Map Request ASAP :]

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Im looking for a able map maker to create a small map, the map will be a Forest type with a small burnt down village in the center, with a cave around somewhere, use your own inspiration, dont go over the top with the tree's etc, and the village must have a few burnt down houses with room for some npcs, and 2 gates, with a wooden fence around the edges of the town.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Do you actually think someone's just going to make you a map cos you ask for it?

Decent map makers are few and far between, so unless you've got a mate who is one of them, you'll have to make it yourself or go without.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
What size? I may have a blast if I'm at work but I'm not great. I must admit I always though maps were easy to make... Then after spending 20 + hours on 3 maps and them not even being finished I realized how wrong I was lol.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Haha, Well when i get to the stage of creating a server (Not the coding), I may look for a Map Maker to join my team, How big were them 3 maps ?

Hijacked another post? Last time i looked it was for azzi, not Thor.

Azzi just try yourself.. to get somebody else to make a map you got planned is extremely hard (its why iceman never get maps the way he wants). For what you want wouldnt be too hard, here;s a small guide to go about it.
  1. make 300x300 map (would be best size for map you'd want)
  2. Place town, build it up to desired shape, and location (central?), also don't be scared to place buildings next to each other, towns with 100mile walks between shops really look crap.
  3. Place walls for town, again don't be scared to place them near buildings, just don't make it an immigration camp.
  4. Draw on rough paths using tiles
  5. Place Cave on map
  6. Add a Tree wall around edge, or cliffs up to you.
  7. Apply tiles and tile details.
  8. Apply Detail (trees, stone, bushes, dead bodies whatnot.
  9. COMPLETE!

If you struggle for layouts etc.. do tiles first if needed.. sometimes drawing the map in tiles helps.

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Sorry IceMan, but I was responding to the Jamies post which also included a picture of my work. The OP may decide my map making skills are not up to the standards of what he wishes to have on his server and the screen shot could help him decide. I fail to see it as spam as I killed two birds with one stone, answered Jamies post and shown the OP one of my maps.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Sorry IceMan, but I was responding to the Jamies post which also included a picture of my work. The OP may decide my map making skills are not up to the standards of what he wishes to have on his server and the screen shot could help him decide. I fail to see it as spam as I killed two birds with one stone, answered Jamies post and shown the OP one of my maps.

he didn't ask to be shown a map completely different to what he asked for to show what you got, he wants a map to what hes qouted. You post was more self advertisement than helping azzi. Not a dig at you, as i think your alright.. but lol ;P

azzi

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Hijacked another post? Last time i looked it was for azzi, not Thor.

Azzi just try yourself.. to get somebody else to make a map you got planned is extremely hard (its why iceman never get maps the way he wants). For what you want wouldnt be too hard, here;s a small guide to go about it.
  1. make 300x300 map (would be best size for map you'd want)
  2. Place town, build it up to desired shape, and location (central?), also don't be scared to place buildings next to each other, towns with 100mile walks between shops really look crap.
  3. Place walls for town, again don't be scared to place them near buildings, just don't make it an immigration camp.
  4. Draw on rough paths using tiles
  5. Place Cave on map
  6. Add a Tree wall around edge, or cliffs up to you.
  7. Apply tiles and tile details.
  8. Apply Detail (trees, stone, bushes, dead bodies whatnot.
  9. COMPLETE!
If you struggle for layouts etc.. do tiles first if needed.. sometimes drawing the map in tiles helps.

cheers dude ill give it a go, only reason is i hate doing maps and am crap at them, everything else im good at but maps is my flaw :( but ill try
which thread has the 2.3 map maker in? cant find it cuz im a noob lol