Massive Update planned for OldSkool , ETA - 1 Month

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Someone told me HighRate was crap ... that got me thinking ... what about HighRate AND LowRate combined :P
Wait ... WTF!? ...

Yes the next major update for OldSkool ...

Will be a TimeTeleport NPC .. that allows you to teleport to an entirely new Land in mir .... One where the servers actually low rate ... when u teleport to the original Land .. your items will turn into their lowrate stats ... your level will change to its Lowrate level counterpart ...

And upon teleporting back , the stats will go back to normal ... whats the advantage???

There is none :P .. just that if u wanna switch between highrate and lowrate whilst working on the same character on the same server , then now YOU CAN ^_^ ....

I'll keep people posted as I write the system :P

Maybe it wont turn out so well ;p

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Judging by your signature your definately from France ...

*Cough* anyway ... Unlike all the other servers I genuinely have nobody else to steal ideas off ...

I mean theyre all pretty much just stealing our Ideas anyway .. lol

Plus if this works how I plan it to , we can combine all the lowrate and highrate benefits into one server :P one kickarse server :P

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
But still, what would be the point. Players will not benifit. Why not just use the money your getting from donations to pay for a second box and run a seperate lowrate server....

...wait... I forgot....

...ZOMG NO!11!!1! IT WILL LOWER MY USER COUNT!!...

You all copied your Ideas to make private servers from us old school LOMCN members, saying people copied you is quite out of context. Its like Iceman saying everyone copied us after he released our Foundation files.

KnightRider

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 30, 2003
How you going too stop them from taking the items from thier stoage npc??

emmille

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2007
well ive not looked at the files in a while but....

he could run a script in the robot that checks a chars items every say 20 seconds or so?

So if you do try to cheat the system they could find out.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
sounds like a very good idea but is there much point?
anyway goodluck with that much

/ancient

Ang3l

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2005
lol tuma u need to talk 2 me before u post stuff like this

it is a pointless idea in all honesty, lets just stick 2 high rate lol. thats like remakin a whole new server... do my rebirth idea instead :P

/ben

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Is rebirth rlly that good? :P

I wanna do summat interesting , lol .. bah i'll do both :P , lots free time :P i got 4 more hrs at work and im already finished lol ...

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Not being funny but it does sound pretty pointless and I think there would be many way of getting around all of this.

Resol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 20, 2008
LOMCN, duh
Even if people wanted to play low rate, they would simply level on the high rate, get uber items, and switch to low.

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
I think it's a good idea, may be a little pointless ? And what more fun for everyone, Low rate pvp is better any way

Ang3l

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 21, 2005
Is rebirth rlly that good? :P

I wanna do summat interesting , lol .. bah i'll do both :P , lots free time :P i got 4 more hrs at work and im already finished lol ...
its just pointless man, OS is made to be a high rate... and al the new caves and **** would just waste spawns and make it lag, rly aint no point

the rebirth idea i had was that u went to a whole new land that only rebirth ppl could go 2... with loads new caves and that so its like a new server, u aint gr8 with caves tho lol :P

if u want stuff 2 do i got plenty of ideas u can do lol

oh btw, i got an idea i wanna do with exp, ill tell u later

/ben

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
think its an awesome idea to a certain extent but then again as said by ben youd be doubling the spawns therefor making lag. atleast your being creative which is more to be said about other servers, think bens idea for rebirth is the original idea for alphaomega to have a new land for those that rebirth could be wrong though.

DavidShaw

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Nov 3, 2007
Bah if I run out of things to do or after i've done Ben's RB thingy i'll work on this ... 1/2 day at work 2moro , i'll be home early to eat up all your ideas Bennnny ^_^

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
You all copied your Ideas to make private servers from us old school LOMCN members, saying people copied you is quite out of context. Its like Iceman saying everyone copied us after he released our Foundation files.

Makes me giggle does that.
Never before seen content in Tumas siggy lol... he forgot the end part of that sentence... Never before seen content on a single server.

On LOMCN is okay to adapt peoples ideas, but to take them and palm them off as your own is moronic. Especially when you factor in all the crap you spew about the amazingness of oldskool.

The ideas a useless and failed attempt to try and draw in players that aren't currently playing your server and are still opting to play a decent server.

The idea is flawed, but then again all your original ones usually are. :eek:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol i give up on all this flaming crap, i dunno why its even needed

cause might was so amazing wasnt it

MoaningMurtle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Untited Kingdom
Makes me giggle does that.
Never before seen content in Tumas siggy lol... he forgot the end part of that sentence... Never before seen content on a single server.

On LOMCN is okay to adapt peoples ideas, but to take them and palm them off as your own is moronic. Especially when you factor in all the crap you spew about the amazingness of oldskool.

The ideas a useless and failed attempt to try and draw in players that aren't currently playing your server and are still opting to play a decent server.

The idea is flawed, but then again all your original ones usually are. :eek:

Is he flaming me or agreeing with what I said? What I said was 100% fact lol

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
All i can say is

Now you know how others feel?

/Jenix

Nobody wants your little 2pence you boob. Stop ending all ur frigging posts with

/Jenix.. ITS IN YOUR GOD DAM SIGNITURE.. ITS WAT ITS MADE FOR!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea seems crap, just make RB :P