Marble Server - [Marble Files] - Low / Custom Rate

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Euro was only good the first time around, when no-one knew were anything was, what was happening and people had a passion for playing it and even then, when you sit and think about it it was probabaly only so popular as it was the only MMO around at the time. When WOW was released in 2004...Mir died.

Nowdays everyone is trying to "recreate that euro feeling" and they seem to think that means copying it. While i think it means recreating the whole process, the enviroment and bringing back the element of suprise and exploration, and improving the way items are structured to provide more choice ect and thousands of other things.

I spent most of my euro days stood in BW town as there was nothing to do but I was too addicted to play something else and the community was great. Getting that community on a private server is just never going to happen. You log on chronicles and no-one is in BW, there are now BW book store fights, people hardly ever PVP or compete its just a bunch of addicts with nothing better to do.

But, i digress, good luck jamie and sorry for ruining your thread :biggrin-new:

You make a lot of sense which is why we need a new province

Timelegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2015
Euro was only good the first time around, when no-one knew were anything was, what was happening and people had a passion for playing it and even then, when you sit and think about it it was probabaly only so popular as it was the only MMO around at the time. When WOW was released in 2004...Mir died.

Nowdays everyone is trying to "recreate that euro feeling" and they seem to think that means copying it. While i think it means recreating the whole process, the enviroment and bringing back the element of suprise and exploration, and improving the way items are structured to provide more choice ect and thousands of other things.

I spent most of my euro days stood in BW town as there was nothing to do but I was too addicted to play something else and the community was great. Getting that community on a private server is just never going to happen. You log on chronicles and no-one is in BW, there are now BW book store fights, people hardly ever PVP or compete its just a bunch of addicts with nothing better to do.

I disagree with most of what you said. Euro based servers are the best servers with original content but with features (which is what Jamie has done). I completely dislike servers where u start in a new province and u don't know where most of the caves are.

In order to promote new content Jamie will have to keep releasing new patches (with new items, mobs, caves, skills etc.) And it's new content that will keep people coming back to play. Also a server like this should be played in low exp. and drops otherwise people will be level 60 in a month. I think this will be an awesome server.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Most mir players if not all have been playing mir last 15yrs on and off.

You have to agree it can be a bit boring for some to get to lvl40-45 doing EXACTLY the same tedious thing they have done for god knows how many times. In a low rate especially it could take weeks (like it should) before you actually start enjoying the server with whatever endgame euro has to offer + whatever updates Jamie does.

Surely some people are willing to invest those 100s hours (which for me are worse than working at my job) but there are many that will quit the server before reaching the point it starts becoming fun. So the question is why not spicy up those boring/tedious/long 45 levels with some more custom items/caves for example in order to keep as many players as possible since its probably certain that many people will log in day 1. Why not make early/mid game a bit more interesting? Does it have to feel like a job?

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

Mir died to Lineage 2 aswell (i hate that 'World of Quest'! :p )

Ofc mir was great back in the day and a huge part of that was the community was so large and their was a lot to fight for, I still remember luring in ST kr for my guild when at least 4 other guilds were down there with their "warrior walls" and ofc it's going to be almost impossible to recreate that aspect BUT I really believe jamie is on the right track.

You said lvl'd mobs is a gimmick? when a legendary spawns (lvl 7) the server gets notified of it's location and that will breed a lot of activity for the chance of gem/orb/holystone and many other things. lvl 4+ mobs randomly appearing whilst you are lvling will add a bit of excitement with the increased and changed drop. Let's not forget about lvl'd bosses and a legendary will be a server wide/alliance effort.

New content/provinces imo must be done right, for instance on Chronicles new areas were never exciting and made you feel like you wasted your time ("i might aswell lvl vs oma's or in numa" "i might aswell wait for group to do this instance" ), they were just done and no further work or effort involved, i ran endlessly south of JT through this cave to frozen province and their was just nothing about, wolves and more wolves and what does this insprie you to do?

If the game is kept small to begin with a lot of people will bump heads with eachother, infact i don't understand why people would want more provinces why don't we expand the dungeons? that way mudwall, prajna, bw, castle gi will keep being popular places of interaction.

Jamie has been making changes to old items to make them much more worthwhile (purifier sword disgusts me tho xD ) and even added in a few new ones and they have stats which make it seem like actual thought and effort has been put into it.

I'm really impressed, this is how mir should be right now and currently i have faith that he will expand the game/skills in a meaningful way instead of just "adding" like world of content and mir chronicles.

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
the client keeps crashing for me. I have installed all of the directx and also the .net framework but still keeps crashing. the game loads for around 3/4 seconds before this happens.

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk
@NightScare - If the server doesn't interest you then simply don't play. Don't come on here talking trash about it.

"basically making 8trigs/Baekta pretty useless as 2ac /amc never helped anyone." Had to laugh at this. Clearly you don't understand how averages work.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
It's all about the 2x dc+4 copper rings and bronze axe.

Refining that Poweraxe to dc + 3 bro.

@NightScare - If the server doesn't interest you then simply don't play. Don't come on here talking trash about it.

"basically making 8trigs/Baekta pretty useless as 2ac /amc never helped anyone." Had to laugh at this. Clearly you don't understand how averages work.

