MapEditor Query

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Is there a max map size or any limitations to what it can create as a mini/big map?

I have a .map file that no matter what I try, it always crashes the map editor / mini map creator (the map itself works fine in game)

EDIT:
Nevermind I found my original image from ages ago

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think there is any sharp border size wise. Also (I think) it is not the map size alone but how the map is loaded with objects. Some maps you can make minimap, with some luck, after several tries in freshly started editor, others just keep crashing the program.

You can try to make bigmap size and scale it up to minimap size (bigmap is more forgiving on the 32 bit program). You lose image quality but at least you get something. I might add a screenshot size smaller than bigmap to enable taking images of those big maps that crash the editor. Some mir3 outdoor maps are notoriously heavy on the editor even when size wise they are not that big.

You are lucky you found the image. In a pinch, there is a workaround but it it too much work (cut the map up to smaller sections and assemble their minimap screenshots...)