Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah think razarus was playing slight 'Devils Advocate' there.

I didn't know about that black mark, but yeah, its a shame but not unwarranted I guess. People are a cautious folk, but shame. You've done wonders for the community since then.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
There have been some early concerns about the GameShop implementation. (That's what Beta is for)

It seems this has been resolved with the implementation that ALL GameShop items are now crafteable. (Crafting Tab - Consumables.)

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry for the crash,

Due to the nature of Permanent Buffs Duration and the Crafting system, There was an oversight by me, it's all fixed and working.

Macka

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
still cant log in. Attempting to connect to server I gave up at attempt no 11

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
still cant log in. Attempting to connect to server I gave up at attempt no 11

Try run auto patcher, failing that.

Delete all the Files except the launcher (Keep Folders), And then run the Launcher it should repair it self have no issues.

Macka

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 30, 2013
that worked Thanks. Will do that in future. (Shoulda known really - been a while)

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Im not sure if the 2 brothers (banshee & Prowind) will recollect the conflicts they had with myself and my lot back on reunited server, i was almost certain they cheated on that until i teamed up with kenpachi (then called Fusion) whos speed was insane made for some interesting fights. turned out it was something to do with single processors or some ****

innocent until proven guilty. only a handful of people accused are using

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Meh I've never encountered Jamie cheating or being a douche, so I don't see a problem with it as long as it's not blatant or actually going on. Keeping open records would be ideal, but hardly feasible.

Pretty sure...

Jamie or Jamies brother = Firephoenix/Shane of euro P....

And firephoenix/shane are responsible for a whole **** storm on Euro.... They pretty much destroyed the servers. Granted it wouldn't of lasted long anyway.. But still.

On topic -
Is this going to be another Euro clone? So...craft whitegold sets, leveling in PSC, having a WSB.
Having to grind for 2 weeks to get high enough to use flamefield, then having to kill 1000's of bosses to get flamefield...?

You have spoke alot about the little things ect you have coded, but what about the actual content/gameplay/Balance

Last edited:

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Jamie marriage buff bug, displays 400% exp increase.

lvling shinsu skill seems pretty underwhelming, did you say you are going to be adding an extra pet lvl?

lvl 7 - 370 health, loses more than half it's hp to flaming sword. edit - a forest yeti chunked 1/10, seems to have very low defense (deva defense seems double).

Also Deva gets hit 100% of the time with 17 acc, though i can't really complain about deva it does it's job.

Pretty sure...
You have spoke alot about the little things ect you have coded, but what about the actual content/gameplay/Balance

There is a lot of balancing work being done especially in regards to sin skills, my lvl 40ish taoist could handle more than 2 average kitted out sins but jamies done a lot of work and then some over the course of a week. Get on to help him test, this is gonna be great.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Very much Euro Clone, as he think he has said, but with 'Bells and Whistles'. So far the bells and whistles are keeping it enjoyable for me, if not entirely 'fresh'. Fesh enough to enjoy immensely though

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I simply cant understand why a new set of files is required to run a euro clone. Have said that in multiple C# euro clones and now we get a "Marble" euro clone.

Someone could download a 2.3 basic server and it would be more than enough for a euro clone with barely any work required (let alone the value of work Jamie has put in this).

We really needed a new set of files in order to hunt zombies in copper rings, then bugs in skele rings and finally zumas in drings? Seriously now? A ton of decent coding work required for that?

Im pretty sure that this server will succeed for reasons i cant understand at the moment but tbh i expected something more innovative. I wouldn't be surprise if someone at 2027 launched a "Saphire files" euro-clone trying to replicate a server where ben could solo guilds and hens were dropping paras and pro rings.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
The point being is that it is NOT required. Each server owner is entitled to do what they want, which they have... constantly.

And the Euro clones, or Euro equivalent/related are the ones that seem to stay about... therefore evolution takes hold (odd phrasing...perhaps survival of the fittest) but those are the ones that survive. No idea why new items aren't more popular, or new enemies, but when the work is there, why not use it. I guess

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Jamie marriage buff bug, displays 400% exp increase.

lvling shinsu skill seems pretty underwhelming, did you say you are going to be adding an extra pet lvl?

lvl 7 - 370 health, loses more than half it's hp to flaming sword. edit - a forest yeti chunked 1/10, seems to have very low defense (deva defense seems double).

Also Deva gets hit 100% of the time with 17 acc, though i can't really complain about deva it does it's job.

There is a lot of balancing work being done especially in regards to sin skills, my lvl 40ish taoist could handle more than 2 average kitted out sins but jamies done a lot of work and then some over the course of a week. Get on to help him test, this is gonna be great.

Sounds like its going to be another euro clone....

I have no desire to play a euro clone. Euro was ****, thats why we all stopped playing it and the servers shut down.

Yeh the coding and the "bells and whistles" are great, but a crafting system is wasted if all you can craft is a whitegold set (That no-one ever used on euro so what makes you think its going to be used on this?)

The monster leveling system...to be totally honest is just a nice gimmick, same with the the log and the stats. Really nice things to have, but only when complimented with an actual server and content.

It seems like such a waste of talent. Although like Squall says I am sure it will be sucesful for reasons I can't understand, for a time anyway until the hype wears off.

@Squal - Chillaxe bro, I'm on it, and it's gonna be good.

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I'm guessing this will go the same way as chronicles goes, deal with euro content untill everybodys out leveled it then it will be like playing a brand new server with all new content.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014
Sounds like its going to be another euro clone....

I have no desire to play a euro clone. Euro was ****, thats why we all stopped playing it and the servers shut down.

Yeh the coding and the "bells and whistles" are great, but a crafting system is wasted if all you can craft is a whitegold set (That no-one ever used on euro so what makes you think its going to be used on this?)

The monster leveling system...to be totally honest is just a nice gimmick, same with the the log and the stats. Really nice things to have, but only when complimented with an actual server and content.

It seems like such a waste of talent. Although like Squall says I am sure it will be sucesful for reasons I can't understand, for a time anyway until the hype wears off.

@Squal - Chillaxe bro, I'm on it, and it's gonna be good.

euro was ****? i loved mir2 dragon server 2002-2003 was the highlight and pinnacle of my mir experiance

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
euro was ****? i loved mir2 dragon server 2002-2003 was the highlight and pinnacle of my mir experiance

Euro was only good the first time around, when no-one knew were anything was, what was happening and people had a passion for playing it and even then, when you sit and think about it it was probabaly only so popular as it was the only MMO around at the time. When WOW was released in 2004...Mir died.

Nowdays everyone is trying to "recreate that euro feeling" and they seem to think that means copying it. While i think it means recreating the whole process, the enviroment and bringing back the element of suprise and exploration, and improving the way items are structured to provide more choice ect and thousands of other things.

I spent most of my euro days stood in BW town as there was nothing to do but I was too addicted to play something else and the community was great. Getting that community on a private server is just never going to happen. You log on chronicles and no-one is in BW, there are now BW book store fights, people hardly ever PVP or compete its just a bunch of addicts with nothing better to do.

But, i digress, good luck jamie and sorry for ruining your thread :biggrin-new:

Last edited:

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
Can't log in past char select. Press start on char and get a black screen. I've deleted all files and re run the launcher, still get the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.