M2server problem

Join Discord

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
Ok i now this has been posted on the forums before, but i have used the search and tryed every thing possible that i can think of, i am not a noob with server making and setting up, although for some reason my files are now not working propely, m2server loads up normaly except it doesnot say gate 0 open, unless i use my offline ip and yes it will work properly so i now its not the way i set the files up, again i changed the ips to my online and did not get gate 0 open, below is a list of the things that i HAVE tryed:

1) Checked through ips 3 times to make sure correct
2) Checked paths of every file and folder
3) Waited 20 minutes for it to load, although i dont have slow comp
4) Reset all the files (re extracted and set up)

PLease this is beyond me i have no clue to what it could be i have tryed many things, if u have any idea what could be please post, i also debaited weather to format my computer. Thanks in advanced

$h@d0wkn1ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2004
Scotland
what about the ips. in your gate_server???? try resetting all your ips to the orginal state....127.0.0.1 and then try starting the server up.

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
Yes when the ips are set to 127.0.0.1 it does state gate 0 open, although i want it online so i use mir setup editor to change the ips so that there is NO mistake in them and still will not say open

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
i have tryed what u said dissabled it all fire wall etc and still not saying gate 0 open =/

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
Thanks. This has been bugging me for ages u no where i can get any different files other than fernys ones, i just wanna see if a diff set of files will work thanks.

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
GIGABYTE, the server editor changes EVERY IP to your internet IP, which is not the correct way to set up the server. Goto the link shadow supplied and download a server starter, which will configure the files correctly.

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
arr, may be my problem i will take alook in a few ticks, but i usually set the files up that way by changing ALL the ips and it has worked :S

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
strangely shadow i cannot see the server files on leos site either my eyes are playing tricks with the blue interface or they aint there =/

$h@d0wkn1ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2004
Scotland
Server starter should do it for you :) also don't forget to keep click "find my ip" on server starter, just incase it keeps changing :P

$h@d0wkn1ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2004
Scotland
I'm not sure i believe you mite have been adding wrong ip's...download server starter from the link i've posted and then use it well :)

AlphaTrace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Newcastle'ish
$h@d0wkn1ght said:
well the guy couldn;t find the downloads :( :( lol

Aye but your link doesn't work either m8y, think its proberly best just to include directions.

leocrasher.co.uk -> Mir2 File Downloads -> Mir2 Server Related Files -> Server Starter

GIGABYTE

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2003
i,o,w
w00t :) works, and thanks, i still dont understand i have had it working with all ips changed before oh well its working now, thanks again shadow and alphatrace

$h@d0wkn1ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 13, 2004
Scotland
np, if i know the problem then ill be glad to help, i've learned it all from sconet and these forums :) and others on msn :P