Making items only last for 30 days

Join Discord

legz

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 16, 2004
Hi i would like some help with this if possable .
is it possable to make a set of items that are special which once got . ie from a quest or via a start npc put inplace in the game ,that will only last for 30 day or a set time /date
many thx

legz

NeOn

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 12, 2003
Chatsworth Estate, Manchester
Hi i would like some help with this if possable .
is it possable to make a set of items that are special which once got . ie from a quest or via a start npc put inplace in the game ,that will only last for 30 day or a set time /date
many thx

legz

what files are u using, neway on euro there is something called Golden Egg, it only lasts for an hour I think, but when you go anywhere near a store it disappears from you're bag. Maybe use the same STD and Shape as a Quest Item, make the dura 1000 or w/e and make it dissappear when it comes too close to a store, I am pretty sure it has something to do with the DB but dont take my word for it, you're probably better asking TD if its his files you are using.

/N

Upvote 0

K_Jonzy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 8, 2008
My House
i no that u can do this...
make the item
make a npc that gives you the item and starts a timer,
then in 30days it will tele u back and make the items non tradeable to stop ppl making noobs doin it and transfering

Upvote 0

lordatrox

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2008
i no that u can do this...
make the item
make a npc that gives you the item and starts a timer,
then in 30days it will tele u back and make the items non tradeable to stop ppl making noobs doin it and transfering

isnt the timer cancled once you log out?

only way of doing this really is to set them as normal items, make them non tradable etc and just remove the item/destat them after 30 days.

another option could be to make it non tradable, storable or droppable and put a 30 login timer onto it. then every login the timer counts down, once the timer hits 0 the items are removed. i know this not what you are after but its another solution. that way you wont have people say "i only play at weekends blah blah" the only real problem you will get is if people have there main chars all on one account and switch between them often lol.

then for any server crashes you can just add a login or 2 to there items.

/torni

Upvote 0