked. I think the last release I just quit until a week or so after when the issue were all sorted.

And server downtime was also a massive, massive issue. Can't quite say massive enough here :D

My question: What have you done to prevent that occurring here? The actual BETA will help undoubtedly, but a lot of the problems should have been fixed 'alpha' before, so it will be good to know whether we are likely to face similar problems with this release.

Again don't take it as a slight.. It's not. I can easily see how hard server creation can be, just be nice to know if you have recognised and planned accordingly :D

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
I'm a fan of you and your servers as you know (sorry we never got around to me helping out btw, my life just took over).

Take this at face value, no ill will or unfair criticism here. You work very hard to fix these quickly, so you should be credited. That said, I still wanna ask (on behalf of others too)

The server(s) you have run have had very rocky starts, with issue such as broken tele npcs and items being very borked. I think the last release I just quit until a week or so after when the issue were all sorted.

And server downtime was also a massive, massive issue. Can't quite say massive enough here :D

My question: What have you done to prevent that occurring here? The actual BETA will help undoubtedly, but a lot of the problems should have been fixed 'alpha' before, so it will be good to know whether we are likely to face similar problems with this release.

Again don't take it as a slight.. It's not. I can easily see how hard server creation can be, just be nice to know if you have recognised and planned accordingly :D

Thankyou :) I appreciate the feedback!

The previous servers, Yes I will agree had terrible starts, I will take blame for releasing it too early, but mainly because I was rushed before from the other server owner at the time and wasn't given enough time to actually get everything I wanted done. Back round this time, I am fully testing and making sure everything is complete. I have a few helpful testers that currently help me on a daily basis in order to test through bugs and problems and get everything sorted.

The Server downtime will no longer be an issue, as with all problems being sorted it won't need any reboots (Besides maintenance and for updates) Also I have more computers in the household which can be used for a test server in which I can add updates to before updating to the live server. I plan to have a weekly reboot, a day I will decide in due course. I will also when coming up to the Live date, purchase a dedicated server for it to run continuously on, This for clarification is a dedicated computer in another location not owned by myself. Not a 1970's computer in my basement I just "Dedicated" to using for the server. (This isn't a bite its just clarification for anyone who thinks differently :) )

This time round I get to do everything my way, the best way in my opinion. I have all the time in the world to complete the project so i'm not rushing it. I aim to have a long lasting server.

- Also another note to help with peoples worries, I have a rolling back-up daily going to 2 separate computers, meaning we will never have an issue with losing a database, or losing anymore than a day. This was a large problem before due to my own mistakes not creating backups.

Again thankyou for the feedback, I respect all opinions no matter whether they are criticisims or positive feedback. It all helps!

Hope I helped lay your thoughts to rest :)

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Group Leveling Logic:
I have chosen to make it so that when levelling in a group, you will not lose any EXP what so ever, so you don't have that nasty penalty when levelling with friends!
Also if you have one of each Class in your group (1 Warrior,Taoist,Wizard) Then your group gets a 5% EXP & Drop bonus!
We are hoping to promote group play so that players enjoy playing together to form alliances.

Remove that. Its not working as proven on Galaxy. Its good in theory but in action a group of ppl just constantly groups for the first few days and they end up with 4x the exp everyone else is. Just remove it.

killerboy123

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Feb 5, 2015
Burj-Village
Group Leveling Logic:

Remove that. Its not working as proven on Galaxy. Its good in theory but in action a group of ppl just constantly groups for the first few days and they end up with 4x the exp everyone else is. Just remove it.
why remove it lol he made it abit diffrent which gives 5% exp and drops bouns lol nothing like Galaxy

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Group Leveling Logic:

I don't plan on removing this from the game, sorry but the feature sits quite well. I will change part of it though, instead of being in a group, if your a warrior you'll gain 9% Extra Exp (Solo), Wizard 4% EXP, Taoist 7% EXP.

Also

Todays Update 28/10/2015

Added Sunken Gateway, Group area with a chance to gain powerful items, Monsters are very strong.

Added Highlands - Boss area, Many different Sub bosses and a main boss to kill. Aimed at large groups fighting with tactics to take down bosses.

The Old War Credit System Complete.

All HellYamaSet Finished

Added New Armours

XiaoArmour
PaladinArmour
HellYamaArmour
BlackDarkArmour
ShurikanArmour

These are all armours between level 40-50.

Tweaked a few spells to give diversity to gameplay

Spells now Have Delays

Warrior:-

ShoulderDash 5.0 Second Delay
TwinDrakeBlade 2.0 Second Delay
Entrapment 5.0 Second Delay
FlamingSword 7.0 Second Delay
LionRoar 4.0 SecondDelay
SlashingBurst - 2 Minute Delay

Wizard:-

FireWall - 3.2 Second Delay
MagicShield 3.0 Second Delay
Blizzard 10.0 Second Delay
MagicBooster 8.0 Second Delay
MeteorStrike 10.0 Second Delay
IceThurst 12.0 Second Delay
Blink 44.0 Second Delay

Taoist:-

Curse 5.0 Second Delay
Plague 12.0 Second Delay
PoisonCloud 18.0 Second Delay
EnergyShield 22.0 Second Delay
PetEnhancer No Delay

Also added Broken Heaven items to boss drops for crafting.

- HeavenHilt
- BrokenHeavenHelm/Brace/Ring

Updated Help information.

littletao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
wats with all the cool down on items how r people ment to lvl with them really

Status
Not open for further replies.