LOM2 - Screenshots.

smoochy boys on tour

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
1682685175237.png

Miss days like this.. where you could be level 40, J Mace, Corals, BJN and it be the norm.. D rings etc weren't common as muck.

Now everybody expects full kit by level 40. I'm sure before I really got into Mir, even Corals were probably rare 🤣 - or were they always shop?

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
View attachment 31454

Miss days like this.. where you could be level 40, J Mace, Corals, BJN and it be the norm.. D rings etc weren't common as muck.

Now everybody expects full kit by level 40. I'm sure before I really got into Mir, even Corals were probably rare 🤣 - or were they always shop?
This is what we need now. A proper bit of a nostalgia server.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
They
View attachment 31454

Weren't shop. Actually, the shop had very little back in the old days.

I remember MC+ Iron Rings being worth a pretty penny.
Even warriors using DC+2 Iron Rings!

Reactions: Sanjian

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
They

Weren't shop. Actually, the shop had very little back in the old days.

I remember MC+ Iron Rings being worth a pretty penny.
Even warriors using DC+2 Iron Rings!
Remember the old europe easter events? I Ended up getting a para ring, teleport and clear ring

Ive got screenshots of me as a GM on the official Philippines server too. Back when you could become GM invoking a command. I got the official server files by their mistake and I clowned around. I dont think I released those as it was missing vital stuff. Unsure if I even told anyone. I will dig them out later.

Looking back, I was rather immature in many ways but I like to think it served a purpose at the time. I honestly mean well and I do feel some regret in some of my actions towards some people. Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Dan

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Remember the old europe easter events? I Ended up getting a para ring, teleport and clear ring
the hens!

i remember camping in woomyonwoods bottom left corner waiting for hens... got jmace and a ssw out of it thought i had hit the jackpot!

Reactions: MentaL

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
View attachment 31454

I may have more of your screenshots from the old attachments, I will check later for you.

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
The mir we got addicted to, the social side and the old kit, now it’s all max kit, about 9 different ways to add stats to one item. And over complicated, or anyone who says about a ‘classic mir’ wants to make it 10x harder which people give up on

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN

Ive got screenshots of me as a GM on the official Philippines server too. Back when you could become GM invoking a command. I got the official server files by their mistake and I clowned around. I dont think I released those as it was missing vital stuff. Unsure if I even told anyone. I will dig them out later.

Looking back, I was rather immature in many ways but I like to think it served a purpose at the time. I honestly mean well and I do feel some regret in some of my actions towards some people. Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Dan
When the Phili sources first leaked, they contained the GM codes for euro/korean mir too, and the euro mir staff never bothered to patch it at any point so it was in there right till the end, I used them for years on a noob to plkay around hah, never really used to my advantage though.. for the last couple months, someone gave the codes to the general public and the server was perma crashing from people spawning too much...

Be interesting too see if you managed to get hold of some different files though, post em!

Reactions: MentaL

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
View attachment 31454

Attachments

• bbb.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 47
  • bloodring.jpg
    bloodring.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 47
  • gdh dc0-1.jpg
    gdh dc0-1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 48

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
@MentaL Those armours you posted (Tao/Warrior) they are in Mir3 as well.

Makes me wondering to ask the next question:

So wemade indeed applied the EI patch to Mir2 ? I knew that Mir3 started of a patch that Wemade wanted to add on Mir2 but in the end they made Mir3 off it.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
@MentaL Those armours you posted (Tao/Warrior) they are in Mir3 as well.

Makes me wondering to ask the next question:

So wemade indeed applied the EI patch to Mir2 ? I knew that Mir3 started of a patch that Wemade wanted to add on Mir2 but in the end they made Mir3 off it.
family.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
@MentaL does this map was on official client or was something you built as custom?

It looks cool!

full

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Do you still have the client files? :p

No, anything that I retained I released many years ago.
Post automatically merged:

The old Legend of Mir moderator section from the Euro forums.

MIR_MOD2.jpg

Unreleased stuff, I think.
Weapons.jpg weapon.jpg

Euro Mir Phoenix server. Attachment from the RZ forums. Phoenix.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev and zedina

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I dont have it. Someone surely does somewhere.

Unreleased content.

Attachments

• Images06.jpg
    Images06.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Images00.jpg
    Images00.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Images11.jpg
    Images11.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Images07.jpg
    Images07.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2poe

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
I was so naive to think I was competing with a level playing field!

Was Mir lander etc common? I played from 1.4 till the end! Even when people had GM codes I didnt want to use them in case I got banned haha

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I was so naive to think I was competing with a level playing field!

Was Mir lander etc common? I played from 1.4 till the end! Even when people had GM codes I didnt want to use them in case I got banned haha

If you knew what to look out for it was obvious. I saw it routinely. There is a designated path in which it followed. Also, you'll generally notice they tend not to chat and ignore you. What I would do was to enable a random chat output to make it seem I am there when im not.

Remember when the random Chinese players would appear in town with amazing gear and all level 40? Bots. It wasn't common but it happened.

Edit: another give away was they would level up in the dark. You would need to fill up on hp mp and torches. Run out of torches? It'll continue to bot in the dark.