Maps coming soon

smoochy boys on tour

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Will be working on some maps again over the next few days. And will release all of my work on this thread, so keep your eye on it.

If there is any requests for maps, leave a description of the map and wat objects,tiles etc you want. Or even better you could do it in paint and upload the pic here.

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
Will be working on some maps again over the next few days. And will release all of my work on this thread, so keep your eye on it.

If there is any requests for maps, leave a description of the map and wat objects,tiles etc you want. Or even better you could do it in paint and upload the pic here.

i wouldnt mind a map bout same size as bw 1 temple ent 2 caves
forest n a nice town at the bottom of the map bit bigger then geko border

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
yeah make some caves, :) use some new tiles and objects in your maps if you can.

appreciated.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
-NO TOWN MAPS

-long dungeons like BDD

;)

please dnt do ne town maps so pointless

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Why are town maps so pointless? I like the fact of having a nice new variety of province maps.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
cause town map r pointless, majority of server owners seem to use euro 1s, or use some crapy custom 1

theres loads of custom homezone maps that been made and about, hardly ne decent caves

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Ok will knock up a few floors for a cave. Will post some screenys 2night or 2moro.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
cause town map r pointless, majority of server owners seem to use euro 1s, or use some crapy custom 1

theres loads of custom homezone maps that been made and about, hardly ne decent caves

Caves are boring.. but ye people usually make preety **** town maps.

Mine were meh.... one i got on my pc is like PWHOR! :P They need dedication to be good town maps.

Temples - are so-so time n effort is making walls match up and then fillin in with details...

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
I think the point is though that we need more cave maps than we do towns..

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I think the point is though that we need more cave maps than we do towns..

Point is, people complain about what maps they are given. If you want a cave map so bad, you make them yourself. If somebody paid me, i'd glady make 40 cave maps. But its get what your given or ...... . This is the point of mapping nobody understands, its for fun! (yes it is a very sad geekish form of fun)

Also when learning to make town maps is easiest due to a much larger selection of objects and tiles, you can combine Deserts, to forests, to islands.... in temples you cant. They have variety, unlike caves where your creativity is capped to the Walls and objects links and joins.

Rant about Town Vs Caves OVER.
-------------------------------------------------------

ThreeHeroes have you got any previews yet? Add me on msn - [email protected].

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
ur on my msn m8, i just cant let you know who i am :O

will upload some 1st floor after i get lvl 40 on euro :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Point is, people complain about what maps they are given. If you want a cave map so bad, you make them yourself. If somebody paid me, i'd glady make 40 cave maps. But its get what your given or ...... . This is the point of mapping nobody understands, its for fun! (yes it is a very sad geekish form of fun)

Also when learning to make town maps is easiest due to a much larger selection of objects and tiles, you can combine Deserts, to forests, to islands.... in temples you cant. They have variety, unlike caves where your creativity is capped to the Walls and objects links and joins.

Rant about Town Vs Caves OVER.
-------------------------------------------------------

ThreeHeroes have you got any previews yet? Add me on msn - [email protected].
we aint gonna do it ourselves tho, we aint map makers

the guys asked wot maps ppl want, we've said caves, so dont ***** its boring and just do it smavid u lazy nob! :p

town maps are easier... thats why every1 does em and they are so crap and boring, no1 hunts in towns, no1 ever properly links a town up with shops and npcs, they are WASTED!

ThreeHeroes

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 6, 2009
Decided to work on a add on to BW from Border Village, only a little town (will have all shop maps) then forest with a few paths, leading into a temple,cave, and a swampy forest. These are what il be working on over the next couple of days.

started work on town about 45mins ago, so thought id post a little pic b4 i go back to PC :P

Not much deatail atm, but coming on ok so far.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
the add on to BW from Border Village is HellIsLand as done in Koren mir

but nice map :)

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
the add on to BW from Border Village is HellIsLand as done in Koren mir

but nice map :)

Also border village has shops.. so no offence its a bit of a wasted map. As the reason ice said.

Try on the Right side of BW where the oma cave/natural caves cliffs meets the water edge, theres expansion from there onto a new map which could use a town. If you want i can set you up with a proper link which is 100% identical on each sides.

we aint gonna do it ourselves tho, we aint map makers

Well maybe you should be... *mmm hmm*

the guys asked wot maps ppl want, we've said caves, so dont ***** its boring and just do it smavid u lazy nob! :p

Err i think we know i can do it.. and again *mmm hmm*

town maps are easier... thats why every1 does em and they are so crap and boring, no1 hunts in towns, no1 ever properly links a town up with shops and npcs, they are WASTED!

Err i have spoken town maps are easier.. they are fun, vibrant, loving, and people do hunt there!! when you start on many servers, where do you kill your first mob? In a town.. so shh ben, or ill rape you. *mmm hmm*

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
and where is that start map on majoirty of servers? normally border or BW lol

and when its not, it will be some crapy homezone like crusade, where u teleport to noob cave to hunt

seriously, thers so many town maps out there, and in all honesty, most euro 1s are better than ne thing ppl make... so just stick to caves

as for that map.. agian so pointless, hell island is off border

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
I get why people continue to make town map after town map, because they are by far the easiest maps to create. But bon is right, caves or temples are much more useful as releases to the community, rather than yet another tired town map. Any server out there really only uses one town map overall, making any additional ones pointless. I could understand if you were creating your own server and wanted your own unique town map, but when your just releasing maps... at least release ones people will use. :cray:

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
lol he asked us what we want, then ignores it :((

meh, your choice, but as Bons been saying, we need some new temple maps being made. Smavs an idiot don't listen to him. Obviously towns look better and show your skills off more, but caves are needed, towns aren't.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
dont u get bored of caves wen they have old looking tiles?

for me theres already enough premade caves which look like mines, oma cave, natural cave, wt, zt, etc etc. 1 map of each set is all u need. if the layout is familar then just adjust the floor order on your server imo.

outdoors are more fun to hunt and make. u cld make 10 outdoor maps with trees and cliffs, and 10 oma looking caves which are hard to tell apart.

jus my opinion, but thats why i always make oudoors maps.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
dont u get bored of caves wen they have old looking tiles?

for me theres already enough premade caves which look like mines, oma cave, natural cave, wt, zt, etc etc. 1 map of each set is all u need. if the layout is familar then just adjust the floor order on your server imo.

outdoors are more fun to hunt and make. u cld make 10 outdoor maps with trees and cliffs, and 10 oma looking caves which are hard to tell apart.

jus my opinion, but thats why i always make oudoors maps.

Farpit we are too smart for this bunch of people.. your 100% right.. outdoor maps = VARIETY.

Cave/Temple = SAME!

Example of this.. i made a small room, and i showed to bon.. he said "that's PSC 3rd" or along those lines, one of the prajna maps lol......