Looking to start a low rate

smoochy boys on tour

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I don't mind LR's, providing skill lvling and decent spells aren't stupidly Rare. Infact, that's the prime reason why most LR's usually fail. People nowadays are too used to getting it easy.

I mean, one LR server took about 3weeks to find a Single TDB book, yet within that time 4 FlameFields had dropped?

WHAT? LOL

I wish you the best of luck.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
what ive found with low rate servers they can tend to last longer but server count is normaly alot lower then HR. good luck tho, if you make it good it should last, but if its not brilliant low rate servers wont keep there only few players. just a tip mate g/l
not really... my low rate server lasted about 4-6months.. both HR lasted 2years & 1year+

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Youre saying no donations but constant 1.3x exp for people that 'Contribute'

Just say donations, dont sugarcoat it lol.

LuckyDip

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
London
sounds gd terry.if all goes to plan il play seein as your sound and can trust ya.

QueenofWizzies-Ash

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
the only reason that high rates have higher usercounts as apposed to low rates is because people that played any euro mir , just cba to redo it all with the effort they put into euro, as mir is like a 12 year old game, theres not that much that can be introduced anymore and the usercounts will just get smaller and smaller as time passes.
low rates a bad idea in my opinion, i'd just open a high rate that isnt too much of a piss take as high rates that are stupidly high fail after a few weeks

Shank

The_Mafia
VIP
Dec 4, 2008
Certain level caps (in a way), that will get raised as the server goes on.
ud need so much content for this lol otherwise ppl get bored

sounds alright but x1.3 exp constant is gonna be a huge advantage tbh lol

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
I agree with everyone that LR's fail bla bla bla, and im taking this all in to account thats why i wanna get alot of updates done (Kits multiple places to hunt @ all levels up to around 40-50 then when people start reaching level 40 etc work on updates more maps hunting place boss hunting places.)
And as koriban said leveling skills etc is a complete piss take on all lr's and i cant stand this or hunting for spells.

So it will probs be level 1 spell = 100 level 2 spell = 200 level 3 = 300.
As for spells rarety spells like Curse Poison Cloud, Met Blizz FF, Rage ProField andi was gonna make FS rare but w/o having FS and TDB warrs are pretty useless.

As for kits
No kit will have multi stats onit (Wizzies having dc and taoist's having Warriors dc)
Everything will be done properly.
All warrior kits will have maybe +4 Acc on all together for the lower level kits and as they get higher the + acc will get higher also and the bosses +agil will. As will Wizzies.
All Warrior Weps or Necks will have A.Speed on them as i dont want everyone having +9 A.Speed i want getting MAX a.s and luck a rarety.

Rare kits.
1 * = Semi-Rare
2 * = Rare
3 * = Very Rare.
and there will be 1 of each for level 10+ 20+ 30+ 40+ etc.

As for para's pro's. i feel as tho mining is useless in mir now days no1 uses it for quests etc. So what im going to do is have Paralysis/Protection/Teleport Shards Drop from bosses, will you have to mine for ore / minerals and go see and npc in a cave designed just for the smelting of these rings.
So will be like 5 floors with multiple sub-bosses mobs (Dont drop and give rubbish exp) and a boss at the end. with an npc in room behind.
That way i cant control the drops of para's etc but i can control when people get them. by putting a level cap on cave or something.

Sabuk wall will be wurth while fighting for.
As i said will be a massive tournment.
Guilds 1vs1 until 1 winner.

I have alot of ideas just might need some help.

Craig could you add me on msn please, would like a little chat :P
[email protected]

Thanks guys for feedback but im going ahead with this 100% :P

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
I agree with everyone that LR's fail bla bla bla, and im taking this all in to account thats why i wanna get alot of updates done (Kits multiple places to hunt @ all levels up to around 40-50 then when people start reaching level 40 etc work on updates more maps hunting place boss hunting places.)
And as koriban said leveling skills etc is a complete piss take on all lr's and i cant stand this or hunting for spells.

So it will probs be level 1 spell = 100 level 2 spell = 200 level 3 = 300.
As for spells rarety spells like Curse Poison Cloud, Met Blizz FF, Rage ProField andi was gonna make FS rare but w/o having FS and TDB warrs are pretty useless.

As for kits
No kit will have multi stats onit (Wizzies having dc and taoist's having Warriors dc)
Everything will be done properly.
All warrior kits will have maybe +4 Acc on all together for the lower level kits and as they get higher the + acc will get higher also and the bosses +agil will. As will Wizzies.
All Warrior Weps or Necks will have A.Speed on them as i dont want everyone having +9 A.Speed i want getting MAX a.s and luck a rarety.

Rare kits.
1 * = Semi-Rare
2 * = Rare
3 * = Very Rare.
and there will be 1 of each for level 10+ 20+ 30+ 40+ etc.

As for para's pro's. i feel as tho mining is useless in mir now days no1 uses it for quests etc. So what im going to do is have Paralysis/Protection/Teleport Shards Drop from bosses, will you have to mine for ore / minerals and go see and npc in a cave designed just for the smelting of these rings.
So will be like 5 floors with multiple sub-bosses mobs (Dont drop and give rubbish exp) and a boss at the end. with an npc in room behind.
That way i cant control the drops of para's etc but i can control when people get them. by putting a level cap on cave or something.

Sabuk wall will be wurth while fighting for.
As i said will be a massive tournment.
Guilds 1vs1 until 1 winner.

