Mir 3 Open Beta Announcement

smoochy boys on tour

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
We would like to thank you for your participation as we prepare Legend of Mir 3 for release.

We are pleased to announce the Open Beta Test will begin on June 18th, with specific times as follows:

Client Download

- June 17, 18:00 (6:00 PM) PST, North America (USA - Seattle)

- June 18, 02:00 (2:00 AM) BST, Europe (UK - London)

- June 18, 09:00 (9:00 AM) South East Asia (Singapore)

- June 17, 22:00 (10:00 P.M) South America (Brazil - San Paulo)

Server Open

- June 18, 17:00 (5:00 PM) PST, North America (USA - Seattle)

- June 19, 01:00 (1:00 AM) BST, Europe (UK - London)

- June 19, 08:00 (8:00 AM) South East Asia (Singapore)

- June 18, 21:00 (9:00 PM) South America (Brazil - San Paulo)

In addition, we are going to relocate the main server from Korea to the US. We have made resolving the lag issue our highest priority and we expect this will improve performance for players who experienced chronic lag during both the CBT and PreOBT. In this version, we fixed many bugs and took several suggestions from users.

We appreciate and look forward to your ongoing support as we continue to improve our game and service.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
This is Wemade, not GamePot.

Unlike GamePot, Wemade has given us no reason to doubt their word on bug fixes.

And yet Gamepot have fixed bugs quicker than Wemade.

Mir 3 from first beta to second beta had barely any changes or fixes. Lag wasn't sorted and the pot bug still existed. Meanwhile bar an extended length of time to fix Running everything else Gamepot have fixed within a day or two.

And for the record bots and cheats =/= bugs.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well technically the pot bug should be fixed now since that was caused by lag issues, but it all depends if we still lag on the US server still.

Maybe its just me not liking the way GamePot is run, they may fix bug but why not fix cheats? The last time i reported cheats on here i did it like 10 times, saw at least 4-5 of them still playing so i would imagine all 10 would be too.

The way they run this game is poor as well, they seem mainly interested in having fun rather than actual work.

I usually understand them missing out the low levels, since they make practically no difference to anyones game play, but Thor posted a video of a high lvl using it...so whats the excuse of not banning him? He was also luring on their group which correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they post a rule about that? lol.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Well technically the pot bug should be fixed now since that was caused by lag issues, but it all depends if we still lag on the US server still.

Maybe its just me not liking the way GamePot is run, they may fix bug but why not fix cheats? The last time i reported cheats on here i did it like 10 times, saw at least 4-5 of them still playing so i would imagine all 10 would be too.

The way they run this game is poor as well, they seem mainly interested in having fun rather than actual work.

I usually understand them missing out the low levels, since they make practically no difference to anyones game play, but Thor posted a video of a high lvl using it...so whats the excuse of not banning him? He was also luring on their group which correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they post a rule about that? lol.

If you really think Wemade will run the game any better you're sadly mistaken. But by default Mir 3 will have less players and thus less cheaters.

In terms of banning Cheaters it's easier said that done and they have already stated that they are swamped with support emails and that it is taking a while for them to get through them all. That + run through isn't exactly a good way of confirming a cheater (I haven't watched the video) I occassionally run through people with or without Lag. The game seems more forgiving now in terms of when it decides to let some run through or just bounce back.

Personally I and a lot of other people feel they do a good job running the game and it really is a small minority of people who complain and find fault where there is little.

oh and I've said it before but Wemades own official servers are swamped with bots and cheaters.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Actually run through is a perfect way of detecting a cheat, especially when the thing their running through is standing still lol.

If you watch the video you can see the tao run through the group that is gathered in the corner...he lures mobs and runs behind their wall (Where the Wizards are) so he's safe and that group he lured on takes the damage.

Could be lag from whoever taped that video, but from what i could see he was also hitting super fast, as in faster than the A.Speed+8 potion you can use lol...but again, could be lag that caused that 1

But the run through you could easily use as a reason to ban someone.

The reason why i think its not run properly is cause the cheaters don't even attempt to hide it anymore, and its cause of the same reason i'm making these posts...these cheats know that they won't be caught.

Infact the only banning i've heard of so far is from people being good at PvP, when they actually have no real evidence of them cheating.

So if they decide to catch 'cheaters' with no real evidence, why not catch actual cheats with solid evidence like that video?

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
dam im going to miss launch and client download :S but im sure ill sort it out when i get back :) i hope they have fixed the lag issue

RazzleDazzle

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
~{Aylesbury}~
Wemade managed to make their version unplayable for me after the first OBT. They fixed nothing for me personally....just screwed it up.

Matthew93

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2009
how's this ?
i get some kind of graphic's error and iv never experienced this ever whilst playing mir for quite some years

Matthew93

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2009
nah it like crashes then puts me onto my desk top and say's i need to restart my computer

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
Also I hope they fix the client for some people.

Heard that the gameshop will be implimented too.

They must be doing something because the website is down.