Map Converters

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
N1 I was looking for this one as it was the one i tried to use a while back to place the dragon objects to the object files to get the dragon maps working when they first came out.

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
pointless tool in my opinion but nice one on release.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
its not pointless to a map maker, helps them make there objects.wills how they want them or just add more to them

like i said is only good for a mapmaker but some peeps love making maps

lif

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
its not pointless to a map maker, helps them make there objects.wills how they want them or just add more to them

like i said is only good for a mapmaker but some peeps love making maps

lif

im a very experienced map maker and its very pointless unlessim missing something... it only converts mir2 objects and even if it was to convert mir3 objects (what kaoiis proggy can do but in english) it would still be pointless...

let me explain. When you rip and recreate tiles from say mir3 to mir2 you need to rebuild them into an Object.wil say Object100.wil then once you have built the objects from the images you need to make the Map...
SO that map reads the images in there compiled object state from Object100.wil

if i was to convert the objects "dungeronsc.wil" from mir3 into mir2 and then convert the JinchonTemp Maps, where in the converted files would it be telling it to read from?"Dungeonsc.wil" of course and does the current mir2.exe's read from a objects.wil called "Dungeonsc.wil"? of course not it only reads from Objects.wil...

see why its pointless?

/Echo

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
Well.. then why would someone even make this program.. I mean even if you wanted to re-arrange the original mir1.4 files and make your own custom maps so only your server's object files could be used to see the most basic things... it wouldn't be possible because every server's files would still be compatible because it would still be reading each tile from the same object files...

example..
your rip half of the files in object4.wil/wix and put them in object2.wil/wix and rearrange a couple other .wil files.. your saying they would still be telling them to read from the original files..

therefor im back to this... why was this program made? .. If it serves no purpose..

oh and have u tested this? just wonderin not trying to flame anyone...

N nice find because i am a mapmaker.. but i wouldn't have a clue how these types of things work :(

Holy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 13, 2006
Well.. then why would someone even make this program.. I mean even if you wanted to re-arrange the original mir1.4 files and make your own custom maps so only your server's object files could be used to see the most basic things... it wouldn't be possible because every server's files would still be compatible because it would still be reading each tile from the same object files...

example..
your rip half of the files in object4.wil/wix and put them in object2.wil/wix and rearrange a couple other .wil files.. your saying they would still be telling them to read from the original files..

therefor im back to this... why was this program made? .. If it serves no purpose..

oh and have u tested this? just wonderin not trying to flame anyone...

N nice find because i am a mapmaker.. but i wouldn't have a clue how these types of things work :(

Basicly when you make a map with a map editor it reads from the tiles i have told it to (object100 in this case) if i made a JinchonMap which used the JinchonTemp tiles in Object100, then someone wanted to use my map with the JinchonTemp tiles in Object50, then it wouldnt work, all the tiles i have used to build the objects have to be in the same named file for it to work...

the purpose of this proggy is to simply convert Eurp Mir2 type objects/maps to a 1.4/1.9 type (type 2 to type 1 i think it is) it cant actually convert woool or mir3...

The reason i have said its pointless is because Kaoii's Image Veiwer already does this... abit quicker also...

/Echo

GuildWars

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 28, 2004
Basicly when you make a map with a map editor it reads from the tiles i have told it to (object100 in this case) if i made a JinchonMap which used the JinchonTemp tiles in Object100, then someone wanted to use my map with the JinchonTemp tiles in Object50, then it wouldnt work, all the tiles i have used to build the objects have to be in the same named file for it to work...

/Echo

That's what i was pointing out.. However many object files u use you will always have your own unique server ones, that only your maps will work with.. This makes it not so world friendly but.. People need to quit changin from server to server.. i think this will keep people on the server they like the most..