I have alot of ideas just might need some help.

Craig could you add me on msn please, would like a little chat :P
[email protected]

Thanks guys for feedback but im going ahead with this 100% :P

I like you're ideas, you're going along the right lines with the kind of server I'd love to see coming out.

This will work if it's done properly, you always need something different to do on low rates, people seem to get very bored with them because their levels aren't going up as fast as their used to these days!

Good idea, one of my pet hates is levelling skills for hours, but it can have an upside with rarer spells, when you work oh so hard at trying to level FlameField and then run a mock with it, it's a great feeling.

How will this work with gems and orbs, are you just going to take them out of the game?

Something I always think every server should take advantage of is the mining system hardly any servers these days use it, would be great to see something like this if done properly.

Probably better to PM me on here just now as I'm hardly ever on MSN although I'll get round to finding my log in details for it soon

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
I like you're ideas, you're going along the right lines with the kind of server I'd love to see coming out.

This will work if it's done properly, you always need something different to do on low rates, people seem to get very bored with them because their levels aren't going up as fast as their used to these days!

Good idea, one of my pet hates is levelling skills for hours, but it can have an upside with rarer spells, when you work oh so hard at trying to level FlameField and then run a mock with it, it's a great feeling.

How will this work with gems and orbs, are you just going to take them out of the game?

Something I always think every server should take advantage of is the mining system hardly any servers these days use it, would be great to see something like this if done properly.

Probably better to PM me on here just now as I'm hardly ever on MSN although I'll get round to finding my log in details for it soon

I will definately be taking PR/MR orb's / Gem's out.
as for gems i will be keeping ones like AC / Amc not so rare, while Agil Acc and A.Speed wil be keeping semi rate.

All bosses will have orbs in drop files. as i feel it brings customisation to peoples kits.

I will probs make it so all warrior kits will have +4 A.s
maybe even take a.s gems out. not to sure on this matter yet. atm im focusing on getting quests maps done.

Will be changing the Home Zone to something a little more smaller than BW.
I like invasions so maybe when people start flooring the invasion of the first home town. we will move to a bigger one and so forth. invasions getting harder each time the move towns / villages.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
My question to you is :
Who are you.... ?

I'v been playing privates servers now for 1-2 Years.
First started play MR.
(Topman) and Shared (SluttyWizz)

Then moves to DR for like 6months.
(Xpod)

Then when 4H's came out joined that. (LR/HR)
(LR = Topman) (HR = FannyRash and played other chars)

And jump from private server to private server.

Played Euro from Beta stages. (Topman / xXMissMirXx)
Loved the game since.

Just don't like the route its going down.

Now Question two . . . .

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
My question to you is :
Who are you.... ?

First started play MR.

(Xpod)

Loved the game since.

Now Question two . . . .

You have no experience in running private servers then?

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Im always doing script work, testing npc's adding npcs. mobs maps etc to my own little work. But never nothing Public no. has always been for my purpose only ( like testing new items etc.)

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
3 kits for lvls 10-20-30-40 etc???Whats the point of having ne rare kits for lvls bellow 40?Ppl wont have their proper spells no matter rarity so...for example i would pick a war with tdb and copper ring over a war without tdb but with mir rings any day.

Unless u change all spell lvls accordingly i dont think u really need that much potential on lvls 0-40.Usually these lvls are just to get in game and learn the game more or less.Hence its stupid 0-40 being slow on a game that has 0 changes in 10years ;p

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Agree'd. Main reason low rates fail is because people just cba running around bw killing chestnut trees then spending an evening in mines. Fasttrack it to 20 with quests then you can have your low rates.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
My question to you is :
Who are you.... ?

First started play MR.

(Xpod)

Loved the game since.

Now Question two . . . .
Didn't realise you was from DR lol.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Yer sorry lol. I started doing kits last night wasnt until i read over the post i realised how dumb that sounded. the first Semi-Rare kit starts @ 30. I also cannot stand running around bw etc. So starter level is 20, This is probs going to turn out to be a slow med rate.

Skyline who was you on DarkRealm ?

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Ahhhh (Y) CBAY :P
I was playing DR for a little while about 1 week ago, char name DongInAThong and DarkMatter :thumbup1:

Hmm new idea.

Rare Kits.
Rare kits start @ level 30
30 = 1 item
31 = 2nd item.
And so forth.

the idea is, for level 30+ 40+ 50+ 60+ there will be 3 sets of rare items
* being easiest to drop ** being semi-rare *** being really rare.
This idea is another to bring back mining.
Bosses will drop * items, Aswell as ** / *** but a quicker way to get these ** *** is by Mining certain ores and making sewing goods and farming threads. Will not be alot say 200 of each for ** and 300 for *** and like 2 sewing goods for ** and 3 for *** and like 2 bits of GoldOre for ** and 3 for ***.

On kits with just * there will be just ac / amc / dc / sc / mc.
** there will be Ac / Amc / Dc / Sc / Mc / Acc / Agil
*** there will be More Ac / Amc / Dc / Sc / Mc / Acc / Agil / aswell as A.Speed (For warr's tao's) and / Mr / PR.

This will be only way to gain MR/PR So would be helpful killing bosses etc.
Only small amounts tho dont want it so you cant slow / pa people or curse and poison etc.
So say for level 30+ kit there will be +2 40+ will be +3 50 + will be +4

Normal kits w/o any * will not be far of the stats of *items simply for the fact - are upgradeable.

Last edited: