m2server.exe error (with 1.4 files might be using the wrong setup)

Join Discord

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
hi all

few weeks ago my mate completed a custom-made exe file, problem is i dunno which one its for (i borrowed some of his backup disks and his stuff was on it)

anyways he's gone on hols, i set up mir 1.4 server files thinking it was for them (as he works mainly with them)

however when i run the exe's all load up fine except the m2server.exe in which i get the following errors:

First This:

cloths.JPG

Then This:

code100.JPG

anyone know how to fix these? ive searched through the stditems.db for any errors like missing numbers or not in correct order but everythin seems to be perfect :s

---------------

EDIT:

its ok i looked in the exe and it says Table_MONSTERS

so i assume its SQL related - so itll be 1.9 -.-

so anyone recommend a set of server files to test this on then? which is best, i've seen alot of talk like Plumewind and Ledu but i havent a clue which is good and which does what lol

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Easy problems to fix m8.

cloths.JPG

This is in the !Setup.txt File.

!Setup.txt can befound in x:\Mirserver\Mir200.

Make sure it shows as followes. (Can change as long as you have the item in your databse).

Code:
[Names]
ClothsMan='BaseDress(M)'
ClothsWoman='BaseDress(F)' 
WoodenSword='WoodenSword'
Candle='Candle'
BasicDrug='(HP)DrugSmall'

code100.JPG

This is an error in your stdItems.db

StdItems.db can be found in x:\Mirserver\Mud2\DB

Make Sure the item Index is consecutive.

That is.

If it Skips or if it has a dupliate Index Number it will display that error.

Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003

so anyone recommend a set of server files to test this on then? which is best, i've seen alot of talk like Plumewind and Ledu but i havent a clue which is good and which does what lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005
DrowninG said:

Not to Sure cos if it was then u get the same error on ur items as ur items load before ur mon does check ur Dir of the Monster

Upvote 0

DrowninG

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
MiloFoxburr said:
your gonna need his sql db's or build your own db's using the infomation found in hex

building my own will be easy, it has all the column headers in it, im just curious - what other exe's would i have to use like login gates etc?

and how could i find out which ones this uses?

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Erm I just noticed something The fact that it specifically says Stditems.db was not found suggests that its not SQL

Do a search in Hex for stuff like DSN, SQL, HeroDB, Borland see what results are found

If its custom made your gonna have to use all his files unless he used 1.4 packets but the only way to find that out is to ask him or trial and error
Chances are if he is using his own packets your also gonna need his client if he has one

Upvote 0

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
i use DB COMMANDA SQL 2000 i find to hard to get up and running + its ****e tbh

Upvote 0