Ruby Map creation / editing

paveysi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2008
Hey guys,

It would be easier to explain with visuqls so please see attached image but ....
I have had managed to make the water run how I wanted it however where I have added the sea/beach object it has left me with straight lines.
Is there a way to blend the sea into the dirt then blend that into the grass as in the rest of the unedited maps you see in the rest of the map?

I saw individual tiles an tried to use them but couldn't find the right directions.

Is there an object set that can be used for this?

Attachments

• IMG-20150102-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20150102-WA0002.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 30

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Are those lines in game or on the map edit ?

Those are map edit, when it resizes the image the left side of the tile becomes transparent due to not being able to split a pixel into half. (at least i'm 99% sure this is the reason) They do not show in game though, as its ran at 100%.

What you should of done is created the grass with light dirt / mud on the surroundings. Then gone and placed sand with the light/dirt mud a couple of spaces away, filled the empty space with light dirt / mud and then placed the beach over the sand. The objects you've used are not actually objects, they are tiles, so you've got your work cut out if you plan on fixing that. You will find the pieces you need its just working from sand to dirt is quite hard as they are nearly identical. .. *sigh* cant press enter. You will also need to look at your attribute placing's as those beaches often screw up and cause a right pain.

I Hope that helps a little? I would show example but I don't have map edit on work pc.

Upvote 0