Login gate Failure's

smoochy boys on tour

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
i have had my server up for over a month now but for some reason in the past week i have been getting a issue with my login gate, it keep shutting its self down and not allowing people to connect i am then having to close the gate and re connect it, it is not effecting the game its just very annoying that it keeps crashing out (just the login gate) i have looked on the forum but not found a thread covering this has anyone got any ideas what it may be!!!

Cheers
Maz

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
you've not changed ne thing?

maybe try replacein it with a new login gate i dunno rly, is it givin any errors or owt

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
you've not changed ne thing?

maybe try replacein it with a new login gate i dunno rly, is it givin any errors or owt
nothing has been changed and no errors at all that's why its boggling me all it gives is if someone try's to log in more than once and can not get past the gate it give Chinese writing and then there ip
><
i will trying replacing it tomo and i will get back to you ....

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
OK bon i have replaced the log in gate i will give it a day and see what happens cheers Hun i will get bk to you if it carry's on :P (thumbs up)

Upvote 0

paul.obrien

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2008
i have had my server up for over a month now but for some reason in the past week i have been getting a issue with my login gate, it keep shutting its self down and not allowing people to connect i am then having to close the gate and re connect it, it is not effecting the game its just very annoying that it keeps crashing out (just the login gate) i have looked on the forum but not found a thread covering this has anyone got any ideas what it may be!!!

Cheers
Maz

i was thinking of your memory usage.
i had this type of problem with my very first server.
when you start hitting your ram usage max stuff starts to crash

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
i was thinking of your memory usage.
i had this type of problem with my very first server.
when you start hitting your ram usage max stuff starts to crash

No hun i no it is not this due to i have just brought a new host pc (has more ram) this problem was on the previous pc to i was hoping the host change would fix the problem and it did not..
also do any of you know the add level cmd to lotto script npc? ...the login gate has not crashed yet :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
Its pointless trying to help Mazz.
As Matt said...

(This happened when the both of us tried offering help to her.) :cursing:

hmm pointless? considering server is up and running ok and i have a new host pc what i have done by my self etc etc is there any reason for that negativity i think not all i asked was a question and u come bk at me with that ... very adult... everyone is entitled to allow or refuse help are they not....? I am not arguing about this all over again no need for it..its old news so back off and allow me to get on with it..

You got a new computer -Clap Clap
You fixed your login gate -Clap Clap
Your server is v corrupt -Clap Clap

You fail at making a good server. Tissue?

BRING ON 4HEROS HIGH RATE!
grow up dude this thread is not for insults is it and i think many would agree....
stop making parts of lomcn pointless...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
You got a new computer -Clap Clap
You fixed your login gate -Clap Clap
Your server is v corrupt -Clap Clap

You fail at making a good server. Tissue?

BRING ON 4HEROS HIGH RATE!

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
u still havin this problem?

i would love to help but ive rly never heard of it ever happenin before lol, cant think what would cause it either

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
the only thing i can think of is a wrong beteew the gates

all ip work together if one to match on a gate i may make the prob ur having

Upvote 0

mazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2008
u still havin this problem?

i would love to help but ive rly never heard of it ever happening before lol, cant think what would cause it either

yes hun it started doing it again last night >< i will just have to keep an eye on it i have a bk up so it wont cause a major prob i am sure i will figure it out was just hoping some one may of had this problem b4. It may have something to do with the ips connecting due to my host being in the USA and most players are from the UK.... could be many reasons thanks all the same and if anyone else has any ideas give me a shout please.

ok finally got round to remembered to screen it here it is
screenielogon.jpg

and regarding the ips in the gates it has not changed for a while now when i did change the ips and it ran smoothly then about a week b4 i changed hosts it started causing this problem. none of the gates are having issues it is just the login gate it comes up with the connection closed every so often and the black boxed as if you would normally type in your name and pass with the ok button but does not allow u to type it. when it happened s again i will take a screenie and post it.

This problem was due to people not able to create a account fast enough, This was causing it to time out then when they would finally get on it would closed the gate down.
Problem seems to be solved no login gate failures so far. changed KeepConnectTimeout=600000 so far so good. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0