Making a server

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
Would it be possible for someone to make a server without any knowledge of coding etc based on the guides in this forum? Me and a few mates were thinking of trying but non of us have any background in computing. Would i be able to add things to the server etc based on the guides here?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
yes if you take the time and follow what ppl tell you or what u read

Upvote 0

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Would it be possible for someone to make a server without any knowledge of coding etc based on the guides in this forum? Me and a few mates were thinking of trying but non of us have any background in computing. Would i be able to add things to the server etc based on the guides here?

it's possible , but if u want to make a server without a coder then make a 2.3 because 2.6 are buggy like hell and you need there a coder to fix the bugs...

Upvote 0

Kaal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 19, 2008
What is teh difference between the different file types? like theres 3 2.3 ones?

Upvote 0

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Use tds 2.3 files tbh, plenty of guides on forums and everyone is used to the limitations of them, ie stat cap, curse hit chance etc.

Upvote 0

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
What is teh difference between the different file types? like theres 3 2.3 ones?
basicly the there are 2 main server files now (public ) TD 2.3 and Lemon 2.6

TD 2.3 are files without source ( mean they have a limit/cap , but they are did in a way that lets u do alot of custom stuff just u need to use ur head )

Lemon 2.6 should be a "better" version developed but sadly if u take them as they are now ull find that they arent even to a 2.3 proper version ( alot of bugs , cheap code , exploits )
but on 2.6 if u have a good coder u could develop them and on them u have no limit , cap u can do whatever ur heart wants ;)

but atm TD 2.3 owns lemon ( as TD is working on some sexy updates :thumbup2:)

so an short answer to ur first question is YES and its pretty easy if u use 2.3 ;)

Upvote 0

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀

link here the 3 versions of 2.3 that you have found.. probably it's only an error.. you might have found 3 different guide for 2.3 but they all are TD's files.. i also made a server guide time ago with everything already setted but the files aren't available anymore..

Upvote 0

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham

As has already been said, your easiest option is to use 2.3 files. They will get you a decent and stable 2.3 standards server and really, you can customise a lot. Obviously the latest updates of official Mir aren't in there though.

Coding isn't easy for beginners and I dare say only a handful of stuff has been covered in the guides so far.

Upvote 0