Looking for HEX to show GM name when using @!

smoochy boys on tour

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Does anyone know the hex so that the Gm name appears when you do the @! commmand?

I tried doing a little comparing between my m2server and mordeaths one(sos if i got name wrong) to see if i could get it that way but to n o avail and there's nowt about it on any hex guides or any other posts.

I'd rather put this edit into my m2server than be a sheep(no offence intended) and use the same exe as others...

Help appreciated, Fugly

sparx14

its easy... for example when you press @# it gm shouts with (#) MSG HERE

so search a txt string for either (#) or # ? not quiet sure.. but neway just change that to your gms name and there u go :) i think neway lol

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
sparx14 said:
its easy... for example when you press @# it gm shouts with (#) MSG HERE

so search a txt string for either (#) or # ? not quiet sure.. but neway just change that to your gms name and there u go :) i think neway lol

Its @! for a Gm shout

sparx14

Actualy its @! and @# and @$ lol -_- think before you post :P

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
Sparx's idea would work, but it about as much use as a wind powered office fan. Since by changing the command to include the GM name, it would also mean having to type the GM name as part of the command. This could be done anyway everytime by typing it as part of the shout.

ie:
m2'd command: @fugly RAHHH = (fugly) RAHHH
norm command: @!fugly: RAHHH = (*)fugly: RAHHH

I imagine a more useful solution would be possible in deathwishes mir2 console, or the serverchat program.

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
I know there are server out there with the function - so someone must have edited the code???? Anyone wanna share it?

DeathWish

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Oct 29, 2003
i found it ages ago but cant find it again now :\
its near the endish of m2server

look for a part with [ ....... ] not "."'s just like messy parts, then change the [ with say H and it will put H GMName] so u know u got the right part, then copy sum of that hex and thats all :P

edited: it changed "H G" no space in caps to "**" oO

wtf is wrong with saying ** ?

Last edited: