LOM2 -> Security

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
Ok basicly, ive disabled the ingame account registration, and instead replaced it with an online web account creation, since the username can be broken into with charname and id, i thought of a few things of which i can do to make it more secure, i would like your view on which would be best tho.

So vote away

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Don't try and comlicate it too much, I reckon just keep the user and pass as whatever the person wants, and just urge them to make it different. I guess it's not possible to have a password recovery using secret questions, is it?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
I think, you should have an enter'd username, but can be changed with a activation code if so needed

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
entered username changeable with code.

Cos when u get hacked ppl feel more safe if they can change username.

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
ok well i think ill start the change username now :P, im just gonna figure out how to make a random activation code and sent via e-mail, or i could do the acti code manually

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
just finished the main coding, it now succesfully changes the username,
Enter Username
Enter Activation Code
Enter New Username
Repeat New Username
Submit
Changed :)

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
ok made it do random activation codes :), now to get it to send to their e-mail.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I think the QGO way was good when it first came out. Yeah it is annoying but did stop hackings. I think that username type but your own password is a good idea. But I see now you've done it your way and I kinda got confused so I don't know what it does now :P

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
lol all ive done is code the needed stuff, it is very easy to change to any of those above options.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
I would go for random username not changable (seeing as there is a program wich memorizes the pass and id for you.