Messages in scripts

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Does anyone know if it is possible to send a message to all in group/guild as part of a script please?

mapadale

Does anyone know if it is possible to send a message to all in group/guild as part of a script please?
Yes you can do it.

Though of the top of my head, I couldn't tell you the script command for it.

But you can do it, ether in the same way as a sysmsg or as a script box message. Which can be written into the jin.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Thought it must be possile but I can't seem to find out how to do it either, I've searched scripts... anyone know?

Upvote 0

mapadale

Thought it must be possile but I can't seem to find out how to do it either, I've searched scripts... anyone know?
Are you wanting to do is part of a quest, or as a group hunt message.

The quest is easy, as its all to do with the Mapquest.txt and quest diary. I think, but without fully looking and testing. Its also the same with the group message system as well.

Best person to talk to is Mick.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I was looking at this thread yesterday, but I have nothing intelligent to add.. so I thought I would keep quiet lol.

Could it work with i.e

sysmsg [group] "Hello"
or Linemsg or something like that? Guessing really.

/Mick

Upvote 0

mapadale

I was looking at this thread yesterday, but I have nothing intelligent to add.. so I thought I would keep quiet lol.

Could it work with i.e

sysmsg [group] "Hello"
or Linemsg or something like that? Guessing really.

/Mick

Thats what I was thinking with the linemsg, but was also thinking along the lines of the questdiray as well.

You know for message's when quest's are completed, so might be some heavy testing to do over the weekend and see how it can be done.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
I've tried sysmsg [group] not tried linemsg though and it's not to do with a quest and i don't use mir's own quest system :)

If for example i wanted to add a message as part of my wall war script to send a message to all those in same group/guild....that's what I'm looking for.

ps. I don't use mir's wall war scripts either, wrote my own as it's monsters vs humans ^^

Upvote 0

mapadale

I've tried sysmsg [group] not tried linemsg though and it's not to do with a quest and i don't use mir's own quest system :)

If for example i wanted to add a message as part of my wall war script to send a message to all those in same group/guild....that's what I'm looking for.

ps. I don't use mir's wall war scripts either, wrote my own as it's monsters vs humans ^^
lol, you would make it easy wouldn't you Chim :brows:

There will be a way of doing it.

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Only way i can think of it is through mondie, so when the mob is killed a message is written to the people who killed it which could be a group but anyone there would not receive the message = /

I havn't got my files unzipped atm but maybe theres something in the guild creation script? Like on official when a war or seige was anounced it was broadcasted in guild chat.

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing ;)

I'll try messing with some ideas next week when i have more time :)

Upvote 0

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
hm... the only thing i knowto affect a whole group is in the mapquest.def.... group at the end off the line, so maybe you could make a script in mapquest like #SAY something, and in mapquest.txt put "group" at the end, thats the only way i can think off...

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
hm... the only thing i knowto affect a whole group is in the mapquest.def.... group at the end off the line, so maybe you could make a script in mapquest like #SAY something, and in mapquest.txt put "group" at the end, thats the only way i can think off...
Isn't that for group kill rather than solo kill? Thats what i always had ti down as anyways

Upvote 0

Dumachi

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 18, 2007
Romania
it works with mob spawn and death, it spawns mobs on a whole group, or a message when a boss is killed, is given out to the whole group... i dont know exactly what chimera is looking to do, its just a tip:)

Upvote 0

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
looking to give a message to all in a group as part of a script, not on mob death, not on entering a location or anything you can use mondie for, I think *wheels turning in head* :S

Upvote 0

mapadale

looking to give a message to all in a group as part of a script, not on mob death, not on entering a location or anything you can use mondie for, I think *wheels turning in head* :S
What are you wanting to give the message for???

As you pointed out, its not for killing a mob so that rules out MonDie
its not for a quest or entering somewhere so that rules out MapQuest.

If your wanting to do it as a server message, then writting into the Jin and adding the jin script into the guild script would help.

Upvote 0