Other looking for good files and a base DB

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
Not entirely sure if this is right place to post but im looking for some files to play around with while i have some spare time and possibly build a server out of it any help or direction to the right place would be greatly appreciated, id preferably like some up to date files and possibly a standard db, before i get any grief i have no idea what im doing but gotta start somewhere ;)

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:18 PM ----------

im using a win7 so wether to just start with tds basic 2.3 files is best way to go im not sure mostly made this post for advice so i would be greatful for any help

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
I recently opened a server with Heroes files. And if I'm honest, I wish I went for the Ruby M2 files (Check them out, there's a section for them)
Heroes are (by the sounds of it) the easiest to set up. You pretty much just click and away you go.

The reason I wish I went for Ruby is that they look much nicer, and (I think) they have less bugs. For example Heroes have a bug with the purple slow affect, and because of this I've had to disable such spells as Frost Crunch and Curse. (When they come out of slow monsters goes super +1million attack speed and cant be stopped)
Also a thing I don't like about Heroes is that the darkness has been removed (Day/night/Cave darkness) which just feels really bland when the whole world caves included is light as day.
The interface for Ruby (official Korean mir interface I believe) is a lot nicer looking (in my eyes anyway)

C# files deserve a mention as by the sounds of it are the smoothest and cleanest running files going, except they're incomplete so you might miss a bunch of stuff that you want.

So yeah, for Ruby, or Heroes. Despite all of the flaws Heroes has the files are also jam packed full of content and the possibilities are endless tbh.

Upvote 0

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
I recently opened a server with Heroes files. And if I'm honest, I wish I went for the Ruby M2 files (Check them out, there's a section for them)
Heroes are (by the sounds of it) the easiest to set up. You pretty much just click and away you go.

The reason I wish I went for Ruby is that they look much nicer, and (I think) they have less bugs. For example Heroes have a bug with the purple slow affect, and because of this I've had to disable such spells as Frost Crunch and Curse. (When they come out of slow monsters goes super +1million attack speed and cant be stopped)
Also a thing I don't like about Heroes is that the darkness has been removed (Day/night/Cave darkness) which just feels really bland when the whole world caves included is light as day.
The interface for Ruby (official Korean mir interface I believe) is a lot nicer looking (in my eyes anyway)

C# files deserve a mention as by the sounds of it are the smoothest and cleanest running files going, except they're incomplete so you might miss a bunch of stuff that you want.

So yeah, for Ruby, or Heroes. Despite all of the flaws Heroes has the files are also jam packed full of content and the possibilities are endless tbh.

Thank you very much for this i believe i may try heroes im nto a fan of curse and FC has never been a major skill ive seen used for a while either so removing curse would have been something i would have done, i have heard that heroes is full of lots of content and id like to get stuck into abit more than i can chew so this is deffinately my most likely option :) #c files id guess would be for the more advance creater and as i am a complete noob and just looking to learn te ropes for abit i shall go with heroes will also give ruby files ago at some point but simple is better for now :D thank you very much for your reply on this :)

Upvote 0

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
#c files id guess would be for the more advance creater and as i am a complete noob and just looking to learn te ropes for abit i shall go with heroes will also give ruby files ago at some point but simple is better for now :D thank you very much for your reply on this :)

Trust me, the c# files are so easy to setup. You download them and double click the server exe. Job done.

Dk

Upvote 0