maths question

Spria

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 24, 2004
im stuck on this question.

a robot travels away from a starting point S on a bearing of 130 degrees for a distance of 200km before changing direction and travelling on a bearing of 60 degrees for a further 50km before halting at point H
using trig try to find the bearing and distance of H

thanks if any1 can be bothered to work it out for me, cause i cant do it

also needs to be in 2moro :S

oh plz show ur working if u can. ty agen

Last edited:

Salad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2006
Woodley, Reading
Spria said:
im stuck on this question.

a robot travels away from a starting point S on a bearing of 130 degrees for a distance of 200km before changing direction and travelling on a bearing of 60 degrees for a further 50km before halting at point H
using trig try to find the bearing and distance of H

thanks if any1 can be bothered to work it out for me, cause i cant do it

also needs to be in 2moro :S

oh plz show ur working if u can. ty agen

Heh you want us to do your maths work for you? One answer to that ask your parents or ask your teacher tommorrow to find out yourself, you cant let people do your work for you other wise you will never learn to do it yourself.

Spria

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 24, 2004
GilgaMesh said:
Protractor, ruler and grid paper. Easy to work out from there.

its ok saying that but i have no clue what to do with that question, its trigonometry

Salad said:
Heh you want us to do your maths work for you? One answer to that ask your parents or ask your teacher tommorrow to find out yourself, you cant let people do your work for you other wise you will never learn to do it yourself.

my parents dont have a clue ive asked them.
and its has to be handed in at 9 2moro so i cant really ask my teacher.

so yes i would be very grateful if sum could do this math question for me

HunterR

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 7, 2004
London
Salad said:

When you were first born, was you already as retarded as you are today or did it develop gradually? The guy did not ASK on WHO to ask to get help from, he just asked a simple maths question that he wants the working out for.

/Faggot.

Back on topic - im not really good at maths but i would say if you draw what it asks you to scale then you measure the distace and you should be able to get the meassurements for h.

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
yeah good idea, draw a 200km long triangle.

see it as a triangle with sides 200km and 50cm with a 60 degree angle between them plus another unkown side. Just find out the unkown as you would any trig question.

If you dnot know how to do trig, im not explaining it.

Salad

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2006
Woodley, Reading
HunterR said:
When you were first born, was you already as retarded as you are today or did it develop gradually? The guy did not ASK on WHO to ask to get help from, he just asked a simple maths question that he wants the working out for.

/Faggot.

Back on topic - im not really good at maths but i would say if you draw what it asks you to scale then you measure the distace and you should be able to get the meassurements for h.

I am really suprised that you are not banned yet. Since you seem to flame me on every post i do. Your not funny get over it, If the maths question is so simply why didnt you give him the answer? I think it is clear who is the real retard here which is you my friend.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Salad said:
I am really suprised that you are not banned yet. Since you seem to flame me on every post i do. Your not funny get over it, If the maths question is so simply why didnt you give him the answer? I think it is clear who is the real retard here which is you my friend.
I think you are both stupid,and should both be banned.

P.S You are definately not someone who should critisize ones sense of humour after posting this..

Originally Posted by Dataforce
Thanks, I'm not really much of a drinker tho, so chances are i will be able to type just as well as normal
tongue.gif

happy xmas, weres my pressent
smile.gif

Sorry can't help you with the math question. Always had trouble with math myself lol.

Spria

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 24, 2004
kk i sort of drew this up but i dunno how to get the missing figures, paintshop pro ftw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 39

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Just quickly, if thats a right angled triangle (if you drew it properly you would find that it is) then the side you want to find (call it x) is 200 squared = 50 squared TIMES x squared. Which equals 200 squared - 50 squared and then square root it. In total you get 193.65 KM as x. If you want to find the angle do SinX = 50/200 and then work from there (hard to type on a computer). I'm not exactly concentrating but it should be something like that.

/Miles