I will be trying it, as I'm not one of them people who just rights things off because they don't like the look of it.
I think i've tried every single server on LOMCN, and they are all **** except chronicles which is just too boring for me with nothing going on. The whole server seems like its sleeping half the time.

I'm sure I will enjoy it for a week, like I did Chronicles........

Last edited:

Timelegend

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2015
Refining that Poweraxe to dc + 3 bro.

I will be trying it, as I'm not one of them people who just rights things off because they don't like the look of it.
I think i've tried every single server on LOMCN, and they are all **** except chronicles which is just too boring for me with nothing going on. The whole server seems like its sleeping half the time.

I'm sure I will enjoy it for a week, like I did Chronicles........

Looks like it's time for you to find another game or another hobby :)

SadClown

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 30, 2016
I'm just worried about wizzes

With no carry or item weight issues, wizzes will be OP has hell.

Leveling wise, they will be able to T-storm for days with no bag weight so a wizz with a decent gold supply would be able pretty much have un limmited MP, no other class will be able to compete with a wizz (leveling wise)

PVP - it's hard enough to get close to a good wizz, but add a wizz with items such as Bih,high AC gear it will be almost impossible (also take into consideration, item's willalso drop with added stat's so MC CAN roll on BIH's and high AC gear so they technically wont be loosing any MC.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Only thing I hate about euro style servers is the accessibility of high level spells, everyone should get every spell.

I would love to see the server give a level 1 version of the each spell to the character when you reach the required level and remove the spell leveling system completely. Then have it that level 2 spell books drop from trash/bosses, trash at a low rate, bosses a good(ish) rate then finally have level 3 spell books drop from only from bosses at a low rate. Doing it this way, means everyone gets access to every spell(full enjoyment factor) but only the players who play all day long are likely to get their best spells to level 3.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Yeap the weight thing will be an issue regarding wizzies unless they get their shield nerfed.

I dont really agree with the whole concept of "losing 20%mc and gaining 20%ac is fair" because:
1) Spells have base damage which means that losing 20% mc doesnt mean losing 20% damage.
2) AC is also influenced a lot with shield. Who wouldnt use a BiH or a Great helm because he would lose mc1-2?

People used to wear on euro iron rings and not care about the damage loss because of the above reason. Euro didnt have that much item diversity to justify the change that was made in this server.

SadClown

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 30, 2016
Well, wizzes don't need to loose MC really

Remember, items will drop with added stat's so it's quite possible for wizzes to wear high AC gear such as Iron armours/Black Iron helms ect with MC rolled onto them too.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Well, wizzes don't need to loose MC really

Remember, items will drop with added stat's so it's quite possible for wizzes to wear high AC gear such as Iron armours/Black Iron helms ect with MC rolled onto them too.

Could always change all the armours/weapons that say "War/Wiz/Tao" as required class to just the class that should use them.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I had originally had all the items class restricted, but for the beta I need to get some actual gameplay testing and not just speculation/theory crafting. So far I haven't seen much of a problem with the items being usable.

In regards to no weight, why is it a bad thing that you can spend more time hunting and less time idley running to places.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Pretty sure i explainned why the no weight thing is an issue in regards to mostly wiz but tao also.

AC is far more important as a stat compared to MC/SC.
Imagine for example a wiz mc50 ac20 losing 5mc and gainning 5ac. He loses 10% mc and gains 20% ac. Now add to that the Magic Shield and i guess you can see why this is a bad thing.

SadClown

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 30, 2016
I had originally had all the items class restricted, but for the beta I need to get some actual gameplay testing and not just speculation/theory crafting. So far I haven't seen much of a problem with the items being usable.

In regards to no weight, why is it a bad thing that you can spend more time hunting and less time idley running to places.

Its not an issue at all i like the idea to an extent, but, mir has always been heavy into pvp. A wizz was balanced around having high damage and low defence, you give a wizz high damage AND high defence it's slightly OP.

A wizz with unlimited mp/high AC and probably high MC will destroy high number of mobs with just T-storming entire levels of caves in a few goes, where as melee can kill maybe a few at a time.

By the way, i'm not putting the server down, i'm hyped to play it!

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
I think the main concern with wiz is that there meant to be a glass cannon class as it stands there not, even a wiz player has turned round to me and said shield is op. I have witnessed a lvl 40+ wiz tank a ton of mobs that really he shouldn't of been able to. I know you say spells cut through shield but if a wiz can have high ac and just absorb the damage up then there going to be god's in pvp as well.

The down fall of a wiz was the carry weight and the fact that cretin items where to heavy to wear them downfalls aint on here its just a win win if you roll wiz from what iv seen so far

and id just like to add the server it self is fantastic haven't had this much fun on mir since Mir2 Forever was around what jamie has done is great and im so so hyped to play when it goes live!!

Last edited:

rickeh

LOMCN Member
Dec 16, 2003
uk
There really isn't a problem with ac/mc. The reason ac/mc are so high right now is because drops are WAY higher in testing than they will be during live. The same is true of gems.

Due to the 9x exp, people have way better kits at lower level than they will have on live. The higher AC with reasonable MC won't be achievable until much, much later in the game at which point those stats will matter less.

Status
Not open for further replies.